Something for you Watch Guys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
WalzAaronFFG

Something for you Watch Guys

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

So I know that for many of us quality knives and watches go hand-in-hand. I, for one, love a nice watch. I just bought an awesome new watch and thought I would share the brand since it wasn't one I was familiar with prior to doing some research.

Anyway, I saw a Suunto Elementum Ventus while watching Anthony Bordain's No Reservations, at the time I didn't what it was, but I HAD TO FIND IT, and after doing some reading and seeing more photos, I HAD TO HAVE IT! I only saw the watch lit up for a short second and had no clue of the brand, but I did some hunting on google and found the watchuseek forum.

I used a blurry photo I snapped of the TV screen with my phone to ask the forumites what watch I was looking at, and they guided me to the Suunto forums.

http://www.suuntocampaigns.com/Elementum/

So I finally broke down and bought one and it is a great watch. Expensive, no doubt, but aside from looking really cool it has a barrometer, and digital compass. It is missing a few simple features that the more outdoorsy type folks will want, but they do have other watches that fit that need (and are in a lower price range)

So here she is: Suunto Elementum Ventus. It is around $1000 MSRP, but I found one on eBay NIB for $550. They also sell different leather, metal, and rubber straps for them so I bought black leather and white rubber aside from the grey rubber it came with.

I would really suggest checking out the Suunto brand if you are in the market for a high-end digital watch. Even if their Elementum line isn't what you're looking for, their Core line is preached heavily in the Suunto forum. It is loaded with features, styles, and is a great value.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

That is sweet. I'm a sucker for a cool watch.
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

That's a badass watch. I've been wanting one for a while. Congrats
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

They are slick. I've had a few. They are indispensable for high altitude.
gac

Post by gac »

Neat watch.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Thanks everyone. I usually stick to the cool Analogs in a more sane price range... Citizen, Fossil, ESQ, and Seiko. I have recently gotten into watches that are... different? I might keep posting new watches to this thread as I see them.

I especially love mechanical watches. I wish this one wasn't covered in Swarovski crystals, or I would buy it: http://www.phosphorwatches.com/Phosphor ... 181961.htm

check out the cool mechanical movements and sounds this thing makes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNlDqff ... re=related
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja