Meat tests-Mark Goldsworthy's Custom Pakals

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Goldsworthy

Post by Goldsworthy »

DaBird wrote:First off --- WELCOME Mark to the forum !!!

After reading Doc's review and getting contact info etc. -- I am very pleased to say that I just sent you a 2nd email stateing that I'd like you to make me one of your AWESOME Kwi Kwa Ju with , hopefully , just a few custom touches that I'd like done.

Thanks to both you AND Dr. S !!!!!
Thanks!!!

Aren't phones great? I'm typing this from my camper in the middle of the woods during a thunderstorm!!!

Anyways, I'll check my e-mails (with my phone!!!) And get back to you ASAP! I'll be back in civilisation on Wednesday.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

DaBird wrote:First off --- WELCOME Mark to the forum !!!

After reading Doc's review and getting contact info etc. -- I am very pleased to say that I just sent you a 2nd email stateing that I'd like you to make me one of your AWESOME Kwi Kwa Ju with , hopefully , just a few custom touches that I'd like done.

Thanks to both you AND Dr. S !!!!!
You are very welcome DaBird, I know you won't be disappointed with a Kwi Kwa Ju in Hand.....Like you said simply....AWESOME . Hope you guys can work out the details.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

These Pakal Knives are something else....The more I train with them the more in awe of them I am....I have become comfortable with them.... enough to speed up my drills,, so fast all you see in the mirror is the flash of steel trailing in air. As you can tell the Novocaine has yet to wear off....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Doc I so know what you mean......coming to terms with the effectiveness of the blade design. Awwww inspiring to say the least.......its just different. So simple yet so dynamic.......Doc, did you ever think going backwards would move you forward?haha :p
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Mark sent me a updated drawing today -- We are getting close !!!!!!
I get this Kwi Kwa Ju and there may be some Ronins etc. for sale soon -- :eek: :D :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

stonyman wrote:Doc I so know what you mean......coming to terms with the effectiveness of the blade design. Awwww inspiring to say the least.......its just different. So simple yet so dynamic.......Doc, did you ever think going backwards would move you forward?haha :p
Very eloquently said knifebro....that's is exactly what I was trying to say...On a side note I might start doing everything backwards from here on in....: ;) Cod :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

DaBird wrote:Mark sent me a updated drawing today -- We are getting close !!!!!!
I get this Kwi Kwa Ju and there may be some Ronins etc. for sale soon -- :eek: :D :D
I know bro...I'm not selling my Ronins as of yet....but I do look at it sitting there in the draw all lonesome....I can't help to look at it and say awwwww......I will probably use it for outer coat pocket carry this winter....but the Kwi Kwa Ju has knocked it out of the box and the Ronin won't find any more time in the edc rotation, at least around the waist....Sad but true...It feels like an old friend has died....but I also feel like a new one has been born....Doc :( :D
Glad you are making progress with Mark!....It is worth the time and energy you are putting in....Doc :)

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Mark sent me some pics of my finished knife. It's looking pretty good!

[img][IMG]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3251 ... stompa.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Persian Pakal!!!....Really SWEET!!!!.....Doc :D

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Persian Pakal!!!....Really SWEET!!!!.....Doc :D
Oh yeh, that's what Mark called the design. :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

That's what it looks like...then that's what I'd call it.... Very nice...they come through better looking than Mark's photographic skills will permit.... I think your gonna love the look and colors of that G-10...Doc :D

DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Got my order in with Mark -- another month or two and IT'S ALL MINE :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

DaBird wrote:Got my order in with Mark -- another month or two and IT'S ALL MINE :D
So what are you getting???? Details!!!!....I have another coming in a couple of months as well....( The Mother of all Kwi Kwa Ju's Pakals)....Doc :D :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I am most definitely pumped about this new one!!!!....Doc :D :D :D

stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Doc you went Super-size?!!!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

stonyman wrote:Doc you went Super-size?!!!
Even better....I went fancy pants.....Super size :eek: Maybe next time....LOL...Doc :D

DaBird

Post by DaBird »

Ok Doc --- I'll show you mine IF you show me yours :eek:
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

OK --- here it is -- a 3 1/2" cutting edge , double edged , bit of jimping for when held in Saber Grip and the "skull crusher" doubles as a thumb cap when in P'kal Grip ------- I CAN NOT WAIT !!!

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

DaBird wrote:OK --- here it is -- a 3 1/2" cutting edge , double edged , bit of jimping for when held in Saber Grip and the "skull crusher" doubles as a thumb cap when in P'kal Grip ------- I CAN NOT WAIT !!!

Oh what a sweet looking Knife!....Love the grinds....So what steel are you using and what handle material? Inquiring minds want to know!....Doc :D

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I love this thread. Awesome knives and awesome designs.