EDC POCKET CHECK! empty out your pockets and what you carry, lets see em

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Donut wrote:The thing I circled in red is a push dagger? That is one funny looking push dagger.

Could be wrong but it looks like a pocket holster for his mini revolver.
A.D.D.i.c.t.

today's pocket dump

Post by A.D.D.i.c.t. »

IMG_20110708_190242 by A.D.D.i.c.t., on Flickr

Pretty standard edc today, only thing that changes much is the knife. Today it was another day at the office so that included:
Saddleback leather: narrow wallet(tobacco), and simple wallet(dark coffee)
4sevens quark mini 123 w/ neutral white led.
Pulsar chronograph
Hanky and backup
Leatherman squirt ps4 early torx edition
Field tweezers, Zebra f-301 compact w/ electrical tape wrap.
Moleskine volant doubling as chewing gum retaining device
Zebra F-701 w/ 402 mod. All stainless.

:spyder: Oh and my ZDP D'fly 2! :spyder:
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

From what I remember Doc said he's a martial arts instructor so he has all of those for demonstration, and I think I recall him saying having the right tool for the job, but for everyday carry? Doc, do you take a segway everywhere you go or something? All that stuff must really weigh you down :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Donut: Yes that's a pocket Holster for the NAA Mini Mag .22magnum....

Tacti: I'm a Defensive Tactics Instructor for Law Enforcement Officers....I carry that and on some days more than that to show my guys all the possibilities for concealment...to keep them safer from the Bad Guys on the streets, to keep them informed and aware so they can get home to their families safe and sound every day and night. I train them in weapons disarming, weapons retention, speed cuffing, suspect control and restraint, take downs, body searches and firearms training. Yes it does weigh me down a bit....but think of the baseball players in the on deck batters box with a weighted donut on his bat while he practices in the box it's heavy...when he is up at bat his bat feels like a toothpick...making him quicker, faster and in my case more deadly.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Dr. Snubnose

A word on concealed carry...

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

It's a joke but it hits home for me...

A Florida State trooper pulled over a pick-up truck owner for a faulty taillight. When the officer approached the driver, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver’s license, insurance card and a concealed weapon carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said. "Mr.
Smith, I see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons with you?"

The driver replied, " Yes sir first off I'm carrying a few fixed blade knives and a coupe of folding knives clipped to my pockets and a bowie knife in my boot"

"I have a .357 handgun in a hip holster on my right hip and another on my left hip , a .45 in the glove box and a .22 derringer in my other boot."

The officer looked at the driver and asked, "Anything else?"

"Yes sir, I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 behind the seat."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range
and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked into the driver's face and said "Mr. Smith, you're carrying quite a few guns and knives.
May I ask what you are afraid of?

Mr. Smith locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered,

"Not a freaking thing!"
Doc :p :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

lol
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Doc, it's true weight training is great but if you say you carry all that every day, you're still gonna be heavy when you will need that extra lightweight mobility (knife fights are determined with mobility as a major part from what I know)

...Unless you have a method for dropping all of your equipment at once in seconds... :confused:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Tacti: After 55 years of training this way and the level of skill I have achieved....and the experience I have had on the streets and the fact that I have survived....I'd say whatever I have done in the passed has worked for me, cause I'm still here to make this post...so If I were you I wouldn't lose a night of sleep worrying about my ability to take care of myself...OK.....Doc :D
My only question to you would be how many fights have you been in that involved a knife or someone shooting a firearm at you?......If you say that has happened on more than several occasions, then just maybe I have something to learn from you.....No disrespect meant knifebro, but I have been there and back and have seen and done more than most when it comes to surviving lethal encounters.....I know what works and what doesn't work in real life situations...I hope, God forbid if you were ever to find yourself in any of the situations I have experienced in the past, that you know what will work for you.....God Bless and Be safe......Doc :)

Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I think the guy knows what he's doing.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Freediver wrote:I think the guy knows what he's doing.
Very nicely understated. :D
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Very nicely understated. :D
Haha... well what I meant by that was "no need to question... he is a pro".
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Have a hot rod Ruger 10-22 and a double barreled shotgun but I never felt the need for a handgun myself. I like knives though :)
Attachments
pockets.jpg
pockets.jpg (101.07 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Freediver wrote:Haha... well what I meant by that was "no need to question... he is a pro".
Yep, gotcha.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Maybe he hands everyone he is fighting a knife before they start. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

Well, this makes it justifiable to shoot the bugger with one of my guns then, doesnt it?

