How do you have radio contact after losing your voice from a cold?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tacticooledc

How do you have radio contact after losing your voice from a cold?

Post by tacticooledc »

Of course, second day on the job at mall security, we have a multinational triathlon, huge crowds, and I lost my voice. I don't think whispering will be picked up by the radio, and probably creep out the tourists. Any tips, guys?
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Beep...beep,beep,beep beeep... Learn basic morse code.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

If you have a Chinese Herb store near you by chance....Go and ask for a Patent Medicine called "Lu Shen Wan" Inside the box you will see a very small plastic vial about the size of your thumb nail...there are 100 poppy seed size pills in that bottle which is ten applications. Tap out 10 pills into a small cup and take the 10 pills all at once then drink lots of water....By the second or third application your voice will be restored to normal.....FWIW Pavaroti (Sp?) the famous opera singer used to take this product once a day so he would never lose his voice for a performance...It works really well if you can get some.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

lemon juice.

Just hit the grocery store, buy a couple bottles and drink it straight for a day or so. Best solution for sore throats out there.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Doc, is this the kind of thing I could take regularly while getting my voice back in shape for playing/singing live/? I got some slippery elm but haven't used any yet.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

defenestrate wrote:Doc, is this the kind of thing I could take regularly while getting my voice back in shape for playing/singing live/? I got some slippery elm but haven't used any yet.
Yes...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

tacticooledc

Post by tacticooledc »

Thanks Doc, didn't have enough time to read your post so I spent the day yelling out the patrol suv with a talking voice. Yep, it was about as strange as I made it sound here. Pay sucks, plenty of snobby people taking shots at you just for having the word "security" on you, and you get chewed out for doing your job. Can't wait to see how much better (worse) it is for LEO's :p
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks for the advice doc. I may try to use this stuff myself, there are days when I have to talk for more than six hours in front of the class and my voice turns into a pretty bad tune... so to speak.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Lu Shen Wan is amazing stuff...If you have a raw throat from a cold, or a really bad sore throat usually in two application the soreness goes away. Adult dose is ten tiny pills. If you need to use it for a child, then they only get one pill for every year old they are. (For example a 2 year old gets only two pills a 6 year old gets six pill..etc) Past the age of ten they can have the adult dosage of ten....Doc :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

defenestrate wrote:Doc, is this the kind of thing I could take regularly while getting my voice back in shape for playing/singing live/? I got some slippery elm but haven't used any yet.
Slippery elm is used more for the gastrointestinal system, will get your stomach in shape, not really your voice.... You can use slippery elm to soothe ulcers and stomach inflammation, irritated intestines, vaginal inflammation, sore throat, coughs, and a hoarse voice. ...I know they sell lozenges for the the throat but I question how useful they are for singing. Doc :D

cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

.357 mag wrote:Beep...beep,beep,beep beeep... Learn basic morse code.
Person/People on the other end need to know it too.
Come Join Us Click Here