Happy or Sad or Both in USA

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Boberama

Post by Boberama »

A homeless guy asked me for bus money and I gave him enough to get to his destination.

An hour later I saw him asking people for bus money.

I learned my lesson. If a guy on the street wants money from me he'd better be playing an instrument or juggling something.
JD Spydo

Be careful who you help

Post by JD Spydo »

Boberama wrote:A homeless guy asked me for bus money and I gave him enough to get to his destination.

An hour later I saw him asking people for bus money.

I learned my lesson. If a guy on the street wants money from me he'd better be playing an instrument or juggling something.
We just give them bus passes>> we learned a long time ago you never give them money or anything that they can convert into money easily. I guess when you grow up with a middle or upper middle class suburbs it's hard to conceive of how these street people live. It's truly a living **** for many of these people but yet they seem to have no motivation to change anything.

I truly believe that many of these people would sell their soul for more cigarettes :mad:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Boberama

Post by Boberama »

JD Spydo wrote:We just give them bus passes>> we learned a long time ago you never give them money or anything that they can convert into money easily. I guess when you grow up with a middle or upper middle class suburbs it's hard to conceive of how these street people live. It's truly a living **** for many of these people but yet they seem to have no motivation to change anything.

I truly believe that many of these people would sell their soul for more cigarettes :mad:
I don't like how I see a lot of able-bodied young men in their early 20s begging for money. These guys could get a job in construction or manual labor. They could do agricultural work.

For some people it's more of a lifestyle choice, simple laziness and bad choices.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
JD Spydo

Herd Animals

Post by JD Spydo »

Boberama wrote:I don't like how I see a lot of able-bodied young men in their early 20s begging for money. These guys could get a job in construction or manual labor. They could do agricultural work.

For some people it's more of a lifestyle choice, simple laziness and bad choices.
I totally agree with everything you said. We now have girls that are barely 15 out here on the Avenue hooking :( A big common denominator is either Crack or Meth. It seems like virtually every street hustler is on one or the other.

But then again the job market here in KC is really bad at this time. Not making excuses for anyone because I certainly was able to find work but some people just plain give up and become street trash. It seems like most people in this area of town are on food stamps and free government money. And most of them trade their food stamps for cigarettes and booze :mad:

We are hooked up to the state's computer system and if they are on food stamps we don't give them anything. But it's mind blowing how many people are living on the streets. They are almost like herd animals here in northeast Kansas City.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I am sad at the nanny state that the US has become and that there are plp that think they should be given a free ride..
I am in no way rich and barely fall into the middle class classification but I do believe that if you work hard for your money, or just work ( nO mater how much you make) then you should be able to spend it how you please.. I do give to charity but don't believe in tacking someone's money just because they have more than me.
Sorry for the rant
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

My major concern is all of the money being consolidated so that it may be used in our political system to keep the little guy like gunnut or myself from ever having a true voice at any of the legislative tables.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy