Where are all the old forum members?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I miss Daywalker, Axlis and Pjrocco to name a few :confused:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Jazz wrote:Get off my lawn, you little pukes! :D I'm kidding - I hope puke isn't too harsh a word.
Haven't heard from Agent starling, Hannibal, or Axlis for ever.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Saw Agent Starling lurking here the other night I dropped her a PM spoke with Hannibal just a couple of weeks ago, (and inquired about KaliGman who I see is well and posted in this thread) sent Daywalker an e-mail the other day, but have not heard back from him...That's all I can tell Ya....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
JaM

Post by JaM »

Just lurking here, reading and posting now and then... :)

Not sure if I am 'old' forum member. Dont feel like it though :D .
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

I caught onto spyderco kinda late, been on bladeforums since 05.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Evil D wrote:with the majority of them being '10 and '11.
This is because right around this time, Spyderco relaxed the registration requirements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

You will probably find them on a Lawn Bowls forum. :p
Or in one case I know of it would be the Randal forum.
OCD's can change focus. :)
O.
RLR

I's been around a bit...

Post by RLR »

But sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post, sometimes I just go away :)

I also think that a forum upgrade changed us all to 2004 if I remember correctly. May be wrong, but...
metalhed
Location: (Golden, 5 miles from Spyderco)<NO LONGER Sacrameno Ca

Post by metalhed »

I lurk alot, but dont post much. I am on here about every day. Looking to see if there is any new stuff on the horizon. I live in Golden so I get to go to the Store alot.

I have seen a number of folks disappear over the years. But every forum is like that.
MetalHed
Rock on- Dude!
JD Spydo

2004, Sept was the re-vamp date

Post by JD Spydo »

RLR wrote:But sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post, sometimes I just go away :)

I also think that a forum upgrade changed us all to 2004 if I remember correctly. May be wrong, but...
There are a lot of the older members listed as being here since Sept 2004. But many of them had been here long before that>> The Deacon being one of them for sure.

Now I really did join in Sept 2004 for real. To be fair about it a lot of things can change in the scope of 5 to 10 years.

I sure miss Lady Simona, Jimmy Dean, Axlis, Mike Sastre and a few others I could mention. Some of them do come back from time to time.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
raven

Post by raven »

Still around and post on occasion ;) ... been a little busy with the new start here in South Carolina :) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
KBR

Post by KBR »

I'm still around, although I don't post as much as in previous years. A divorce, constant work and raising my son took up alot of my time, but my situation has changed drastically over the last couple of years. Now that I'm an empty nester, I have more money for new Spyders and other cool toys.... :D :cool:
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

JD Spydo wrote:There are a lot of the older members listed as being here since Sept 2004. But many of them had been here long before that>> The Deacon being one of them for sure.

Now I really did join in Sept 2004 for real. To be fair about it a lot of things can change in the scope of 5 to 10 years.

I sure miss Lady Simona, Jimmy Dean, Axlis, Mike Sastre and a few others I could mention. Some of them do come back from time to time.
Mine says Member since 03/2005 but I know when I joined Deacon and a few others had much earlier dates....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

FWIW, when I joined in mid-2003, there are some who'd already been here three years.

As for reasons why people disappear, they're as varies as the reasons we do pretty much anything. Interests change and people move on. Other hobbies, other brands, custom knives, you name it. Circumstances change, for better and for worse. Jobs, family, finances, and heath can all bring us here, or take us elsewhere. Am sure a few have died too. Plus, the tone of the forum changed to some extent when "free" email addresses were allowed and not everyone felt it changed for the better.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JD Spydo

Vampyrewolf may be the longest one I know of

Post by JD Spydo »

I know that Vampyrewolf has been here longer than most of us and I think he has been here even longer than Deacon has. I also know that Hannibal Lecter has been here long before the Sept 2004 revamp date.

Simona and Zeus had both been here for a while when I arrived.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

defenestrate wrote:erm..
x2 :spyder: :D
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Still here, post sometimes... Still appréciate the homey fell of the forum, but as I don't come here as often as I did, I sometimes miss stuff...

Take care,

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I was a member of the pre-revamp site for a while, but dropped off during the 00's because work kept me busy.

But as some of you know, I've been a registered Spyderholic since the late 1980s - back before there was this new-fangled Interweb thing. (I understand its like a bunch of tubes or something... Dunno.)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Elsilrac1

Post by Elsilrac1 »

I have been sournded by the Spydero voices for some time.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

RLR wrote:But sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post, sometimes I just go away :)

There was a major V Bulletin upgrade in '04, just about any forum that runs off it if you look at the oldest members they're all '04 because everything started over.

I was just curious because i'm one of the oldest members on a couple car forums i'm on, and it's really been so long since i was a noob on a forum it struck me that besides the regulars it really seems to be mostly newer people around here. But yeah i know all about jumping ship and losing interest...it happens with cars everyday. I've also been in that group before, i was heavy into nitro RC cars for a couple years and then dropped completely out of it. I've been on different forums about different cars and then sold the car and moved on.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

metalhed wrote:I lurk alot, but dont post much. I am on here about every day. Looking to see if there is any new stuff on the horizon. I live in Golden so I get to go to the Store alot.

I have seen a number of folks disappear over the years. But every forum is like that.
THAT...is not fair. Not at all. You're hereby banned :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David