April fool jokes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jackknifeh

April fool jokes

Post by jackknifeh »

I thought it might be entertaining to hear about different Apris fool's day jokes that have been played on people. I have an example of one that may not have been in the best taste.

A radio station (Birmingham, AL I think or nearby) reported that on April 1st at a specific time a helicopter was going to be dropping a lot of money out for anyone to pick up. When the time came there were hundreds of people there waiting for the money (some probably took off work). There was also a van from the radio station to report the event. When it was announce that it was an April fools joke a lot of people were furious. I heard they gathered around the van and rocked it back and forth. That was the most serious form of violence I heard of but it could have been a lot worse. I'm sure the people who were waiting for the money that was announced would be dropped (on April first? come on! :rolleyes :) felt pretty foolish.

Are there any other stories?

Jack
PS, my birthday is April 1st. I'll be surprised if anyone can come up with a joke about my mother hoping I was a joke and could she see her real baby or something along those lines that I haven't heard. I've heard a lot of them but nothing new (to me) in several years.

Jack
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

who would fool for that heli prank lol, people are so gullible
Reject

Post by Reject »

One April fools day I got everyone I could to ring the boss and wish him a Happy birthday.
:confused: When he found out it was me, he said it wasn’t his birthday and asked why I had thought it was.

With the most innocent I could muster on my face, I told him that I had been informed of that by that I thought was a reliable source. That the day he was borne had been a day of fools.

So I naturally thought it was April 1

And with an even more innocent look on my face, said “Gee in that case I wonder that he meant then?”

Fortunately the boss is not bad sort of bloke and just walked off muttering. :(

:D
How much can a Koala bear?
swimmingspa111

Post by swimmingspa111 »

Hello jack, it was a nice one, but i don't think that people in this world are so foolish, that they will on this kind of stories..