Hey, I'm in Japan and I need some advice

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
mwmccormick

Hey, I'm in Japan and I need some advice

Post by mwmccormick »

I really want to find a Japan exclusive spydie but I haven't found any knife type shops yet. I'm staying in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. I know some of the members here have been to Japan and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm only here for a couple of more days. The work is over and now I have playtime. I have the evenings to explore a bit but I'm on foot. God I hope I can find something.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Send an email to spyderwa. He travels to Japan every year and buys knives.

add -> pm sent
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
spyderwa

Knife stores in Japan

Post by spyderwa »

If you take the Yamanote line to Ueno there is a old-style shopping area known as Ameyoko by the south exit. In the enclosed shopping area there are at least two knife stores. One of them has a few exclusive Japan-market Spydercos as of last month when I was there. There is another knife store on the same street as Yodabashi Camera. The other knife store that I would highly recommend is "The Edge" in Shibuya. It is rather hard to find and is up a flight of stairs, but usually has a large selection of knives, (6000 plus). The sad part is that the exchange rate makes knives very expensive right now. I only bought two Spydercos on this trip and that was the Mount Everest Worker in plain-edge and a Lg. Goddard, though I won a free Snap-it and Al Mar knife while there. I found those at the G.Sakai factory during the cutlery festival this year. Here is the link. Hope this helps. Have fun. spyderwa

http://www.ohyasuya.co.jp/aigo/indexeng.html

2F Umeyama Bldg., 9-1, Dougenzaka 1-chome,
Shibuya-ku, TOKYO, 150-0043 JAPAN
Tel. 03-3780-1192
jackburton9807

Post by jackburton9807 »

Good luck on your quest.

Shinjuki, man I love that place.

Jeff