What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Jazz wrote:Awesome - that's what I grew up on. :cool: I was grooving to A Flock of Seagulls today, and my wife's playing some nice George Strait right now - gotta love variety.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Yeah its good stuff. Was listening to Hotter than **** and Rock and Roll Over. Two of my favourite Kiss albums.

Variety is the spice of life.
On the hunt for...

Post by 1623 »

DiKa wrote:+1 for CCR. I'm 32, but grew up listening to these guys in my dad's car. Now MY kid is listening to them in MY car. :)
That's outstanding right there.

My kids love listening to all the 70s and 80s records from my parents collection. So much so that for Christmas last year, my son who is almost eight, asked for a Who CD so he could listen to Pinball Wizard in his room whenever he wanted.

I almost cried :cool:
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.

Post by 1623 »

One of my favorite bands in an old but killer performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMQd4quu6Rs
-Jodi

vivi

Post by vivi »

Six Organs Of Admittance - [Maria Kapel CD1 #06] Tilburg
Ted

Post by Ted »

Bury The Hatchet - The Cranberries
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

JD Spydo wrote:My mother was JANIS JOPLIN, my dad was Frank Zappa :cool: Yeah it's the Woodstock era for this ol boy :D Try listening to Jimi Hendrix play his version of "Wild Thing" at the Monterey Pop Festival on YOUTUBE where he burns his guitar as a finale :cool:

I go back to the days of Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, Ten Years After, Mott The Hoople, & T Rex.

I do like some of the newer stuff like Kidd Rock, Nickelback, REM, Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails. But being raised on the Beatles & the Stones puts you in a genre you're not willing to leave very easily. Enough Said>>> Now go put on that old BLIND FAITH album :D
The Deacon wrote:Lately, it's been mostly Pink Floyd at home and CCR in the truck.
chuck_roxas45 wrote:Ho Deacon, Pink Floyd for me too. Really like them. :D

In addition to Steely Dan, The Cure, Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest, and oh, Adele(sheepish grin here).
Yes. I mean I agree, ok YES also.

I'll throw in Crosby, Still, Nash (and the other one) :) Neil young. Seals & Crofts. Fogelberg, Even some Simon & Garfunkle. I'll throw John Denver in when I'm in the mood. Oh yeah, Skynyrd (original) I saw them at the Capitol Center (One More From The Road tour). Charlie Daniels, etc. etc. etc.

Jack
GotDogs

Must be the Bronx in me !!!!

Post by GotDogs »

Queen, Motley, Tool, Train...... I guess I am a minority because as I type Jay-Z is playing .....99 Problems and .50 Cent is coming up next. All that and I was born in '61 :cool:
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I listen mostly to guitar-oriented music - most commonly classic rock and metal. I came up on classic rock and was in high school when the grunge wave hit.. I cover songs by alice in chains, nine inch nails, tool, system of a down, pearl jam, soundgarden, stone temple pillots, nirvana, leonard cohen, tom petty, the beatles, pink floyd, led zeppelin, the who, the rolling stones, etc.

The music I write has those influences plus others. Have been adding a heap of bluegrass, celtic and death metal playing and writing elements to my acoustic songwriting and will do the same on electric probably. Recently have added a dark bluesy element to my playing which should pay off in the form of some interesting songcraft in time. My time in Memphis was not a complete waste..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
zidfeldts

Post by zidfeldts »

I mostly listen to blues and '60s rock. Buddy Guy, Leadbelly, Hooker, SRV, Elmore James are among my favs.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

1623 wrote:One of my favorite bands in an old but killer performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMQd4quu6Rs
Ya man! Love that song - love their sound.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Listening to a CD my wife obtained (must have been a PBS special) with an 20's style blues/Dixeiland band led by Winton Marsalis and featuring Eric Clapton and Taj Mahal.

fine stuff
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Post by 1623 »

I've been revisiting a few of my old favorites lately.

Living Colour
Veruca Salt
Pearl Jam
Candlebox
Fishbone

Listening to quite a bit of classical while driving home from work as well.
-Jodi

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Spotify has ruined my life. I'm spending way too much time listening to new stuff. Some recent music that I've been stuck on (some new to me, as well as some old):

Feist - Metals
Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Low - C'Mon
Sigur Rós - Takk...
The Beatles - Love
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

Best mix cd I have in my street glide's radio. Clutch, corrosion of conformity, black label society and fugazi
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper

Post by 1623 »

Mojo51 wrote:Best mix cd I have in my street glide's radio. Clutch, corrosion of conformity, black label society and fugazi
Nice!
-Jodi

Yang2006

Post by Yang2006 »

Well, at this very moment I'm listening to Muse's Can't Take My Eyes Off You.
Btw, do you know anything about vob player?
http://vobplayer.org/
Yang2006

vob player

Post by Yang2006 »

And now it's Muse's Sober. Love them so much! :D
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

Must be my age, but I don't even recognize the names of some of the groups you guys listen to. :confused:

If I'm not listening to acoustic jazz (Brubeck, MJQ, Jamal, Mulligan, Monk, Desmond, Evans) then it's essentially the groups I grew up with. The Who, Zep, Stones, Hendrix, Cream with a little reggae thrown in from time to time.

From time to time I can get in the mood for Mozart, but not much else classical.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

NYRich wrote:Must be my age, but I don't even recognize the names of some of the groups you guys listen to. :confused:

If I'm not listening to acoustic jazz (Brubeck, MJQ, Jamal, Mulligan, Monk, Desmond, Evans) then it's essentially the groups I grew up with. The Who, Zep, Stones, Hendrix, Cream with a little reggae thrown in from time to time.

From time to time I can get in the mood for Mozart, but not much else classical.
You are definately showing my, I mean YOUR age. :D You left out a few but Spyderco's server doesn't have enough memory to hold a list of all the great bands from that era. :D :D

Jack
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

jackknifeh wrote:You are definately showing my, I mean YOUR age. :D You left out a few but Spyderco's server doesn't have enough memory to hold a list of all the great bands from that era. :D :D

Jack
That was a good time to be a music fan. I spent many a night at the Filmore East and Madison Sq. Garden (or at least what I remember of them) listening to those groups.

Never made it to Woodstock as I was stuck in traffic on the NY Thruway for at least 6 hours and gave up. Not sure if that was good or bad. :D

My oldest daughter (35) picked up on my tastes but leans a little more toward heavy metal.