So... I just got off the phone with Chris Reeve...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DCDesigns

So... I just got off the phone with Chris Reeve...

Post by DCDesigns »

Im ecstatic. I just got off the phone with none other than Chris Reeve himself! I can hardly contain my excitement! I honestly felt a bit starstruck talking to such a legend in our little world.

The reason I am excited: I will now be the supplier for all the snakewood that is used for inlays on the Sebenzas and Mnandis. I can hardly believe it myself!

Apparently Chris had been looking for a new supplier for a while, and just ran out when I sent an email (I considered it a VERY long shot) to see if CRK might be interested in some of my stock. I was surprised when Heather said Mr. Reeve would like to speak to me, and asked for my number :eek: :D !

I just had to tell someone, and I felt yall would be the most interested.

Here is a sneak preview of the snakewood inlays that will be featured in CRK knives for the upcoming year. (I feel it is an improvement over the snakewood he has used in the past)

Post by 1623 »

Congratulations, that's quite an honor.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Sweet!!!
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Saweeeet man. Congrats. I have some DCD... scales waiting for my next mule. Let us know how things go with CRK.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Beautiful wood.
Bet you get a free Sebenza for that deal. :D
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Thanks yall!
1623 wrote:Congratulations, that's quite an honor.
I could not agree more. The man is a living legend. I even saved his voicemail messages to me, lol. He was very pleasant to deal with on the phone, it was cool to hear some of his passion coming though when he spoke about wood working. He is planning on making a couple canes out of this wood as well, and he was pretty excited about that. I saw one of his Ti canes on ebay go for over a grand!

gull wing wrote:Beautiful wood.
Bet you get a free Sebenza for that deal. :D
thanks! Not quite free, more of a trade :D . Im just getting a plain small sebenza. I will probably get a large one with snake wood inlays once he is using my wood. Both will have very sentimental value for me now! :)
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Good fun and beautiful wood.

I once attended an economics presentation given by Murray Weidenbaum. He mentioned that he would be giving the same talk in Washington DC in a few days. I called his secretary and left a message that one of his charts was screwed up because he used the highest marginal income tax rate as if it applied to the entire amount of taxable income. He called the next day to thank me and I was so surprised and tongue-tied that I made a complete fool of myself.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Awesome! I will hopefully have something I can barter for some scales as well, if Mr. reeve doesn't use it all ;)
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

Congrats! It just goes to show if you don't try something you'll never know what could have happened.
Spyder Count: 7
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Uhoh, Does that mean the new Snakewood inlaid Sebbies will look better than my older one? Say it isn't so. :p

Congratulations. :D
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Donut

Post by Donut »

Congrats!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Huge congrats man, what an honour :D
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Very nice!
Come Join Us Click Here
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Congrats!!!!...Always nice to know when One of our own scores with the big time....You have every right to be excited....Best Of Luck...Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Woo! Congrats! Free Snakewood Sebenzas to all your Spyderco buddies!
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

That is outstanding news! Congrats!
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

That's nice wood in your picture. I can see why he jumped on it. Got to get it when you can. Some things are like that.

Congratulations. Make sure you set a bit aside for yourself though.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
BAL

Post by BAL »

That is truly AWESOME DC. Congrats. Like Doc said, its great to see one of the guys score big.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Congratulations, that's great!

Mr. Reeve is an interesting man, in the good sense of that word. I've spoken to him a couple of times when I called with questions. He's always been very courteous and patient and free with his time. The first time it happened I was almost shocked...I felt guilty for asking him questions and taking him away from things that I thought must be more important than my questions. :)
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Good for you! I hope it's just a start of your business relationship!