What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Evil D »

max808 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:16 am
Evil D wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:19 am
My job affords me the opportunity to listen to a lot of music, and one of my favorite things to do is listen to entire discographies of bands from start to finish. Today we're going back to '83 and listening to the whole SLAYER discography because why not.

🤘 :cheap-sunglasses 🤘
Excellent choice Sir, only band I saw in 10 years. The hardest part in that most noble endeavor is to get past the first couple scream albums, when you're south of heaven it's smooth sailing into the abyss and beyond...
:respect :cheap-sunglasses :respect

Yeah I can't say I'm too big of a fan of Show No Mercy and **** Awaits but it definitely smooths out from there. Lots of classics.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI saw them live so following Evil D this will be my garage go to this weekend .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/yMG-Mi9I0-k

Jim
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Jim, You have been on a roll lately. Thanks for reminding me of a lot of songs I recall fondly but haven't heard in a while.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:31 pm
Jim, You have been on a roll lately. Thanks for reminding me of a lot of songs I recall fondly but haven't heard in a while.

Beautiful song , great pick . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:31 pm

Thanks, Joe. That is a great song, too. A song I had forgotten about. Thank you for posting it.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

https://youtu.be/jmdiKePVUy8
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

So good. Always.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFirst Moody Blues hit song , “ Go Now “ . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:57 pm
https://youtu.be/jmdiKePVUy8

Thanks for posting that, Alex. A classic song from one of my favorite bands.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:54 am
ImageFirst Moody Blues hit song , “ Go Now “ . Dan

Great one, Dan.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

James Y wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:51 am

Jim
You’re most welcome mate. A great band no doubt but their songs always take me back to high school days and two old friends who died way too young in their early 20’s so I purposely avoid listening to them, Supertrap and a few others.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThere is a song on this album by Death Cab Cutie called “Black Sun “ , it’s a very moving song . Dan.
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:40 pm
James Y wrote:

Jim
You’re most welcome mate. A great band no doubt but their songs always take me back to high school days and two old friends who died way too young in their early 20’s so I purposely avoid listening to them, Supertrap and a few others.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friends, Alex. I totally understand your feelings.

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:40 pm
James Y wrote:

Jim
Totally understand, I have some songs that I avoid because they revive memories that I prefer to leave alone . Your buddy , Dan
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yep, that's the thing about music...it can bring back some of the greatest, and worst memories of our lives. I hate when it's a great memory from being younger in high school, but then thinking about loving those songs with friends who are no longer with us. Very bittersweet.

I actually had this happen to me a couple months ago. Lost a friend I hadn't seen in around 10 years now, but one of those friends that you just pick up where you left off when you do run into each other. He died of an overdose early last year. I listen to various YouTube mixes while I strength train and song/band came on that we used to listen to when skateboarding on his concrete pad in his backyard, music blaring out of the boom box. Those memories instantly came flooding back and I began to tear up within the first minute of the song and had to stop my set. Thankfully I work out at home and was not in public! I did listen through the song and did my best to think of him during those times and not how his life ended up turning.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
James Y

Post by James Y »

Yes, music brings back feelings and memories from the time periods we most listened to them. This past October, my high school graduating class had its 40th year reunion. I didn’t attend, but a friend sent me photos from the event. Among the photos was a table set up as a memorial to class members who had passed. Some who had passed decades ago I had already been aware of. But I was a bit shocked to see the number of senior yearbook photos of those who had passed set up over the table. There were more than a dozen of them, including one girl I’d had a secret crush on back in junior high (middle school). I can remember the music that was popular during the times I knew them, although I cannot pinpoint any particular songs that represent specific individuals for me.

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Strange as it seems there are new songs that trigger old memories, some good , and some not so good . Music can take you to places you don’t want to go to and face and other songs put a smile on your face and joy . I try to find the happy place and move ahead. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:07 am
Strange as it seems there are new songs that trigger old memories, some good , and some not so good . Music can take you to places you don’t want to go to and face and other songs put a smile on your face and joy . I try to find the happy place and move ahead. Dan

Not to take this too far OT, but sometimes even certain weather patterns, or the way the sunlight is (extremely clear, hazy, etc.), can take me back to certain years or time periods, and the music that was popular at the time. For example, extremely bright, clear sunshine reminds me of the summers of 1977 and 1978. Certain shades of gray, overcast skies remind me of early 1978 and the mid-1990s. “Dirty” sunlight, and hazy sunshine mixed with clouds, reminds me of the summers of 1969 and 1970. Weird, I know.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/63tDALdA5tU

Jim