Just kidding. Fighting isnt about being fair, it about winning, thats whats all about.
Si vis pacem parabellum
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Donut wrote:Maybe he hands everyone he is fighting a knife before they start. :)
Naw.....Then I have to have some Cold Steel folders in my edc.....but it's a thought....Doc :p

tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Tacti: After 55 years of training this way and the level of skill I have achieved....and the experience I have had on the streets and the fact that I have survived....I'd say whatever I have done in the passed has worked for me, cause I'm still here to make this post...so If I were you I wouldn't lose a night of sleep worrying about my ability to take care of myself...OK.....Doc :D
My only question to you would be how many fights have you been in that involved a knife or someone shooting a firearm at you?......If you say that has happened on more than several occasions, then just maybe I have something to learn from you.....No disrespect meant knifebro, but I have been there and back and have seen and done more than most when it comes to surviving lethal encounters.....I know what works and what doesn't work in real life situations...I hope, God forbid if you were ever to find yourself in any of the situations I have experienced in the past, that you know what will work for you.....God Bless and Be safe......Doc :)
Doc don't misunderstand me! I'm just trying to figure out how your whole setup works! I respect all those years of experience and knowledge you have, I'm just trying to make sense of it all in several minutes of reading through your post :p

Again, no disrespect meant- I'm just probing your brain with possible answers to how you would go about using everything to your advantage so I could know for myself :D
gac

Post by gac »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:No disrespect meant knifebro, but I have been there and back and have seen and done more than most when it comes to surviving lethal encounters.....I know what works and what doesn't work in real life situations...I hope, God forbid if you were ever to find yourself in any of the situations I have experienced in the past, that you know what will work for you.....Doc :)
What about screaming and crying? I'm pretty good at that.
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

gac wrote:What about screaming and crying? I'm pretty good at that.
That works for me...
I am a little guy so i just jump on their head, chew on their ears and scream like a little girl. The screech i let out is enough to scare off anyone..
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

tacticooledc wrote:Doc don't misunderstand me! I'm just trying to figure out how your whole setup works! I respect all those years of experience and knowledge you have, I'm just trying to make sense of it all in several minutes of reading through your post :p

Again, no disrespect meant- I'm just probing your brain with possible answers to how you would go about using everything to your advantage so I could know for myself :D
OK let me give you one situation for example why carrying one knife (for arguments sake) on your strong side right pocket clipped to your pants, could be a determent in a SD situation. Let's say for example you suddenly are attacked and your opponent has you pinned to a wall sideways trapping your right arm between your body and the wall. Now you no longer have the ability to draw your right pocketed knife...ut oh....by having other knives to access on different parts of your body that can be reached from different positions, depending on where your body is at any given time during an attack or where your body ends up during an attack could be a life safer....I can think of 20 more reasons to carry multiple weapons, but time does not permit me to write them all down....That should keep you thinking for a little while at least....Doc :D
Example #2) When I received training as a US Special Agent and training for being a Law Enforcement Agent Firearms Instructor, I was trained by the Chief Firearms Instructor for the Federal Agency for Protective Services, (in layman's terms The Secret Service). I'll never forget his declaration to me, he said, "If you have a real need to carry a firearm, then you have a real need to carry two." Point being (and I know you were being cute by asking if I expect my blades to break on each thrust), but the fact really exists that all Firearms and Folding Knives for example, are nothing more than mechanical devices which can always be subject to failure. If your lock on your Spyderco Para-Military should fail when SHTF...what are you left with, maybe at best a Kubotan....If your Glock 9mm gets a defective round stuck in the chamber....you can't just shoot it out to clear the jam...if you do your gun will blow up in your face...if a bullet is lodged in the barrel and you don't have the time or equipment like a de-jammer to clear the obstruction...what are you left with, a Piece of Plastic to strike with at contact distance....not a good thing to have when the other guys bullets are zipping past your head. The more equipment you have with you to deal with a certain type of situation, the better your chances are of surviving if the equipment fails. Think of it this way a carpenter, mechanic etc. doesn't have just one tool in his tool box, how can anyone fix everything with just one tool. If they are good at their trade, when you look in their tool box, not only will you see different tools, but you will see redundancy (as you call it) There won't be one screwdriver, but several, and maybe several different types, with several different functions, or the same screwdriver in different lengths or with different grip style....I hope you getting what I'm trying to say here......Doc :D