War photograhs tell the story behind some of their pictures....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
psimonl

War photograhs tell the story behind some of their pictures....

Post by psimonl »

Title says it all....

Very moving.... Not only are they putting their life at risk to show us what is really happening in the world, but the show us what mankind really is capable of...

Simon

Ps.: Some of these pictures are really disturbing... Be aware

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/interac ... nteractive
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
BAL

Post by BAL »

Wow.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Intense...very intense...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Seeing things like that makes me grateful for where I live.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Jimd wrote:Seeing things like that makes me grateful for where I live.
+1
the same goes for family and friends
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I think the pic that affected me most was the one with three AK-47-toting dudes who just murdered the three people who were lying face down on the ground.

I know it happens every day, but I simply cannot fathom how some people can do that to others in such a cold-blooded, ghoulish fashion.

They're helpless civilians.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I think I was most effected by the shot of the man armed with a machete, swinging it into the skull of the man who was already engulfed in a ball of flames on fire.....One can never begin to explain the cruelty and brutality that exists within certain people in this world.....Doc :(
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

Some shocking images.
I am glad that there are Photographers willing to put their lives in danger to get these images out so the world can see what is really happening in War Zones.

I think the photo that affected me the most is Joao Silva's of the Marines after he was hit by a landmine, He was badly injured, lost his legs, and still picked up his Cameras and got to work.
power is nothing without control
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Wow! Just Wow!!! Those are some fantastic images..... Photojournalism is definitely an adrenalin sport. At the same time you get to share with the world some of the most intimate moments in that subjects life.... IMHO the sharing of these moments are a story that needs to be told......Photographs like these are extremely powerful in bringing awareness... In the very least I am grateful that I am very sheltered from actual events such as these.....
-Martin
erata

Post by erata »

Jimd wrote:Seeing things like that makes me grateful for where I live.
same is true for me. you get an impression of how horrible war really is. i wonder if people who play world of tanks or dd tank realize this. always gives me a weird feeling to see those war games.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Living in a nice, safe suburb, I often lose sight of how cruel and randomly violent other parts of the world are. Thanks for posting this psimonl...

TedP