lol at this ebayer with the muleteam s90v

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Popsickle

lol at this ebayer with the muleteam s90v

Post by Popsickle »

its labeled as USED yet he proceeds to says its never been used..... it looks like someone batoned the **** out of it LOL
http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-Muleteem-c ... 3cb9ebfb6e
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The picture looks like they have used Microsoft paint to colour in hte background and around the knife is poorly done giving it a ragged look...but other than that the knife looks pretty clean. I have seen a few people list a Mule as used because it has had scales put on.

Mind you the seller can't spell and only has 80% positive feedback...so you never know.
On the hunt for...
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote: Mind you the seller can't spell and only has 80% positive feedback...so you never know.
exactley
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Major turn offs for me are when people are too lazy to take their own pictures, or in like this case, take a decant picture (or a few of them). It looks like he tried to cut something out that was above the knife in the picture. Why not just take another picture? Even when I sell "cheaper" stuff I always make sure there are a good number of pictures.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

ugly sheath..
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
DeathBySnooSnoo

Of course for that price...it might be worth asking for other pictures. Paypal and ebay will cover the buyer if the item isn't as described or as seen in pictures.
On the hunt for...
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Wow, that's the worst use of Adobe's Clone Stamp I've seen in some time. Like another user just said, I hate when a seller can't supply their own pictures.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

FWIW, eBay only allows sellers two options, NEW and USED. Describing something as NEW puts New places "A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items)." in the listing. The unopened part, coupled with eBay's return policy, makes some sellers list "NIB" knives as used.

While that's probably the case here, and the photo is most likely just a bad retouch job, I'd still pass on this knife. I'm leery about dealing with anyone whose eBay name includes the word "pawn", and twice as leery about dealing with anyone with an 80% feedback score. The two together just scream "DANGER WILL ROBINSON!".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I just looked at all the items that they have listed and they all look legit to me.
I even looks at all his feedback and the one neg feedback he has looks bogas to me.
He might be terrible at photo shop but i think everything else is legit.
I don't know this seller and just wanted to give my ophion....
DeathBySnooSnoo

To get an S90V mule it might be worth the risk...I probably would email asking for more pics and then take the chance...if he was shipping to Canada that is.
On the hunt for...
Donut

Post by Donut »

From what I read, he says it was used by the previous owner and he has never used it, only displayed it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

THE PUNISHER wrote:ugly sheath..
Punisher, you need to quit beating around the bush. :D Say what you mean. :D :D

Jack
DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Of course for that price...it might be worth asking for other pictures. Paypal and ebay will cover the buyer if the item isn't as described or as seen in pictures.
For the price I thought the same thing. If I had a mule I would use it hard if I needed to. So, if the price was right I wouldn't mind some scratches and stuff since I'd be just adding to them. Plus, if I put handles on the Mule it would be ok but not a professional looking job so appearance wouldn't be of main concern.

Jack
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Whatever we think or don't think...used, unused, use by one person but not the other...displayed only....bad pic.....suck job on photoshop....pawn broker username....80% feedback....bottom line is people are bidding on it....then again we don't know if that's legit either......Doc :confused:
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
DeathBySnooSnoo

Well someone really wants it...over $150 now with over a day to go still.
On the hunt for...
insaneinmate

Post by insaneinmate »

Looks to me like they have something propping the blade up by the spydie hole. I don't think its photo shop jacked.
:spyder: Spydies: Orange Manix 2, Digicam Para 2, Foliage Green FRN Delica 4

:spyder: Want List: Starmate!