Your Favorite Comic Book Superhero and Supervillan

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Water Bug

Your Favorite Comic Book Superhero and Supervillan

Post by Water Bug »

Hey, all you comic book fans! Who is...

- Your favorite Superhero or Superheroine, and why?

- Your favorite Supervillan or Supervillaness, and why?

For me, my favorite Superhero and Supervillan are...

- Favorite Superhero = Iron Man: I grew up with Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and Space Ghost; however, Iron Man is my all-time favorite Superhero! My introduction to Iron Man was way back in junior high school during study hall. There were a few comic books scattered about, one of which was about the Invincible Iron Man. I have always liked "armored things" (knights, tanks, battleships, A-10 Thunderbolt II, etc. :) ), and to see a comic book character decked out in armor that was equipped with numerous weapons and the ability to fly... I was sold! I believe Iron Man was fighting the Super-Adaptoid in this comic particular comic book. As I read more Iron Man comics, I learned to understand the man inside the armor... Tony Stark. Iron Man is one of the most powerful members of the Avengers (the other being Thor), and the only weakness that Iron Man has is Tony Stark himself... he's his own worse enemy. All this certainly added to my appreciation for this character.

- Favorite Supervillan = Doctor Doom: Yeah, Victor von Doom is a bad guy... however, he's got to be one of the coolest, most loved, and most appreciated bad guy to grace the comic book pages. He also has a lot of class (compared to some of his villainess compadres), and, he has integrity... as in not wanting victory over an opponent who is not up to the fight... after all, such would spoil the sweet taste of victory for Doom. Also, Doom is heavily armored (I like that :) ), equipped with numerous weapons, and is second in line for Sorcerous Supreme... all of which makes him big time cool in my book... so, what's there not to like? And, his attire has that Medieval knight feel to it. Doctor Doom also has as many one-liners as Darth Vader... Doom never fails... Doom needs no one... such is NOT the way of Doom! And, who else took on KISS in a comic book and let them off easy? Doom has no problems with taking on the Fantastic Four or any of the Avengers. Heck, he's right at home going toe to toe with the likes of Superman, the Beyonder, and Galactus.

How about you?
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Xmen- Beast and gambit.

Villain- Joker.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Favorite Superhero: The Punisher. Why? Because he's a bad-***. No real 'super powers,' just a hard core attitude and intestinal fortitude. And I'd be willing to bet he's a Spyderco fan. ;)

Favorite Supervillan: None. The only good supervillan is a dead supervillan.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Hero: Wolverine, he has built in knives that can cut anything, lives a long *** time and pretty much can't die.

Villain: The joker, but only b/c of dark knight.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Hero: DareDevil....cause he was blind but could still put up a pretty good fight, I also liked the IceMan from X-men...just because he was so cool (puns intended)
Villian: Sandman: ause he could make big fists made of solid sand that could pack a punch......Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Mighty Mouse
I just loved watching it in the mornings before school.

The Coyote
He might not be a super villain but he had all the cool toys. I was always hopeful one of the gadgets would work and he would catch that bird someday. :)
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

gunnut35 wrote:Mighty Mouse
I just loved watching it in the mornings before school.

The Coyote
He might not be a super villain but he had all the cool toys. I was always hopeful one of the gadgets would work and he would catch that bird someday. :)
MIghty Mouse was just a little too sadistic to like if you ask me :p ...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:MIghty Mouse was just a little too sadistic to like if you ask me :p ...Doc :D
Those evil cats never stood a chance.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Optimus prime and megatron :p
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I wanted to say Scooby but since Shaggy and him have that "smoking" problem, i just didn't think it would be very PC.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Colossus for powers, Wolvie for characterization...brilliant.

Venom probably.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Favorite hero is a real tough choice. There's so many. I really love Batman, because beneath it all Batman is just a man like anyone else...no super powers, no mutant abilities, he's just a man with skill who trains hard and pushes himself. Granted he has lots of handy gadgets, but without his training he wouldn't have a chance. I also love Wolverine...if it weren't for Magneto, Wolverine really wouldn't have many who could stop him. I like a lot of the Xmen...Jean Gray IMO is one of my favorites because of her tremendous power (Phoenix).

