Wow for Jeff at CS!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SmoothOne25

Wow for Jeff at CS!

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i won't try to wall of text you but i had to share this:

i ordered a knife, a $120 knife, from jeff. dc number said it was delivered. it was not. or it was stolen, who knows. i filed a police report and gave it to the usps inspector general but i doubt i will ever see a dime back since the carrier says "i dropped it off" and the dcn says delivered. so per paypal, wells fargo, and usps, i am screwed! okay here is where jeff comes in:

i was talking to him about buying a dp frn ukpk and just bullshitting and emailing and i told him my stickers and superleaf went missing and without a hesitation jeff sent me an email today saying "please accept a FREE superleaf bnib and "AND" i want to ship it to you for free!"

OMG! :eek:

i am big on pimping kc cause i am loyal and use them a long time but with service just as good as kc and prices ALWAYS better by $20 ish i have to start to recommend cs instead of kc! once again thank you jeff! it is amazing! i recommend jeff and cutlery shoppe for all your spydies needs. jeff knows and respects these other sellers and appreciate them selling knives too but as far as i am concerned it is amazing what jeff did... :eek: and think his store should be used first!

so making a decision where to shop i say http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/index.aspx
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Wow, that's awesome.

I am a steadfast CS shopper as well. After the whole fiasco in NYC, it annoys me that so many knife retailers have stopped shipping to the entire state. I understand why but it still bothers me.

When I asked Jeff if he had stopped sales to NY, he said "NYC yes, NYS no. Stay sharp." That means a lot to me. It also helps that his prices are very good and shipping very fast. I wish he took pre-orders but I understand his notion of "first come, first serve."

Two thumbs up for Jeff and the CutleryShoppe! :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

good story and good info to share. For some reasons I thought that all dealers shipped insured :confused:
D1omedes wrote:
Two thumbs up for Jeff and the CutleryShoppe! :D
+1
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

I agree. At Christmas my wife ordered me a plain Pacific Salt. They didn't have one, so to complete the order they sent a all black one, that costs more, at no additional charge. Jeff actually called my wife to tell her thats what they had done and got it here in time for Christmas.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Jeff is amazing. I love CS and go there first if possible. KC is terrific though.

Really with solid retailers I don't understand why people gamble with the unknown folks.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I know I sound and am biased, but Jeff has given me fantastic service. I will always go to him first for stuff. It helps that his prices are almost always super low, but I will pay a premium to buy from him due to his service. Great guy.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

You can't go wrong with CS. I buy most of my knifes from Jeff and the only time i stray is for preorders or when i just have to have one that he might not have in stock.
majornub

Post by majornub »

I just ordered a Salt 1 from there and did not realize it was backordered, but I called them and they said they were expecting a load of them to come on monday, and it would ship then. I will post an update when the knife comes.
PaulVB

Post by PaulVB »

Cutlery Shoppe is great. Awesome prices and Jeff's communication is excellent.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I ordered a Gayle Bradley from Jeff last year and decided it wasn't for me. I returned it for credit on another Paramilitary and he sent the Para, SE Ladybug, and a CS carabiner. I called him to say thanks and that he didn't have to send the free extras. He said he appreciated my business and we had a short chat about blades. Very nice guy and great company to deal with.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I had a not so great experience with both CS and KC the first time I tried them. Ever since then, cs has given me stellar service.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Jeff has treated me well, but after hearing about that Smooth, I am even more inclined to look at him first.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
jimnolimit

Post by jimnolimit »

i have never ordered from CS, but now i have even more incentive. im sure they will see my business before the year is up.
Corvid1

Post by Corvid1 »

In a word, “character”. I’ve previously made purchases from both CS and KC without any difficulty/conflict. However, CS will get 1st shot on any :spyder: that I buy online in the future.

tim
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

CS is my main store. Jeff has amazing prices, I have never had any problems. It is nice to know that if I do there will be great customer service to help me.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Most of my purchases are through him also. You can't beat his prices or customer service.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Jeff is hands down the best in the business. I purchase spyderco exclusively through him now. Great guy, great prices, great service. Couldn't be more pleased to give him my business
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Can't beat his prices and great service. I will wait longer just to get my Spydercos from him.
delicafreak

Post by delicafreak »

+1 on CS! Jeff is an extremely generous guy! My Father and him were talking, and the topic of kids came up. He asked my Father how many kids he had and that he was going to send us a suprise. so TWO DAYS LATER!!!!!! (jeff's shipping is crazyfast) The package came and my Father was freaking out. Jeff sent my Brother and I 2 FREE Byrd wrenches!! :eek: My Brother and I were, needless to say, very excited. We had to call Jeff and thank him. Thanks again jeff! :D :D
it all started november 2010.. now Im up to 16:spyder:'s and 2 BYRD's and still, theres many more to come. thanks sal :p:D HUGE thanks to my dad for my newly accuired Orange manix 2!:D
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

package sent and i will have my free item asap! THANKS JESS!
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."