What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RustyIron

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by RustyIron »

Dreaded Double Dummy Post
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Some more freaks.

https://youtu.be/XL20vPIXs-A
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Good Morning everyone.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The Mastiff wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 am

Good Morning everyone.
Hi Mastiff , one of my all time favorite albums . I saw them on that album tour , it’s in my top ten . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Mine too Dan. I never got to see them live but I've seen them on TV a bunch. To be honest I like the old studio versions I grew up listening to more than the new concerts of old guys I always see on TV now. Back in the 70's it was a different story. Ian still looks pretty spry for an older gent. Sensible living I guess.

James Y

Post by James Y »

Aqualung us a GREAT album, guys.

To be truthful, I prefer the studio versions of artists' songs more than live versions. And my favorite "live" versions (that I've seen on TV) were clearly lip-synced, because they matched the studio versions perfectly.

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The Mastiff wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:31 pm
Mine too Dan. I never got to see them live but I've seen them on TV a bunch. To be honest I like the old studio versions I grew up listening to more than the new concerts of old guys I always see on TV now. Back in the 70's it was a different story. Ian still looks pretty spry for an older gent. Sensible living I guess.

Great song , first time Mai heard his first album I was blown away . When he played with Procol Harum , I thought he was decent and albums progressed he started to blossom a bit . I agree with what you are saying about old guys playing new concerts it can be sad . From what I have read Ian owns a farm in the U.K. and spends most of his time there . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/iqmhuKZ83Hg

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

James Y wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:35 pm

To be truthful, I prefer the studio versions of artists' songs more than live versions. And my favorite "live" versions (that I've seen on TV) were clearly lip-synced, because they matched the studio versions perfectly.

Jim
I know where you are coming from , studio is a bands standard to what a concert goer expects and hopes that they put a little icing on the cake in the performance. I rarely watch TV but lip-sync is a bad look to me . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:52 pm
James Y wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:35 pm

Jim
I know where you are coming from , studio is a bands standard to what a concert goer expects and hopes that they put a little icing on the cake in the performance. I rarely watch TV but lip-sync is a bad look to me . Dan

I agree that lyp-syncing looks bad. I guess I meant I liked the sound better, because it was the studio version. Occasionally, live versions were fine, when the bands and/or singers were still young. I don't particularly like seeing singers singing their classics when they're old. I am glad that they lived to be old, but I prefer to remember their singing as it was before. That sounds awfully selfish on my part, but it is what it is. I do realize it's the nature of an artist to evolve with their art over time, and with necessity through age.

Jim
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Old guys and a lotta freaks.

https://youtu.be/UQn-7GCh2r0
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Another one of my favorites. Jim, you got me thinking of this when you played Whipping post. I like this despite all the radio play it got back when it came out. Too many songs were ruined for me by being on the radio every time I turned it on. Several Skynard songs are like that to me.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageJames and Mastiff ! You guys are knocking songs out of the park . I’m not sure if any has ever listened tomJoe Jackson , this was a double album that is very diverse in someways. He can crossover to older styles of music with no effort . He is very hard to pigeon hole one style , guess why I like him so much . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
James Y

Post by James Y »

The Mastiff wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:05 am
Another one of my favorites. Jim, you got me thinking of this when you played Whipping post. I like this despite all the radio play it got back when it came out. Too many songs were ruined for me by being on the radio every time I turned it on. Several Skynard songs are like that to me.

Great one, Joe. Yeah, I get it when you say that songs that were overplayed on the radio can ruin them. I especially feel that way about a lot of '80s songs, for example, 'Hungry Like the Wolf', and a lot of Michael Jackson's songs. I was never much of a MJ fan in the first place; the only song of his I liked was 'I Want You Back, and that was when I was in 1st grade.

Some songs got tons of airplay, but I still like them, though.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:57 pm
ImageJames and Mastiff ! You guys are knocking songs out of the park . I’m not sure if any has ever listened tomJoe Jackson , this was a double album that is very diverse in someways. He can crossover to older styles of music with no effort . He is very hard to pigeon hole one style , guess why I like him so much . Dan

Thanks, Dan, I'll check that one out.

Jim
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/zXpLlpJ5Qnc

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

James Y wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:41 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:57 pm
ImageJames and Mastiff ! You guys are knocking songs out of the park . I’m not sure if anyone has ever listened to Joe Jackson , this was a double album that is very diverse in someways. He can crossover to older styles of music with no effort . He is very hard to pigeon hole one style , guess why I like him so much . Dan

Thanks, Dan, I'll check that one out.

Jim
Henry David Thoreau
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

https://youtu.be/ETkzK9pXMio
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
James Y

Post by James Y »

https://youtu.be/O-y-TJ1Mr_I

Jim
James Y