What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageAnother old favorite. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

The band used to have this and other full albums for free on their webpage, but it looks like that site is no longer maintained. Full album is on youtube. Anyone that likes late 80's to 90's thrash would dig it.
:unicorn
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/sXmrMMYpQL4

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

https://youtu.be/bVjXAGXlqnA
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/hUioud7Qtsw

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:35 pm
Bloke that is fantastic music ! I need to check out more of Nick Cave , awesome. Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Check these siblings out. The way I heard it, Dad decided that he needed to give the kids something to do, so he sent them all to music school. They're like the Partridge Family of metal.

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Not sure what to think of this one, creative to say the least. I do remember being in 3rd or 4th grade and watching this movie in class. It gave me nightmares for a while. One of the few things that really scared me as a kid for some reason.

https://youtu.be/BF4EVYYjt1A
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

The Andrew Klavan podcast while out on a bike ride this afternoon.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
max808

Post by max808 »

Listening to Biffa play indie games. He is a master of intersections in Cities Skylines and always very generous in sharing his expertise.
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

Stuff like this...
sanpalmapop133000.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:35 pm
Ok Bloke ! You have sucked me into Nick Cave , I listened to some of his music mowing today , I’m going to explore more of his music. Thanks buddy ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:09 pm
Ok Bloke ! You have sucked me into Nick Cave , I listened to some of his music mowing today , I’m going to explore more of his music. Thanks buddy ! Dan
Ah,hahaha! He goes OK Dan, but he’s pretty dark too.

You might like this one, mate. ;)

https://youtu.be/qB2BLMeYrAk&feature=emb_imp_woyt
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:01 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:09 pm
Ah,hahaha! He goes OK Dan, but he’s pretty dark too.

You might like this one, mate. ;)

https://youtu.be/qB2BLMeYrAk&feature=emb_imp_woyt
His music is definitely dark , Wild,Rose blew me away . I had to look up the word abattoir ,and then the song made sense . Thanks Bloke . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/ZONKoKIQ9RY

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Harry Nilsson

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I heard this song earlier today on the Lithium channel on Sirius radio. I haven't heard it in years and it brings me back to a specific memory haha.

Being in my early teens hanging out in buddies sunroom on a summer morning watching VHS skateboarding tapes before we'd go out and skate the day away at 14 years old. His sister who was a few years older, probably 18 and rarely paid us any mind came in the sunroom one morning and was playing this song on her little portable cd player sitting by the window. I remember thinking she was so hot and my buddy called me out in front of her... she smiled and said I had good taste!! :grin-smiling-eyes

I'll never forget that, and hearing this song come on earlier today put a smile on my face while driving to the grocery store. Funny what memories music can trigger!

https://youtu.be/ds_43MdYiuQ
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I heard this song earlier today on the Lithium channel on Sirius radio. I haven't heard it in years and it brings me back to a specific memory haha.
I heard it in a movie I watched the other night. It is funny how a song can bring back vivid memories of so long ago but they often do for me. I didn't even think of Nillson with that song either. I more think of all his songs that were used in commercials and TV show theme songs ( the one from "The courtship of Eddie's father" for example ) . He was more known for pop songs and commercial stuff.

What I find strange is girls I knew in high school and thought were hot are now grandmothers and great grandmothers. I see myself daily and know how old I've gotten but something inside still thinks I'm young.
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:04 pm
I heard it in a movie I watched the other night. It is funny how a song can bring back vivid memories of so long ago but they often do for me. I didn't even think of Nillson with that song either. I more think of all his songs that were used in commercials and TV show theme songs ( the one from "The courtship of Eddie's father" for example ) . He was more known for pop songs and commercial stuff.

What I find strange is girls I knew in high school and thought were hot are now grandmothers and great grandmothers. I see myself daily and know how old I've gotten but something inside still thinks I'm young.

Joe,

Certain songs of the past remind me of the girls I had crushes on when the songs were newly playing on the radio.

The girls I thought were hot are all also at least grandmas, and some are great-grandmas. Last October, my high school class had its 40th anniversary reunion, but I didn't attend. A friend emailed me pics of the reunion. I was shocked to see that the first girl I had a crush on in junior high (middle school) now looks like she could be my mother-in-law, and grandma to my kids (if I had any). She was almost unrecognizable. And most of my crushes were a year or two older, so they'd be in their early 60s now. I also look and act a lot younger than most 59 year-olds, so there's that, too. I'm not judging anyone for that. It was more of a wake-up call for me. To a young person, I'm still an old geezer. Time changes us all, and it's mind-boggling how quickly it flew by. But the music is forever.

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Certain songs of the past remind me of the girls I had crushes on when the songs were newly playing on the radio.

The girls I thought were hot are all also at least grandmas, and some are great-grandmas. Last October, my high school class had its 40th anniversary reunion, but I didn't attend. A friend emailed me pics of the reunion. I was shocked to see that the first girl I had a crush on in junior high (middle school) now looks like she could be my mother-in-law, and grandma to my kids (if I had any). She was almost unrecognizable. And most of my crushes were a year or two older, so they'd be in their early 60s now. I also look and act a lot younger than most 59 year-olds, so there's that, too. I'm not judging anyone for that. It was more of a wake-up call for me. To a young person, I'm still an old geezer. Time changes us all, and it's mind-boggling how quickly it flew by. But the music is forever.
Well put Jim. Life sure has flown by. I can tell how old I'm getting by my list of doctors. One for this, a different one for that. Still, it can always be worse. Every time I'm at the hospital or even just the doctors office I see how much worse it can get. The next stall had a guy with gangrene in his leg from diabetes. Another one on the other side was jaundiced and I listened ( not by choice) to the doctor explaining the transplant system. I left more stressed out than when I arrived sick.

My blood pressure is always higher when I'm at the doctors. They do stress me out. :)

Joe