Please Folks ... Take Good Care!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

we had a Lt. pass in his sleep last week at one of the firehouses. he was 51. i just found out that he was having some chest pain a few days earlier and he went to see the Dr. He was going for a stress test 2 days after he died :( . if you guys feel any chest pain or tingling in the arms, get checked out!!! don't push it off!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Gil,
I am really sorry to hear about your condition and very glad that you are better now. That was dangerous. I knew few guys who died in early forties from heart attack. Take good care of yourself and listen your cardiologist.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Thanks be you are OK mate, scary stuff fer sure!

One thing I might point out here is please get regular check-ups people, especially those like me who are over 45, in my case well over 45! :rolleyes:

I know Docs don't always pick up stuff BUT your options are severely increased by regular health checks.

I'm one of the worst for NOT doing this but I try and remind myself as often as not...............

Regards,

BRIAN
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

Very sorry to hear about that, Raven. I hope you continue to do well. Pardon the personal question, but do you snore?
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Wow Raven, that's shocking news. Thank God you're going to be okay. My prayers go out for your complete and speedy recovery.
2edgesword

Post by 2edgesword »

Raven

Sorry to hear about the heart attack but very happy to know you got through it, and hopefully a few stents will clear things up.

I had mine at 38 years old (discomfort in the jaw and neck but didn't find out I actually had a heart attack until two years later) and family history is a key factor.

The Mastiff

Major headaches with the nitro patch!
Certified Instructor - Martial Blade Concepts

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men, and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it possible an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin
raven

Post by raven »

Again, Thank you all for the Well Wishes ;) . Still doing pretty good, just real tired from everything. ;) .

When I went to the ER they gave me what they called "nitro paste" and put a patch over it. When I was released from the hospital I was given a small bottle of "nitro spray". They did give me a shot under my tongue just after my angiogram, I do remember a slight headache. Hoping I don't ever have to use this spray a whole bunch :rolleyes: .

@sarguy, I snore ...not often. Mostly when really tired.

Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Prayer sent for a complete recovery, bro. Take care of yourself. Thanks for sharing with us your very personal problem - we all care.

- best wishes, Jazz.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Raven

Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

I underwent the the same procedure just over 4 years ago so I can certainly sympathize!

You have to take this as the warning that it is and take good care of yourself.

All the best!
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Gil, I'm sorry to hear of your heart attack, but VERY glad that you're doing okay!!

I was shocked to read about this, since you're always working out and such.

I will turn 42 in June, and I have to say, this post is nudging me toward doing more exercise and eating better. Fortunately, I have a good wife who is also looking out for me (I hate eating healthy, it's so dull!!!!).
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!