Our state attorney general is an idiot!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

Our state attorney general is an idiot!

Post by tonydahose »

She would like to make public a list of all people who have a FOID card in the state. Nothing like giving the criminals all the names of the gun owners so they know which house to rob. Absolute idiocy :mad: .

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news ... ?track=rss
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
JabFynger

Post by JabFynger »

That's pretty disgusting.
"You could have opened that with your hands." "Ya, but this knife cost me $60...the hands were free.":spyder:
Tank

Post by Tank »

Idiot for sure
-John
2cha

Post by 2cha »

She may just be blowing smoke to get some attention--not that this shouldn't be a cause for fear. Sometimes you gotta face fire with fire!!! Lobbying works.
racer88

Post by racer88 »

This has come up in other cities like Memphis, TN (if I recall). But, I think it was the local paper that did it. So, some local gun owners took it upon themselves to publicly disseminate the home addresses for various principles of the newspaper, including the editor.

Hmmmmm.... just sayin'.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

What a great idea!!!!!:rolleyes :D oc :rolleyes:
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
crm7290

Post by crm7290 »

I think that this is asinine. If they put my name out in the open that is putting my family at risk. My 89 year old grandma would have a heart attack if someone tried to rob us. And for what? I don't even live in Illinois, I am in college, and if they were trying to find my guns at my house there and didn't they could turn on her or my parents and it would be Lisa Madigan's fault.

I have had my FOID card for a year now and still haven't even purchased my firearm as I haven't turned 21 and cannot purchase a handgun until then.

I hope that this burns but if it doesn't it could potentially force my hand to give up my rights to own a firearm in Illinois. Thank god for good old gunslingin Minnesota!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Do they give any reason for wanting to do this? I can't think of one.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

Where's the ACLU on this one?!?! Definately sounds like the actions of .gov will be causing undue persecution on the citizens for simply exercising their Constitutional rights.

I imagine this woman had to take an oath of office. What happened to upholding and defending the Constitution?
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

racer88 wrote:This has come up in other cities like Memphis, TN (if I recall). But, I think it was the local paper that did it.
Local newspaper published a link to all the concealed carry permit holders a couple of years back. Serious sh*tstorm over that and you can be sure it won't be happening again.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Manchu wrote:Where's the ACLU on this one?!?! Definately sounds like the actions of .gov will be causing undue persecution on the citizens for simply exercising their Constitutional rights.
No S**T, where is the ACLU on guns, knives etc.?!! Am I the only "card carrying member" of both the ACLU and the NRA? :mad:
Praxis

Post by Praxis »

She is acting on behalf of the Associated Press. They asked for the info. under a Freedom of Information request. Illinois State Police are fighting the request and it will probably end up in the courts unless the Illinois State Legislature acts.

So we have busy-body journalists trying to raise a stink about guns and a busy-body attorney general trying to help them. I hope Illinois FOID owners make a huge fuss about this. :mad:
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

racer88 wrote:This has come up in other cities like Memphis, TN (if I recall). But, I think it was the local paper that did it. So, some local gun owners took it upon themselves to publicly disseminate the home addresses for various principles of the newspaper, including the editor.

Hmmmmm.... just sayin'.

LMAO! I love it!
I've read about that happening elsewhere, too. Great idea.

After all, this was precipitated by an ASSOCIATED PRESS request.
WTF does the ASSociated Press want with the list of gun owners anyway?!
They should have to explicitly explain how their having this list would accomplish a needed good.
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
ceya

Post by ceya »

2cha wrote:No S**T, where is the ACLU on guns, knives etc.?!! Am I the only "card carrying member" of both the ACLU and the NRA? :mad:
Have you guys informed ACLU?

S/F,
CEYA!
"Stay in the fight because we are Marines and the mission will be complete regardless of degree of difficulty."

by CEYA!
sgt Merrey

Post by sgt Merrey »

The politicions in this state IL,will not be happy until we are all unarmed and defenceless!!!
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

2cha wrote:No S**T, where is the ACLU on guns, knives etc.?!! Am I the only "card carrying member" of both the ACLU and the NRA? :mad:
I confronted the ACLU about their abrogation of the RKBA in a missive I sent back in lieu of a renewal payment.

I received back the biggest load of bulls#!t; some PR woman packed some photocopies of articles that ostensibly would explain how the RKBA is a "collective right" and not an individual right, so they didn't need to protect it. Also included was an article about the infamous -- and thoroughly fraudulent and debunked -- "Kellerman study" (the one that claims that a gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely blah blah blah.").

Those disingenuous, mendacious morons were actually trying to propagandize me into believing that there really is no RKBA, and if there were, it would be more dangerous than it was worth.

I wonder of those lying fools still send that s#!t out after the Heller decision.
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

Not that I agree with what is being done, but wouldn't publishing the names of people who have guns in their homes make it worse for the people who don't, such as the state attorney general?

It is just like that joke picture that said something like "I have a gun but my neighbor doesn't *points over there*"

I mean if I was a robber and I knew one house had a firearm and the other didn't I'd take the house that didn't.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

*Cho* wrote:Not that I agree with what is being done, but wouldn't publishing the names of people who have guns in their homes make it worse for the people who don't, such as the state attorney general?

It is just like that joke picture that said something like "I have a gun but my neighbor doesn't *points over there*"

I mean if I was a robber and I knew one house had a firearm and the other didn't I'd take the house that didn't.
Or, if you needed a gun and couldn't buy one due to age, or legal/mental disability, you could wait until I went to work and then steal mine. Guns, like gold, are also portable wealth and can be turned into whatever you want with ease--this is especially true with guns where the ownership trail is interrupted.
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

2cha wrote:Or, if you needed a gun and couldn't buy one due to age, or legal/mental disability, you could wait until I went to work and then steal mine. Guns, like gold, are also portable wealth and can be turned into whatever you want with ease--this is especially true with guns where the ownership trail is interrupted.
I see, that is a very good point. Is there storage requirements for fire arms in the US? Do hand guns have to be placed in safes or at least trigger locked? Not that trigger locks aren't hard to break...I'm just wondering since I'm Canadian and only familiar with our gun laws.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i cant imagine the whole area i live in knowing i own guns but i kind of like letting my neighbors know i have them so they if they rob me they know ill shoot them, havent been robbed yet, knock on 223 magazines!