What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Extra330SC

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/dIDzA0YDso8
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/ZxYUxJxXA4E
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/6am8V5KNJ4A
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/bSfqNEvykv0
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

https://youtu.be/YhQ5Dg6gdEw
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

This record is So good. :)
https://youtu.be/cGMjGaiIxtY
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

https://youtu.be/BuXYdRGAtHg
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/eKGj6XEnwYA
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Extra330SC wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm
https://youtu.be/ZxYUxJxXA4E
I was still in high school when the "Doors Absolutely Live" LP was released, it was a double album. I was never a huge fan of the Doors per se but I did like some of their stuff. But in spite of the fact that the Doors were not at the top of my list I still considered that album to be one of the best live albums by almost any rock group at the time.

There was another great live album released that same summer. It was "The Who, Live At Leeds". It had a lot of the songs they did at the Woodstock festival.

One of the very best live albums I really loved was by an old Detroit group known as "The Frost" with guitarist Dick Wagner. It was "The Frost: Live At The Grande Ball Room in Detroit". For those of you who love really high powered rock & roll that was really a barn burner :cool:
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The Doors live at the Matrix nightclub in San Francisco back in 1967. A girl I knew lived a block down the alley from this little club. She used to sneak in when she was still in high school. What would the nuns say ? Yeah, Catholic high school, 1967. Those were the days.

https://youtu.be/gtfS0F6a58E
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

https://youtu.be/McQKA0FeArM
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I find it so interesting that I run into so many young people that like the music I grew up on back in the 60s, 70s and early 80s. I've talked to a wide range of younger people about the old concerts I attended back in the day and most of them tell me that the quality of concerts today are not as good as what I've described to them.

I just turned 65 this past December but yet it doesn't seem like it's been that long since my concert going days. About 5 months ago I ran into a young couple in a local grocery store and the guy had a "Led Zeppelin 1977 Tour" T-Shirt on. I was immediately intrigued because I saw Zeppelin on that 1977 tour in St. Louis MO. I went up and introduced myself and told them that I was truly at that tour and which venue I seen them at and they were mind-blown and treated me like someone important :D It was a great conversation and I found out he got the T-Shirt at a garage sale :rolleyes:

But the couple ( probably in their mid to late 20s) informed me that they had both been Led Zeppelin fans since they were in the early teens. They told me that they thought many of the 1970s bands were far better than most rock groups today. And this wasn't an isolated incident because I run into young people on a regular basis who tell me they like many of the older band better. Who would have thought that the 1970s would have been the Golden Era of Rock Music>> but that does seem to be the case.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 am
I find it so interesting that I run into so many young people that like the music I grew up on back in the 60s, 70s and early 80s. I've talked to a wide range of younger people about the old concerts I attended back in the day and most of them tell me that the quality of concerts today are not as good as what I've described to them.

I just turned 65 this past December but yet it doesn't seem like it's been that long since my concert going days. About 5 months ago I ran into a young couple in a local grocery store and the guy had a "Led Zeppelin 1977 Tour" T-Shirt on. I was immediately intrigued because I saw Zeppelin on that 1977 tour in St. Louis MO. I went up and introduced myself and told them that I was truly at that tour and which venue I seen them at and they were mind-blown and treated me like someone important :D It was a great conversation and I found out he got the T-Shirt at a garage sale :rolleyes:

But the couple ( probably in their mid to late 20s) informed me that they had both been Led Zeppelin fans since they were in the early teens. They told me that they thought many of the 1970s bands were far better than most rock groups today. And this wasn't an isolated incident because I run into young people on a regular basis who tell me they like many of the older band better. Who would have thought that the 1970s would have been the Golden Era of Rock Music>> but that does seem to be the case.
It's because even some young people have taste :cool: I'm younger than you but proudly older than a millennial, and I don't listen to too much music that's less than 15-20 years old. Here's one you might enjoy!

https://youtu.be/pF-oWhD2itE
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:42 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

It's because even some young people have taste :cool: I'm younger than you but proudly older than a millennial, and I don't listen to too much music that's less than 15-20 years old. Here's one you might enjoy!

Hey thanks for sharing that. I've been a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fan ever since they released their first album back around 69 I believe. It was their first album with "Marakesh Express" on it. Then in about 6 more months they released "Deja Vu" which was probably one of the most iconic albums of that era. I didn't know many people who didn't own that album. "Deja Vu" didn't have a bad song on it at all. Sure it had a couple of top 40 type songs like "Our House" and "Teach Your Children">> but I can forgive them for that because many great rock groups had to do a few top 40 songs just to get the big bucks to stay alive in the music business.

Now Neil Young was truly my very favorite folk artist with nobody even coming in a close second. His "After The Gold Rush" album was one that I ended up buying two or three of them because I literally wore one of them out ( vinyl LPs would wear out over time). Neil Young's "HARVEST" album is another one I played a lot. Neil Young and Joe Cocker put more soul in their music than anyone else I know of. R.I.P. Joe Cocker.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:33 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Hey thanks for sharing that. I've been a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young fan ever since they released their first album back around 69 I believe. It was their first album with "Marakesh Express" on it. Then in about 6 more months they released "Deja Vu" which was probably one of the most iconic albums of that era. I didn't know many people who didn't own that album. "Deja Vu" didn't have a bad song on it at all. Sure it had a couple of top 40 type songs like "Our House" and "Teach Your Children">> but I can forgive them for that because many great rock groups had to do a few top 40 songs just to get the big bucks to stay alive in the music business.

Now Neil Young was truly my very favorite folk artist with nobody even coming in a close second. His "After The Gold Rush" album was one that I ended up buying two or three of them because I literally wore one of them out ( vinyl LPs would wear out over time). Neil Young's "HARVEST" album is another one I played a lot. Neil Young and Joe Cocker put more soul in their music than anyone else I know of. R.I.P. Joe Cocker.
Oh cool, I'm well versed in Neil Young's work but I'm not really familiar with Joe Cocker's. Heard of him of course just never really listened. Gonna have to do that soon!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Oh cool, I'm well versed in Neil Young's work but I'm not really familiar with Joe Cocker's. Heard of him of course just never really listened. Gonna have to do that soon!
Simple way to prove what I'm saying. Listen to the Crosby, Stills & Nash albums without Neil Young and listen to the ones where they had Neil Young in the line up. You will see the difference he made in that group for sure.
Joe Cocker did a powerhouse performance at WOODSTOCK. The performances that he and Ten Years After band along with the Who in their younger days at WOODSTOCK were phenomenal. Neil Young has gravitated more to the Country genre in later years but still an excellent song writer. Neil Young's very first album entitled "Neil Young" was also a great LP and very hard to find now a days. It had a song entitled "The Last Trip To Tulsa" which is truly a work of art. Also his Crazy Horse LP was great too with songs like "Down By The River" and Cinnamon Girl were timeless. It's truly hard to go wrong with Neil Young. Joe Cocker's older albums were his better ones by far and they were great. One double album he did called "Mad Dogs & Englishmen" was super. Also Joe Cocker is who discovered Rita Coolidge and Leon Russell.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:41 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
JonLeBlanc wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Weird theatrics on stage...but oh what a voice!
from Woodstock
https://youtu.be/DvLFAbxTNJA
https://youtu.be/FoAO0851FwA
https://youtu.be/G6G1fIbulvo

James
attila

Post by attila »

https://youtu.be/2iWyFHwKHL8
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

https://youtu.be/P0PdXih2aNE
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

My alarm ring tone!
https://youtu.be/v2AC41dglnM