Where are all the old forum members?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

:rolleyes: Oh! Is he talking about me? Frankly, my posts are boring. :)
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Evil D wrote:There was a major V Bulletin upgrade in '04, just about any forum that runs off it if you look at the oldest members they're all '04 because everything started over.
I've been hanging around here since the summer of 2000 -- have a 2000 Forum Military with the pearl Spydie insert to prove it. :spyder: Just don't post much.
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

dsvirsky wrote:I've been hanging around here since the summer of 2000 -- have a 2000 Forum Military with the pearl Spydie insert to prove it. :spyder: Just don't post much.

There we go, member #25!

Now we're seeing some seniority. :spyder: :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20

Thought I'd dig up the very first post on the forums in honer of this rather retrospective thread. :) This other one is a classic as well.

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I'm still here.......but I'm not one of the "old old" guys. I lurk a lot and don't post because I see a TON of the same threads, and if people searched they would find them. I do more searching here than posting now days.

I do miss posts from Daywalker, Axlis, Hannibal Lecter, Agent Starling, PJRocco, zenheretic, yablanowitz, java, Vincent, cobrajoe, WORKER#9, and many others.

I visit almost daily but I don't post much any more. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I was very active for awhile. Then I got a real job and a wife. Now I just mainly lurk. I still carry Spyderco's although my knife taste is tending to go more toward the deacon philosophy of clipless and natural handle materials. I still spread the love of the spydie bug.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
JBE

Post by JBE »

This is probably my first post here in a long, long time...

IIRC, I originally joined the forums sometime in 2002....

I still lurk from time to time but, honestly, it's been a long time since I bought a new knife :o

I still carry a Spyderco everyday, a Military...my brand-loyalty with knives has not changed :)

I guess my focus has changed over time from knives to handguns...especially those ugly, black plastic pistols called Glocks :D
Jason
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I'm a long ways away from being one of the senior members, but I still lurk every day. My collection has decreased in size a fair bit, but I still have at least one Spyderco in my EDC rotation. :spyder:
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Not sure if I count as one of the old forum members, but I'm still here and try to participate. Seems like there has been a huge influx of members in the last two years, probably partly due to the relaxed registration requirements (for better or worse) as well as increased brand awareness.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

jabba359 wrote:Not sure if I count as one of the old forum members, but I'm still here and try to participate. Seems like there has been a huge influx of members in the last two years, probably partly due to the relaxed registration requirements (for better or worse) as well as increased brand awareness.
Over 4k posts and I'm just trolling you guys. Just wait, the timeshare solicitation of the century is about to launch!! :)

Nice to see all these oldies puff the dust off their accounts with an air duster btw. Cheers and wb if only for a thread!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Thanks for the links Jordan although they are both the same. That first post is awesome, it's like watching Chris Columbus getting off of the Santa Maria. The double posts are hysterical.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21

Heh, indeed they are the same... my bad... this is the other one I was talking about. It is the "how did you find this new forum" thread from way back when. I am trying to find another one from forever ago that covered the "controversy" surrounding replacing AUS-8 with some new fangled VG-10 stuff... but that one was bookmarked on another computer, so no luck yet. Every now and again I like to dig into the older ones for a little perspective. I lurked in this place for a loooong time before I finally registered in 05'. I was still in high school when I found this place... so the forumites were knowledgeable to the point of intimidation, didn't want to sign up and look like a TOTAL idiot :p . Thus, I waited till I learned a thing or two and actually generated some real questions.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
BAL

Post by BAL »

Love the second thread as well Jordan, It is interesting to read posts from that far back,
Thanks, G'day.
Donut

Post by Donut »

JD Spydo wrote:Many folks would like to see me go away :D And they have tried but failed to get rid of me :rolleyes:
You know, I hear they are giving a case of beer, pizza delivery, and a fully serrated hawkbill and wharncliffe with all new memberships at a certain other forum. :D
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Donut wrote:You know, I hear they are giving a case of beer, pizza delivery, and a fully serrated hawkbill and wharncliffe with all new memberships at a certain other forum. :D
errrrrrrrrrrrrr.....donut...............link please..........Doc ;)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Donut

Post by Donut »

lol =)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
ceya

Post by ceya »

I'm a old head, from 2000 .

Hey Doc, JD, and Deacon.

Doc, I may come out to see you.

I haven't been on any knife forums in awhile so did not jump ship.

Plus word wasn't passed for a Spyderco formation .

I welcome the new guys to the Spyderco forums.

S/F,
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
JD Spydo

Spyderville reunion?

Post by JD Spydo »

Donut wrote:You know, I hear they are giving a case of beer, pizza delivery, and a fully serrated hawkbill and wharncliffe with all new memberships at a certain other forum. :D
I don't drink anymore>> I have an IMO's pizza parlor close by and I have enough Hawkbills to keep me from being bribed for the present time :rolleyes: :D . Not that much of a Wharncliffe fan :rolleyes:

Maybe a trip to Fjordland in New Zealand might drive me away for a while ;)

Actually I'm wondering if we ought to have a Spyderville family reunion sometime this upcoming summer out in good ol Golden Colorado USA. Or maybe we could do it at the upcoming Blade Show in Atlanta.

It truly does make you wonder where many of the great Spyderheads wondered off to??
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JD Spydo

Old Times & fixed blade hawkbill

Post by JD Spydo »

ceya wrote:I'm a old head, from 2000 .

Hey Doc, JD, and Deacon.

Doc, I may come out to see you.

I haven't been on any knife forums in awhile so did not jump ship.

Plus word wasn't passed for a Spyderco formation .

I welcome the new guys to the Spyderco forums.

S/F,
CEYA!
Yeah Ceya!! I remember that one fixed blade Hawkbill you showed us some time back. I had wondered where you were all this time :)

From 2004 to about late 2006 were truly some of the best times I remember on the Spyderville forum. And it's funny how people out of that era like yourself do tend to pop up every now and then. Daywalker, Simona and Manixguy were 3 that I really wish would come back.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Donut

Post by Donut »

JD Spydo wrote:Not that much of a Wharncliffe fan :rolleyes:
I'm going to go vote your "Now is the time for a new wharncliff" thread 1 star out of 5. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.