Any Archers out there ???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
razorsharp

Any Archers out there ???

Post by razorsharp »

Hey

Who here does archery. What sort of bow do you have and use?, pics would be awesome :D . What type of setup do you have?. Maybe show a picture of your best grouping on a target, or one of your kills when out hunting.

I use a 38lbs recurve from Yamaha, Its the local clubs bow, but they let me take it home to train for archery comps and nationals. Don't have a pic.

I'm about to buy 8 carbon fiber arrows, a new better tab, a new quiver and a bow stand :D
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

I have been shooting for some time, long ago.
Got a Samick SMT9 recurve.
Shot if first with 32 lbs. and later with 38 lbs. limbs.
I earned myself a 1000 star on a FITA round, 1009 points.

Wonderful sport, it takes devotion and a lot time but it's beautiful.
Enjoy it.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
dmon

Post by dmon »

Hey there!
Archery is great fun. I shoot compounds now, but one day will get myself a recurve.
I shoot Mathews Reezen 6.5/#70, with DownForce rest, Deadzone stop and Extreme sight. After a little accident when arrow blew up in bow, I moved to Jull Metal Jackets arrows. Those are heavy bastards for 3D and paper-hunting, but I am rather happier to have this problem. :)
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

dmon wrote:Hey there!
Archery is great fun. I shoot compounds now, but one day will get myself a recurve.
I shoot Mathews Reezen 6.5/#70, with DownForce rest, Deadzone stop and Extreme sight. After a little accident when arrow blew up in bow, I moved to Jull Metal Jackets arrows. Those are heavy bastards for 3D and paper-hunting, but I am rather happier to have this problem. :)
hope they weren't carbon arrows :eek:
dmon

Post by dmon »

razorsharp wrote:hope they weren't carbon arrows :eek:
The one that snapped was carbon, but to all fairness, it was really my own mistake. We were out shooting one day and had a friend with us who has never shot a bow before. He shot mine since we are almost same height, but he had trouble pulling and aiming the bow. Guess he missed one shot pretty bad hitting something solid which caused microcrack. And i didn't notice that, nor checked/flexed arrows he was shooting. :)
About two months later when i could shoot bow again i paid a visit to local shop and got myself a dozen of FMJs :)

Carbons are good arrows, just remember to flex them.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

I've got an Ipe/Bamboo longbow that pulls ~45lbs...
—Daniel Jackson
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

dmon wrote:The one that snapped was carbon, but to all fairness, it was really my own mistake. We were out shooting one day and had a friend with us who has never shot a bow before. He shot mine since we are almost same height, but he had trouble pulling and aiming the bow. Guess he missed one shot pretty bad hitting something solid which caused microcrack. And i didn't notice that, nor checked/flexed arrows he was shooting. :)
About two months later when i could shoot bow again i paid a visit to local shop and got myself a dozen of FMJs :)

Carbons are good arrows, just remember to flex them.

Ive used aluminium arrows for the last few years, carbons a few times but i'm going for lighter carbon arrows, the only downside i see to them is, if you get a splinter in your finger or thumb, your gonna have to use your spidie for finger surgery lol,
dmon

Post by dmon »

razorsharp wrote:Ive used aluminium arrows for the last few years, carbons a few times but i'm going for lighter carbon arrows, the only downside i see to them is, if you get a splinter in your finger or thumb, your gonna have to use your spidie for finger surgery lol,
LOL. Hopefully you will not need that.
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

Sometimes I'm happier with my 70m shooting than others.