Villains...another hard one. I love Venom and Magneto.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Hero - Batman. I've been a huge Batman fan since I was very little. The dark, brooding image combined with his mental acumen and resourcefulness is just pure badass. Comic book fans have known this for decades; it's nice that the movies have finally begun to show that.

Villain - This is a toss-up. I like Magneto for his ethical, if twisted, approach. I like Joker for his insanity, recklessness and viciousness. Two-Face is also interesting for his struggle with schizophrenia.
insaneinmate

Post by insaneinmate »

Green Lantern: Preferably Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner.

Villain: The joker hands down.

P.S. Any DC readers upset about the reboot?
:spyder: Spydies: Orange Manix 2, Digicam Para 2, Foliage Green FRN Delica 4

:spyder: Want List: Starmate!
Wolfie677

Post by Wolfie677 »

There are a ton of great choices already listed, Hal Jordan and While E. Coyote are among my favorites. I tend to slop my adoration toward lesser known characters.

Hero - Deadpool. The merc with the mouth. Yeah, maybe a bit of an anti-hero but all in all a good guy who is quite talented at what he does. Oh, and he has that whole teleport thing going for him and a killer sense of humor.

Villain- Deathstroke the Terminator. It was hard not to go with the Joker on this one, but I love characters like Deathstroke who are entirely self serving. Much like Firefly was in G.I. Joe, the character has no allegiances to any one person or group, just a paycheck. This makes him VERY unpredictable as he might switch sides at any time. Also, Deathstroke has been a bit of an anti-hero as well at times, suffering his own conscience and doing the right thing.

Very interesting duo these two. Anyone know if they ever met in a crossover? I'm a bit out of touch with D.C./Marvel outings.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

SQSAR wrote:Favorite Superhero: The Punisher. Why? Because he's a bad-***. No real 'super powers,' just a hard core attitude and intestinal fortitude. And I'd be willing to bet he's a Spyderco fan. ;)

Favorite Supervillan: None. The only good supervillan is a dead supervillan.
oo really...... :D
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Hero

LOBO... "Izadafact!?" He's so funny...I'd see a movie where he's played by Mickey Rourke...

Vilain

M. Gone, from The Maxx serie

Julie: "I think you have a problem with women"
M. Gone "Oh really,... Is it because I kidnapped you, dress you up like a hooker and tied you up in a submissive position???? Of course I have a problem with Women"

Best comic line ever from a vilain...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I gotta go with Blerv on this.

Hero: Wolverine - Even though he could heal from pretty much anything, he still felt the pain. This guy is tough. He's the only character who doesn't need a Spyderco or their complimentary sharpening. His widecracks and outsider attitude make for an interesting character, while his backstory, or what little parts we know, are very intriguing. He is a man that is in touch with civilization, yet deep down he is still a wild and untamed beast.

Villain: Venom - I always was a fan of Venom. His suit is just awesome looking and his sharp-toothed grin creepy. The alien-superpowers don't hurt at all either. The only bad thing about this character is that I don't feel like he had a very compelling backstory. But, as a kid reading the comics, I was okay with that! I'd prefer a little more substance, though, these days.

Runner-up hero: Spawn - Sent back from **** to be a mercenary, Spawn got the short end of the deal when he didn't put down specifically what he wanted, and as we all know, the devil's in the details. Once back, and unable to return to his wife, Spawn used his limited quantity of power to battle against the devil. Great story, interesting scenario, and a really cool suit, complete with sentient cape!

Runner-up villain: Magneto - I was a pretty big X-Men fan, so Magneto was the villain of choice. Sure, he could move bridges, crumple vault doors, and stop bullets, but I always enjoyed it when he used his powers on a micro-level, such as gripping the iron in the body to freeze people in place (bad idea when he did this to Bishop).
Attachments
Heroes and Villains.jpg
Heroes and Villains.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Hero: Professor Xavier

Villain: Magneto

The two most powerful x-men=perfect combo. As you could guess I loved the new X-men movie, but these have always been my favorites since I was a kid. The dynamic between them is just so unique.
Captron

Post by Captron »

Tarsan King of the jungle.