BM 525 question?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
casey1

BM 525 question?

Post by casey1 »

love my benchmade mini presidio, but it's got just one problem: The pivot is either just too tight to open or has bladeplay... I find that even when tightened it still has a little horizontal play... the design of the knife kinda points to this being a normal thing though.. the pivot is the only thing holding the knife there: there's space between the blade and the handles... should I email them or something?
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Contact factory.
Every Axis(5- including small and large presidio) I have has no blade play and is smooth as silk.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

i realy adore my Benchmade's 530 in plainedge and mini grip 555 and i have no complaints whatsoever and the 154cm NO corrosion issues.i realy like their blue line of knives..
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Hi Casey,

have you checked the other handle screws to make sure they are properly tightened? Just wondering if you loosen the pivot bolt, and then ensure the other screws are snugged up to ensure squareness of the knife frame, and then adjusted pivot tension, you might have better pivot consistency.

Just an idea and I hope this helps. Other than that, as already suggested, back to Benchmade for an inspection and adjustment.
WTC #1455