Vancouver Riots

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
2cha

Vancouver Riots

Post by 2cha »

Great photography. http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16 ... vers-loss/

I don't get it--whence the rage? I say most participants don't look like they're going hungry or losing their jobs. Greece? Yeah, maybe I could understand "a little" anger at government, but this is ridiculous,...

But great photos,...
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

hey at least i won a bet with a buddy-he gets the privilege of cutting my lawn 4 times this summer-
jossta

Post by jossta »

That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. If someone burned my car b/c of a hockey game, they'd better hope I never find them.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's extremely sad.

The riot mindset is sick and really shows how detached people can become from civilization. I heard of the violence, stabbings, destruction, etc.

To be so frank I personally believe if you choose to step away from society you should be treated in the same way as a rabid animal.

Apologies in advance for the harsh comparison.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Blerv wrote:It's extremely sad.

The riot mindset is sick and really shows how detached people can become from civilization. I heard of the violence, stabbings, destruction, etc.

To be so frank I personally believe if you choose to step away from society you should be treated in the same way as a rabid animal.

Apologies in advance for the harsh comparison.
That was wayyyy too serious. Sorry let me change it.

It seems stereotypes were smashed along with the city.
Apparently Canadians:

1.) Aren't all peaceful.
2.) Kinda suck at Hockey.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Seems to me that if they devoted some of that energy to getting better at hockey, there wouldn't be much of a problem. :p
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

UGH.

Same thing happens here in Montreal when the Habs win OR lose.

People are stupid.

I like taking pictures of the vandals and posting their faces online :)
dmon

Post by dmon »

It's only a game, and shouldn't be a reason for mass insanity, one would think. Yet another time it is proven that civilization is easily reversible.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

A prime example of low intelligence and high alcohol intake. As a Canadian I am embarrassed by Vancouver...as a man, I wish there was a way to taser them all on the spot. (Was going to say shoot, but that is a bit harsh)
On the hunt for...
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

The people who go on these sort of things are probably just looking for an excuse to do it anyway, probably aren't even hockey fans.

This is one of those times the cops need to bring out tasers, tear gas, water cannons and big ol beating sticks.
dmon

Post by dmon »

jzmtl wrote:The people who go on these sort of things are probably just looking for an excuse to do it anyway, probably aren't even hockey fans.

This is one of those times the cops need to bring out tasers, tear gas, water cannons and big ol beating sticks.
Isn't it much better if individual stops himself from monkey-like behavior before police @zz-kicking solution is required? Less brainpower and self-control people have - more proactively and externally controlled they will be.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Forget Libya, we need to invade Canada immediately, it's obvious Canada has been taken over by hooligans and anarchists. :eek:
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

jzmtl wrote:The people who go on these sort of things are probably just looking for an excuse to do it anyway, probably aren't even hockey fans.

And K-9 Units! Oh how I love seeing expertly trained badass dogs in action =)
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Pretty horrifying.

On a lighter note I found this picture captioned, " At least someone from Vancouver can score on the road."

edit-found a bigger image
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Sequimite wrote:Pretty horrifying.

On a lighter note I found this picture captioned, " At least someone from Vancouver can score on the road."
Injured?
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow what a bunch of sore losers.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Blerv wrote:That was wayyyy too serious. Sorry let me change it.

It seems stereotypes were smashed along with the city.
Apparently Canadians:

1.) Aren't all peaceful.
2.) Kinda suck at Hockey.
Hey, there are more Canadians on the Bruins than there are on the Canucks. It does seem that Bobby Lu can't win the big games though unless he can import Iginla and Sid the Kid to bail him out after letting in a soft one. :p
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Injured?
Nope...horny. Look closer... :eek:
On the hunt for...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Nope...horny. Look closer... :eek:
It's PG, they're just making out.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
angusW

Post by angusW »

Sequimite wrote:Pretty horrifying.

Actually she was hurt.
She had actually been injured. She had been knocked down by a shield. He lay down next to her to comfort her. She was crying and he just kissed her to calm her down.
http://mashable.com/2011/06/17/kissing- ... -couple-2/
==============

Bread and circus. They riot over a stupid game but they won't lift a finger when real issues are presented to them. Don't get me wrong. Sports are great for people to participate in but the mind numb zombies going crazy over their favourite team losing (or winning) when there are real things to get upset about just makes me sad these days. Vancouver isn't the only place. We've all seen it happen after an NBA final or a World Cup. It happens all over the world yet if you educate them on real issues happening in this world they'll just laugh and shrug their shoulders.
=============

Blerv, I can't skate worth a darn and I've seen lots of mean people around here too :D . Funny, I was in Boston a few weeks ago and thought the people there were really nice. Love Boston not just for the history but it's people seem outstanding, at least the ones I met.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies