EDC Flashlight carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dmon

Post by dmon »

I don't carry one on myself regularly, but always have Surefire E2D in car and Fenix TK11 within a reach from the bed.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Main Light ~ Variety of clip-carried 2xCR123 models that I pick from my collection. Often a modded SureFire.

Secondary Light ~ 1AA model on my keys. Currently an iTP A3 EOS.

I'll often times have a coin-cell light on me as well.

Those don't include the lights I keep in my car (LED Lenser T7 and SwissTec 5-in-1 rescue tool with combination white and red LEDs) or my BOB which lives in the trunk (Princeton Tec EOS headlamp, Maratac polished stainless steel AA model, and 1/2watt LED 2AA Cabela's model). Have a couple of glow-sticks in the BOB as well.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
DM11

Post by DM11 »

I carry an ARC-P on a keyring and sometimes a SureFire Backup clip in my LR pocket. I carry a SureFire G2L at work in a sheath on my belt.
Hold Fast

David
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

I carry an ITP A3 EOS Upgraded model on my key ring. It's small enough and bright enough to do everything I need. If I want more light than this I'll carry my 4Sevens Mini 123.
:spyder:
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
:spyder:
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

47 preon revo with lithium battery on keys, but I rarely use it, mostly use 2x123a light, currently a surefire 6px pro
angusW

Post by angusW »

4sevens 123. Like it because it has moon mode so I don't wake my wife but on high is very bright. In fact I like the moon mode so much I won't buy another light unless it has it. Carry it in my pocket. Seemed a bit big at first but have gotten use to it. Like the spread of the beam quite well and has decent throw.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
BAL

Post by BAL »

While working around the farm, I carry an Insight HX120 with a URD (urban retention device, which is rubber piece shaped like an eight where the flashlight fits in one hole and your finger fits in the other. It is a tactical add-on that works great especially when using a firearm). I carry a larger Insight HX-150 at the URD at the office. Both fit in the front left pocket. Not a day goes by that I don't use a flashlight. THe Insight is a bit pricey, but the quility is sick. These are the programmable ones where you can set the brightness that it turns on with. It can easily turn to the brightest setting or to strobe which can blind a person in a few seconds. it can be reprogrammed in seconds and also has an SOS. YOu may never think that you need some of this stuff, but some people would say the same thing about a knife or a gun. I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have.
jotobo

Post by jotobo »

Fenix EO1...so bright for such a small light
dmon

Post by dmon »

Forgot one more

[ATTACH]16877[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2011-06-10 12.29.49.jpg
2011-06-10 12.29.49.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

I just added a Fenix E05 to my keyring. Tiny light but throws a lot of light for it's size.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Wdr65

Post by Wdr65 »

It all depends on the day and where I am.

At work I usually just have a Fenix E01 on my keychain and sometimes a Quark mini 123 in my pocket.

When I go out at night you'll usually find me with a Surefire E1B clipped in my left pocket and the quark in my right, as well as the E01. In winter there may be a Surefire L1 in my jacket pocket depending on what I'm doing.

My truck is where I keep my gear normally as I'm hardly ever very far from it. I carry a Surefire LX2, Streamlight Super Tac and Streamlight TL-3 in the console and glove boxes. There's a Mag 2C LED in my door and a Black Diamond Spot in my console. Usually there is also a Princeton Tex Apex in a bag in the backseat.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I am not a light guy at all. But I did understand the simple utility of a good flashlight. So a while back, I bought a Preon 2 with a Preon 1 body. In the summer, I carry it as a Preon 1 and in the winter a Preon 2. I don't really need a light all the time, so the slim size and light weight of the Preon was a no-brainer. When I have needed a light, the Preon has really impressed me. I really like it.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I have almost as many lights as I have knives. Plus I work nights and spend a lot of time outdoors at night, so I have even more excuses to use them than I do knives.

Generally, I carry a backup AAA light on my keychain (Usually Fenix LD01 in stainless steel), a smallish AA or medium CR123 light loose or clipped to RFP (Nitecore D10, Jetbeam BK135A and RRT-0 get the most time), and a 2xCR123/18650 light in jacket pocket or bag (Typically a Surefire AZ2 or LX2).
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

So I have tried on other boards...maybe you guys can suggest something without this getting too complicated. I would like a small (AAA) keychain light, prefer 2 modes (more is ok), at least 60 lumens, and a push button operation, I really don't like the bezel turning.

Any suggestions?
On the hunt for...
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

This is what came to mind immediately based on your last statement. 4Sevens Preon.
http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_332

Only think is you will need to talk to them to see if they still/ever had a keychain end. Otherwise you could run a split ring thru the hole in the pocket clip... It is a multi mode clicky on a single AAA (or you can buy the 2AAA tube too). Very bright, very floody. I have the tube set for a blue Preon, and love it. Very nice light for the house at night. Normal mode comes on L-M-H. You can access the blinky modes with a series of rapid clicks if you want them.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
DeathBySnooSnoo

That's not too bad actually...thanks. I'm not sure that I like having to buy the clicky end extra (which obviously makes it longer too) but it's pretty **** close to what I want.
On the hunt for...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I carry a Surefire E1L Outdoorsman, one 123 batttery and plenty of light for me I like the compact size...my favorite over all my other lights...I wear it strong side right up front belt carry at 1 oclock...I just ordered one of these from Galco (holsters) called FLC flashlight carrier...looks good check it out it will replace my leather surefire holster that has been in good shape for twenty years...but now not so good and in need of replacement.....so I'm going with this....Doc :D
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?Pr ... alogID=294
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Carried a Fenix L1T (10-33 Lumens +/-) for 5 years, most of the time in a Leatherman sheath that will hold it and a SOG Powerlock. Just a couple weeks ago, I got a new Quark AA (.9-109 Lumens) and I like it a whole bunch. It still rides in the same sheath. I was able to find some locally and on ebay at the time.

Leatherman 934895

I've also got several Mag 3D LED's scattered around.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
DeathBySnooSnoo

Any other suggestions that might meet the criteria I am looking for?

60-80 lumens, clicky switch, prefer AAA, keychain light.
On the hunt for...
Donut

Post by Donut »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Any other suggestions that might meet the criteria I am looking for?

60-80 lumens, clicky switch, prefer AAA, keychain light.
I would say a keychain light is typically a twisty because a clicky will get pressed on accident on your keys.

Twisty: Fenix L0D, 4sevens Preon, 4sevens Mini AA (about the size of most 1xAAA lights), Kaidomain AAA (not the greatest quality).
Clickie: Streamlight Microstream (not the best finish for key duty), Liteflux LF2XT (probably best you're gonna get within your criteria), Maratac AAA (I don't know anything about these besides they are cheap).

That or you could just go on dealextreme and buy a couple cheap 1xAAA lights and see which one you have better luck with. If you do that I would read user reviews on the stuff before purchasing.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!