9/11. Anything to say?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

10 years ago from this distant land I woke to unspeakable sights. Even from the other side of the world I can tell you that many, if not all, Australians felt the pain, the helplessness and the anger for all our American friends and family. I can also say how proud Australians were of the way everyone rallied together at the site and throughout the country. Our emergency services and defence forces here especially has the utmost respect for those who gave up their lives to save many more who would've otherwise ended up worse.

It was the day that changed the world in so many ways. It also brought together many people of different nationalities, creed and colour.

I have said it elsewhere and will say it again here. There is enough hate and distrust in this world today without everyone adding their anger to the melting pot. We should always be nice to each other and think well of our neighbours.

Rest In Peace. May God look after those who have fallen and those left behind. Lest we forget.

For the rest of the world: be nice to each other, we never know when our last hour will be.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
BAL

Post by BAL »

My feelings exactly.
BAL

Post by BAL »

The Deacon wrote:My thoughts go out to the families of the victims, to the survivors and their families, the responders and those who worked to clean up the site. Beyond that, my thoughts on 9/11 are far too dark to post on this forum.
My feelings exactly.
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

I thought I posted here yesterday but didn't so ;

Ten years ago and it feels like it was just yesterday.

We still feel the sorrow for those who died that day and for those Loved Ones they left behind :(

We still feel the anger for those scum that carried it out , planned it , and those who danced in the streets with joy at hearing of it :mad:

And we still feel the PRIDE for those who tried to stop it , those who helped victims that day , and maybe most of all -- those who have died and those who are still seeking justice and VENGEANCE for us all.

Osama Bin Laden did NOT get to gloat today ---- THANK YOU America's Fathers , Sons , Mothers , and Daugthers who helped make it so.

America Will NEVER FORGET.
wongKI

Post by wongKI »

(Not American)

Terrorists win if they sow terror. Don't let them.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Words fail.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Pinetreebbs

The 9/11 Revolver: A Treasure Beyond Compare

Post by Pinetreebbs »

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mlaGc2huCJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

An ordinary stainless steel revolver was carried by New York police officer Walter Weaver into the World Trade Center as he risked his life to save others on September 11, 2001. He never made it out that day, but his revolver was later recovered from the ashes. Officer Weaver's family donated the gun to the NRA National Firearms Museum, where it now holds a place of honor as a reminder of the law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line daily. It's an ordinary firearm that stands as a symbol of extraordinary bravery.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.