Inspired by DR Snub Nose

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
amok_nok

Inspired by DR Snub Nose

Post by amok_nok »

After seeing the Mod the DR did on his Sharp Finger Randy decided to come up with his own take on this blade. Wicked point, double edged,has my finger loop, and access system. I'm making a bunch of these up to bring to THAI Camp this year .Randy always ties to come up with something new each year to bring to camp. Here's a couple of pics hope you like them.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

to beat stupid knife laws of the future this is awesome, regardless of that it is still awesome!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Nok that is soooo kool!....I am flattered to have been the inspiration for such a tactical tool.....Thanks for Sharing....And wish Randy a Happy Birthday for me.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
amok_nok

Post by amok_nok »

Thanks guys Randy is always joking that when the day comes that they have taken everything away from us to defend ourselves with except pointed sticks, we will be the master pointed stick makers.
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

That looks like a great tool. Doc has that affect on people............he has we hooked on your various Nok tools too!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

What are those laces looking things and what are they for?
amok_nok

Post by amok_nok »

Hi Chuck the single elastic loop is for you to wear it on finger so you can grab and not drop the blade fighting with empty hands. The double loop is a carry access system Randy invented that is on most of my SD tools.

I'm a firm believer in the carry loop for a ladies SD tool as she will most likely be dazes by a hit from a surprise attack and will drop what ever she has in her hand without one. The Access system allows you to carry this just about anywhere from your hair to a belt loop and give you instant access. here's a video showing how they work this is on my peregrine on of my other tool but they work the same. http://youtu.be/lLphU3JZc3c
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

The other day one of my students who took a workshop with me on the SD uses of the Nok was in NYC's subway system with two of his friends.
Not wanting to take a knife into the city (you know why) he placed a Nok "Spur" on his waist attaching it through a front jean loop with Nok's access system and covered it with his shirt. Some degenerate came over to the group of three and held up a picture of a sweet little girl and said his daughter was caught in a gun battle crossfire and he was raising money for her hospital bills. While my student's friend reached for his wallet to give the guy some money, the degenerate walked over to his girl friend who up to this point said and did nothing was just calmly sitting there, and went ballistics on her, screaming over and over again at the top of his lungs "You think this is funny or something!!"
He was escalating in his tone and manner very fast into what they thought would be a confrontation. My student reached under his shirt slipped a middle finger through the loop of his Nok and drew it from under his shirt..right into his hand, ready to go. The degenerate turned and quickly walked away from them. The degenerate never saw the Nok in my student's hand, but his friend sitting next to him saw him draw it out from under his shirt. After the degenerate left, he said to my student...."what the **** was that?" When my student showed him the Nok, he said "Oh My God, that has to be really illegal" My student replied, "I don't know of any laws in New York that says I can't carry a "Pointy Stick", when they pass a law forbidding the carry of a pointy stick, I'll stop carrying it" The student confessed to me that it was very comforting to have that Nok in hand when the possibilities of a nasty confrontation were escalating. Specially since he didn't have a knife on this trip into the big apple....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

amok_nok wrote:Hi Chuck the single elastic loop is for you to wear it on finger so you can grab and not drop the blade fighting with empty hands. The double loop is a carry access system Randy invented that is on most of my SD tools.

I'm a firm believer in the carry loop for a ladies SD tool as she will most likely be dazes by a hit from a surprise attack and will drop what ever she has in her hand without one. The Access system allows you to carry this just about anywhere from your hair to a belt loop and give you instant access. here's a video showing how they work this is on my peregrine on of my other tool but they work the same. http://youtu.be/lLphU3JZc3c
Thanks. That loop seems to be a very nice carry, deployment, and retention system.
amok_nok

Post by amok_nok »

There really are a million places it allows you to attach the blade it's as varied as your imagination. The finger loop is really for those times you want the blade carried in you hand ahead of time. In a surprise attack you would just grab and stab and not worry about getting the loop over your finger. But as the DR.'s story shows with a little practice it's easy to work your finger through the loop before accessing if time and the situation permit
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

amok_nok wrote:There really are a million places it allows you to attach the blade it's as varied as your imagination. The finger loop is really for those times you want the blade carried in you hand ahead of time. In a surprise attack you would just grab and stab and not worry about getting the loop over your finger. But as the DR.'s story shows with a little practice it's easy to work your finger through the loop before accessing if time and the situation permit
Very ingenious actually. :D
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Okay, with this one I think I am sold on the idea. Will likely get one via doc and perhaps start toying with designing and making wooden SD items (not to copy, more to branch out and think of different applications for personal training/enjoyment).
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!