Jackie the free guard dog

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tacticooledc

Jackie the free guard dog

Post by tacticooledc »

Looks like I just got a free guard dog for my house. We have this small female black lab coming around our house couple times a week and she just sorta sits there looking at a window till I bring it out some canned whatever-i-have-in-stock.

In exchange, she sleeps on our patch of grass in front of the house for the night, acting as a free guard dog. I'm thinking of making a doghouse for her for the outside, can't take her in cuz we have a 30lb cat she would feast on.

Oh, and I named her Jackie. Just thought I'd share this tale with you all
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Great story, post a pic!
I can't remember the last time i actually paid for a dog. They just kind of find their way to my porch or are given to me. So far 3 Pits, a coonhound, a Rhodesian, all in the last 10 years or so. I only have the 1 fem Pitbull very gentle dog.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Yea, I think Jackie needs a house, winter wil be coming in soon. We'd love to see pics. On my list of favorite things, Dogs rank up there with Spyderco's, and way above people.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Haven't met a dog I didn't get along with. Even ones that people say are 'aggressive' or 'doesn't like strangers' will usually sit still for a scratch.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.

Post by 1623 »

Things like this happen for a reason tactic.

My wife and I volunteered for a Greyhound rescue organization for five years after we adopted our sweet boy from them.

On quite a few occasions over the next ten years, at each of the homes that we have lived in, dogs (including three Greyhounds) seemed to find their way to us, almost like they knew we'd take care of them.

All had homes already but had gotten out and were free roaming. Sure, as friends of animals we were a bit more aware of wandering critters, but except for one instance, they all found us.

There's a purpose for Jackie being with you; don't ignore the karmic gesture ;)
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

good for you-a few brownie points from karma never hurt-

dogs are great judges of character
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Theres nothing like helping a hungry animal and seeing how thankful they are. I had this tomcat that used to come on my patio years ago. He was terrible looking, old and diseased looking and his ears were nubs from so many fights and his face was all scarred up. He didnt look like he had much life left. I would give him cans of tuna but he was real shy and it took a long time to earn his trust. Eventually he would lay on the patio and stopped running when i came to the door. One day i got some rubber gloves and pet him, i wasnt going to touch him care handed. He was skiddish at first but he seemed to like it. One day he stopped coming for tuna so i guess his time ran out.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BAL

Post by BAL »

Evil D wrote:Theres nothing like helping a hungry animal and seeing how thankful they are. I had this tomcat that used to come on my patio years ago. He was terrible looking, old and diseased looking and his ears were nubs from so many fights and his face was all scarred up. He didnt look like he had much life left. I would give him cans of tuna but he was real shy and it took a long time to earn his trust. Eventually he would lay on the patio and stopped running when i came to the door. One day i got some rubber gloves and pet him, i wasnt going to touch him care handed. He was skiddish at first but he seemed to like it. One day he stopped coming for tuna so i guess his time ran out.
Great story.