world to end saturday

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

You still have several months.

According to Wiki:
"The 2011 end times prediction that the Rapture, the taking up into heaven of God's elect people) would take place on May 21, 2011 and that the end of the world would take place five months later on October 21, 2011."

So all we should notice today is if anyone is missing.
I'm still here, not terribly surprising on several levels.
On the plus side, guess this means I can still go to Blade.

Of course, there still is a huge amount of human ego involved. The "end of the world" in this case means all us humans are gone. (Which IS pretty end of world for me personally.)
However, all the porpoises may be thrilled we're no longer around....they refer to it as PAL day (peace at last) or the "no more **** fishing nets in our water" day.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Nope, check Campings website... in addition to the rapture, he specifically predicts a series of earthquakes that will throw open graves and kill three percent of the world's population (give or take) on the 21st, with the rest of the people left behind to die over the course of the next five months... I'm pretty sure CNN would have a blurb on that had it happened :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

What surprises me is that he is not being tarred and feathered by now.
Any other sort of scam or scandal would have been jumped on and the guy who did it would have been dragged into the spotlights.
You can ask Strauss Kahn about it.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Always harder to prove fraud where religion is concerned. Cults, even more so, since they tend to attract those who desperately want to believe in "something" and who, when they find that "something" throw themselves into it totally. The failure of a prophecy to materialize can always be blamed on an honest misinterpretation of the "signs", deception by "the evil one", or as "just another test of faith". In Camping's case, I expect the faithful will buy whatever explanation he comes up with for the reasons cited above. The rest of the world saw him as a charlatan, and his followers as idiots, long before Saturday. For us, confirmation was hardly necessary, as we never believed his bunkum in the first place.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

In short, he took the money and doesn't even have to run.
Because his scam is based on religion and religion is sacred, untouchable.
Even more contradictional is that he has abused the faith and as such is a direct enemy of the religion he says to stand for.

But I guess you are right, most of his faithfull are likely to prefer another shot over cold turkey.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Piet.S wrote:In short, he took the money and doesn't even have to run.
Because his scam is based on religion and religion is sacred, untouchable.
Even more contradictional is that he has abused the faith and as such is a direct enemy of the religion he says to stand for.

But I guess you are right, most of his faithfull are likely to prefer another shot over cold turkey.
No argument there. But, at least he only harmed his followers and they only harmed themselves, unlike those who buy into the 72 virgins BS and kill innocent people in the name of their religion.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

He's protected by the richest, largest multinational company out there... if they took him in for fraud, what about the other centuries of crime committed under the umbrella of that same corporation?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

That's WIP.
The pope himself has declared that the jews were not responsable for the death of JC.
Also that Galileo Galilei should not have been excommunicated.
And the catholic chuch is facing trails in quite a few countries for sexual abuse of children under their custody, at the time.

And protection usualy has to be paid for.
But I'm afraid, the barrier to be broken here is only psychological.
People just don't want to believe they are royaly scr&wed and take action.

And as Paul said, it didn't harm me.
I had a laugh out of it and enjoyed my saturday.
Weather was lovely, food was good and I love my children.