What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JB3

Post by JB3 »

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-nerd-skin-herd
SRV's first two albums
Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
First three ZZ-Top albums (back when they were Hot, Blue, and Righteous!)
Edgar Winter - White Trash
Feetwood Mac - Live in Chicago 1969 ... back when they were a blues band
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

NYRich wrote:That was a good time to be a music fan. I spent many a night at the Filmore East and Madison Sq. Garden (or at least what I remember of them) listening to those groups.

Never made it to Woodstock as I was stuck in traffic on the NY Thruway for at least 6 hours and gave up. Not sure if that was good or bad. :D

My oldest daughter (35) picked up on my tastes but leans a little more toward heavy metal.
My concerts were at the Capital Center in MA or Richmond VA. The security was pretty intense back then. They searched you as you went in and if you didn't have at least a pint of whiskey they wouldn't let you in. :D That was the minimum. The rock-n-roll standards were pretty high back then. :D My son did the same in music taste and learned to play guitar. He got pretty good and if he kept the distortion down I thought the metal sounded better because the music was clearer. It was funny because even though the difference in music style wasn't as different as the style I liked compared to my father's taste I still found myself saying some of the same things to my son that my father said to me. :confused:

Jack
BAL

Post by BAL »

NYRich wrote:That was a good time to be a music fan. I spent many a night at the Filmore East and Madison Sq. Garden (or at least what I remember of them) listening to those groups.

Never made it to Woodstock as I was stuck in traffic on the NY Thruway for at least 6 hours and gave up. Not sure if that was good or bad. :D

My oldest daughter (35) picked up on my tastes but leans a little more toward heavy metal.
The New York state thruway's closed man.... I was 11 in 69 so couldn't make that one, but did get to Woodstock 94. It was surreal when Joe Cocker came out and you heard the opening bars to "With a littel help from my friends" and then Joe hit the chords sounding just like he did in 69. Something that I"ll never forget. Lucky that it's something that I remember. Jack Daniels stock spiked up considerably that weekend.
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

BAL wrote:The New York state thruway's closed man.... I was 11 in 69 so couldn't make that one, but did get to Woodstock 94. It was surreal when Joe Cocker came out and you heard the opening bars to "With a littel help from my friends" and then Joe hit the chords sounding just like he did in 69. Something that I"ll never forget. Lucky that it's something that I remember. Jack Daniels stock spiked up considerably that weekend.
Yeah, I never even got close in 69. I was 22 and my then girlfriend used to live in the Adirondacks so we were pretty used to zipping up and down the thruway but not that day. We were heading downstate and the traffic was backed up pretty much to Albany. Turned around and spent the day in Lake George.

Somehow I don't think anything like Woodstock could be pulled off these days without there being some major violence.
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

jackknifeh wrote:My concerts were at the Capital Center in MA or Richmond VA. The security was pretty intense back then. They searched you as you went in and if you didn't have at least a pint of whiskey they wouldn't let you in. :D That was the minimum. The rock-n-roll standards were pretty high back then. :D My son did the same in music taste and learned to play guitar. He got pretty good and if he kept the distortion down I thought the metal sounded better because the music was clearer. It was funny because even though the difference in music style wasn't as different as the style I liked compared to my father's taste I still found myself saying some of the same things to my son that my father said to me. :confused:

Jack
Funny how different parts of the country handled things. No way we could have brought in alcohol at The Garden and the Filmore was about as bad. Yet, security tended to look the other way if people lit up.

I have my preferences musically and can enjoy most any style with one exception......rap. I didn't like disco a bit but enjoyed Saturday Night Fever (filmed mostly in my old neighborhood in Brooklyn) and at least you could dance to it, but I just don't get the entire rap thing.
Switchback

Post by Switchback »

Last night I saw Judas Priest and Black Label Society live in concert.

What a show! They both rocked but Judas Priest was absolutely amazing.

Unbefrigginlievable!!
Rick T.

Post by 1623 »

Been spinning Primus quite a bit these days.

I almost forgot how completely insane, yet immensely talented that band is, in any iteration :)
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

THE COLD WAR KIDS - an amazing band who just so happens to be Christian.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

redyps04 wrote:THE COLD WAR KIDS - an amazing band who just so happens to be Christian.
Love their song Hang Me Up To Dry.

I've been recently playing Florence + the Machine's new album, Ceremonials. Can't believe I hadn't ever listened to them before this album.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Animals As Leaders - Weightless

Saw them live in the 12th, haven't stopped listening to this album since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkLZVs6D5os
All SE all the time since 2017
~David

Post by 1623 »

Evil D wrote:Animals As Leaders - Weightless

Saw them live in the 12th, haven't stopped listening to this album since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkLZVs6D5os
I just listened to "Odessa" on You Tube; pretty cool s#*t.

If Satriani joined Dillinger Escape Plan, I think it might sound a bit like that :)
-Jodi

Post by 1623 »

Not a raging fan of these dudes, but this tune is killer and the vid is quite entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRKRFjm-HA
-Jodi

Post by 1623 »

Have a grimy, slinky Christmas courtesy of the great Ray Charles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAPvi9Oe29A
-Jodi

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The cure is blasting for me now. :D
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Winding the day down here in So Cali with a little Theivery Corporation...
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

dcmartin2001 wrote:Winding the day down here in So Cali with a little Theivery Corporation...
Haven't listened to them in ages!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Tonight i'm sharpening my Para 2 and listening to Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect. Superrrrb album.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Chevelle - Face to the floor, while pre-ordering an m390 para2.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

Deep Purple ,Tommy Bolin and James Gang ... :spyder:
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »