Hi my name is Martin and i'm a knifeaholic..

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dcmartin2001

Hi my name is Martin and i'm a knifeaholic..

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Have you ever obsessed about a blade so much that you just had to hunt it down and have it THAT day??
This is my story... Today on National Knife Day, my obsession with the Sebenza 21 reached its peak. I had to at least handle one to see what all of the fuss was about. I found a shop about 50 miles away that has both the Lg and Sm in stock. I had no intention of actually walking out with one, I was going to put it on layaway and maybe pick it up on a couple of weeks. That theory flew right out the window after i actually got my grubby little paws on one.... oh boy :-/ I must have been paralyzed with indecision for about an hour. The clerk helping me was great.... He personally carried no less than 3 Sebenzas and one other (a custom blade) on his person. I'm glad he was helping me... After much deliberation i decided on the Small Sebenza, I figured i'll just carry it more because of its size. I can't believe i left work early, drove 50 miles and walked out with something i had no intention of walking out with :eek: I'm glad i did..... This National Knife Day rocked!

I would love to hear some stories on how or what you did for that one blade you just had to have! Let me know i'm not the only one with this sickness :p

-Martin

P.S. sorry for the crappy pic quality but i shot these on the fly with my iPhone.

DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Im right there with you brother! Im in a feverish mood for a small sebenza, this thread does not help!
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

The knife that I lusted for and had to hunt patiently for was the discontinued Caly 3 VG10/G10. I knew it would be just what I wanted and I absolutely had to have it. Once I found one on BF, I pounced - paying a little more than I really wanted to.

When I finally got it in hand, I knew the drive to get one was worth it. It's been my EDC for nearly a year now. It'll be sharing pocket time with it's bigger brother - the Caly 3.5 in Super Blue. :D
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

Sounds like you went to Plaza Cutlery?
:spyder:
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
moneydeal12

Post by moneydeal12 »

Seems that u r a real admirer of Spyderco knives. But be careful.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hello Martin, We are all Knifeaholics, some just haven't admitted it yet. That is the first step.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

dcmartin2001 wrote: I must have been paralyzed with indecision for about an hour. The clerk helping me was great.... He personally carried no less than 3 Sebenzas and one other (a custom blade) on his person.
Martin,
If you are a knifeaholic, than you are in the right place. :)
Congrats on you new knife. I had something similar few years ago with original folding Lum Tanto. The only difference that the clerk in my case didn't carry any knife and didn't know what is G10 or VG10, but he was a nice guy. And I came home with my Folding Lum Tanto.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Know the feeling dc!....cept for me it's more of a frenzy :eek: ....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

BAL wrote:Hello Martin, We are all Knifeaholics, some just haven't admitted it yet. That is the first step.
I can quit anytime I want to. :rolleyes:

One day I may want to. :D

Jack
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah, when i pulled the trigger on my Para 1, i drove 40 miles to the knife shop and had the owner on the phone begging him not to close the store so i could get it. He let me in after hours to buy it lol. I'm sure he knows the feeling and/or has dealt with guys like us many times.

But, honestly i'm like that with pretty much anything i set my mind on that i want. I can be patient, but if i can make it happen today, screw patience lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Quilty as sin :o :eek: :D
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

DC Designs: Im right there with you brother! Im in a feverish mood for a small sebenza, this thread does not help!

Hahahaha, you are doomed mi compadre! Abandon all hope! But you won't regret it, that's for sure. Worst case scenario you can resell it for what you paid :D
D1omedes: When I finally got it in hand, I knew the drive to get one was worth it.
Bravo sir! & Congrats!
Fishstalker: Sounds like you went to Plaza Cutlery
Ding Ding Ding! Winner winner chicken dinner! How the heck did you figure that out? I don't think i have my location visible.....thats some good detective work
MoneyDeal12: Seems that u r a real admirer of Spyderco knives.

I am quite fond of ALL of my Spydies! Most of which are rarer models i don't carry very often. I have become somewhat of admirer of the "Aesthetic" of each blade.
Bal: We are all Knifeaholics, some just haven't admitted it yet. That is the first step.

Thanks Bal! Glad to know i'm not alone :D
bh49: The only difference that the clerk in my case didn't carry any knife and didn't know what is G10 or VG10, but he was a nice guy. And I came home with my Folding Lum Tanto.

It's funny (or possibly not) when you know more than the sales clerk trying to help you. By the time i got there I was pretty trivia'd out on the whole CRK line... for me the icing on the cake was the clerk having 3 Sebbies on his person. Congrats on the Lum!
Dr. Snubnose: Know the feeling dc!....cept for me it's more of a frenzy....Doc
Doc, after seeing what you EDC......I need to make sure I'm never "danger close" when you go into frenzy mode :D
Jackknifeh: I can quit anytime I want to.

One day I may want to.
Ya! me too!
BAL

Post by BAL »

jackknifeh wrote:I can quit anytime I want to. :rolleyes:

One day I may want to. :D

Jack
Actually I am just a social knife carrier, I hardly ever carry at home. it's not like I have a Military hidden under my mattress.
jackburton9807

Post by jackburton9807 »

Marty,
I have just founded a support group for sad souls like you. Send me your blades and we'll get you on the road to recovery.

Nice Yojimbo.

Jeff
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

dcmartin2001 wrote:The clerk helping me was great.... He personally carried no less than 3 Sebenzas and one other (a custom blade) on his person.
That was the tell. He's helped me too. He's very knowledgeable and not the least bit pushy. ;)
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE