Cold Steel on Tosh.0 Television Show

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gac

Cold Steel on Tosh.0 Television Show

Post by gac »

For those of you unaware, Tosh.0 is a television show on Comedy Central with a host who plays and makes jokes about various videos found online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhzlTSxdiVc
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Comedians, small children, and stupid adults, should not be allowed to play with sharp objects unsupervised.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

ROTFLMAO....Doc :D :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I think it's hilarious. People taking comedians serious is even more funny :p . Look around on the other forums for the ultimate in laughs.
battlecreek1

Post by battlecreek1 »

:D I saw that on Tosh.0 the other night and couldn't stop laughing. :D
~ Jon M. :spyder:

Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome,
and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters,
your wives and your houses." - Nehemiah 4:14

You wanted to know what the bad guys looked like. Now you know. It may happen again. My job is to take care of you. I was appointed to do that by God. I will kill anyone who touches you. Do you understand? - The Road
Donut

Post by Donut »

Blerv wrote:I think it's hilarious. People taking comedians serious is even more funny :p . Look around on the other forums for the ultimate in laughs.
Who is taking a comedian serious? Or are you talking about Tosh taking the CS video serious? :P
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

Donut wrote:Who is taking a comedian serious? Or are you talking about Tosh taking the CS video serious? :P
OMG! CS videos aren't serious? All these years I thought they really meant it and were just kinda silly.

(I did wonder what the baloon popping was supposed to prove about a 2-hand sword, and the handle coming off was...uhh...interesting).
butch

Post by butch »

i would not have found it funny sept i saw the "proof" DVDs
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I wonder how close they were to spearing that camera man. :eek: :rolleyes:
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Great bit from a great show. Really...popping a balloon. I thought it was great when he cut his sandwich.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

****, that video has been taken down already due to "copy right violations". Pity, I was looking forward to a good laugh. Anyone know where else I can watch this?

EDIT: I found the clip on Comedy Central's website it's been 10 mins and I'm still laughing my butt off...
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Donut wrote:Who is taking a comedian serious? Or are you talking about Tosh taking the CS video serious? :P
Sorry about the confusion.

Daniel Tosh was clearly looking for a reason to hack stuff apart with a sword. I'm sure he thought LT was a bit over-the-top but was more concerned about his own ratings. I thought his bit was HILARIOUS! :)

I really think LT and Co are serious about their proof vids. People who wear ties while swinging melee weapons don't strike me as the kind of people who are joking around. They are selling, "serious combat tools" in their minds. I would agree to this...shame we don't live in the 1600s.

The people that are the real comedians (IMHO) are the ones getting defensive about Tosh on the various non-Spydie forums. "What a juvenile!" "How could he make fun of such a serious tool!" "He didn't wear eye protection while smashing a coffee maker!?!" etc.

News Flash: He's making millions to swing a sword in the office. I don't think he's going to be "serious" or give a crap about being a proper role-model. I aspire to someday make millions of dollars while cleaving a water-cooler in half. :p
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Jesus. If I was that camera man, I'd probably punch Tosh. It was funny to us but that thing could have easily impaled him.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

D1omedes wrote:Jesus. If I was that camera man, I'd probably punch Tosh. It was funny to us but that thing could have easily impaled him.
Any cameraman who stands in-front of a 120 pound grown man with a claymore deserves to be impaled.

They ever teach them about tripods in Camera-School? :rolleyes:
crm7290

Post by crm7290 »

He might have been standing in the wrong spot but that knife sure didn't live up to the CS vids... He lucked out.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

crm7290 wrote:He might have been standing in the wrong spot but that knife sure didn't live up to the CS vids... He lucked out.
I'm wondering if there will be a rebuttal from LT about that...
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Stephen

Post by Stephen »

That was awesome!

If you watch really close, you can see the pommel break when he hits the water cooler. Also. you've got to be a complete moron to stand right in front of a doofus abusing the crap out of a product of questionable(at best) craftsmanship. :rolleyes:
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
unit

Post by unit »

sarguy wrote:I'm wondering if there will be a rebuttal from LT about that...
They did put up a statement on their site about the show. CS basically defended their product and questioned what preceded the failure and implied that it could have been intentionally loosened (which HONESTLY, can not be ruled out...look at the stir this has created).

CS goes on to lament the behavior as irresponsible pointing out that even the most basic (eye) protection was not used.

That is what sparked me a bit...because the CS videos clearly depict all sorts of cuts being performed without eye protection. I pointed out that while pork may be somewhat soft, the presence of steel hooks in the meat that they missed by inches would seem to raise a concern for someone so interested in safety? They never responded.

I think the bit was hilarious, and I think the Proof videos are equally hilarious.

This is what it is...a comedy bit. It is not a "test" of a sword, it has no purpose other than comedy.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

This was posted in the comments under the video. Had a laugh.

http://www.petersenart.com/images/_artw ... sword.html
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
unit

Post by unit »

Piercieve wrote:This was posted in the comments under the video. Had a laugh.

http://www.petersenart.com/images/_artw ... sword.html
That is rich ...let me help you out...

The boots in the lower left are the proverbial "icing on the cake"!
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.