For you Glock guys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

For you Glock guys

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Here is an e-mail I got from Gabe Saurez...some of you glock owner may be interested...

"We spent our weekend reading and watching about the assasination attempt in Tuscon. Regardless of the details, we know that the left will use this to try and pass stupid new laws affecting the citizen's right to own and carry guns.

As soon as some of the details became known, I called our Glock distributor and bought what he had left of the 33 round Glock magazines. I was not the first. He is sold out now.

If you want a 33 round magazine for your Glock magazine, here they are. I can almost guarantee that when distributors resupply, the price will go up just like it did after the elections.

You snooze, you lose. Here is the link to buy your 33 round sticks. Available now!"

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/glock1 ... azine.aspx
Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

Must be nice to live in a state where 33 round magazines are legal. Dr Snubnose is right though, get them while they're hot.
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Had one already. Ordered 2 more. Thanks for the lead.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

No 30 rounders for the G-30 dag nabit!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ok, I can somewhat "get" the idea behind large cap magazines for rifles and fully automatic weapons, but what exactly is the benefit of one in a handgun, other than allowing you to burn ammo more quickly? Seems it would render a pistol difficult to carry, much less conceal. Preparation for the zombie apocalypse, or what? Only "real world" use I can see for it would be if you wanted to do a drive-by shooting.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Deacon wrote:Ok, I can somewhat "get" the idea behind large cap magazines for rifles and fully automatic weapons, but what exactly is the benefit of one in a handgun, other than allowing you to burn ammo more quickly? Seems it would render a pistol difficult to carry, much less conceal. Preparation for the zombie apocalypse, or what? Only "real world" use I can see for it would be if you wanted to do a drive-by shooting.
To balance out that EDC heavy bladed 12" zombie killer knife on their other hip? :D
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

The Deacon wrote:Ok, I can somewhat "get" the idea behind large cap magazines for rifles and fully automatic weapons, but what exactly is the benefit of one in a handgun, other than allowing you to burn ammo more quickly? Seems it would render a pistol difficult to carry, much less conceal. Preparation for the zombie apocalypse, or what? Only "real world" use I can see for it would be if you wanted to do a drive-by shooting.

Someone has obviously not shot a handgun with a high cap mag. :p
At the least it could be a gnarly bedside table piece.

And why the 50 dollar link, Doc? Hahaha, Someone paying you?
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The best reason i can think of is a full auto Glock 19 :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xCB2r6V9c

But screw that, when it's zombie apocalypse time, i'm going with the drum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwXO-KTVxk
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I have heard reports that pressure on the larger mag can cause problems with the shell properly loading in the chamber. The clip was originally designed for a carbine (not produced for the general public, as I recall), but does fit the pistols.

As for it's usefulness, I will say that if the perpetrator of the recent horrible event in Tuscon may have been stopped a few shots earlier if limited to 15 rounds and required to do a clip change. I'm not advocating restrictions on ammo capacity, but I do see little need for such a large capacity pistol clip. Whatever reasonably fits in the grip, is fine with me. That 30 round clip is awkward, albeit the weight does help one maintain target on recoil. Fine for the range, I guess, but there again, I'd prefer to stop and observe my pattern...which isn't very meaningful after 30 rounds.
butch

Post by butch »

and there fresh out of hi cap G36 mags :)

i agree tho that short of a carbine or glock lower AR i see no need (oo and the G18 but thats more a )
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

When as a society we get into the whole argument about what use something might be to someone else then we put ourselves on a very subjective slippery slop. It's always better to err on the side of freedom. Yes, there will always be kooks who do crazy things, but it's the price we pay to be free. I for one am willing to take that risk and pay that price.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
racer88

Post by racer88 »

We should put "speed governors" on all cars (nobody "needs" to go over the speed limit). Right???? Slippery slope and ultimately the WRONG approach. It does accomplishes nothing more than "feel good legislation."
LDB

Post by LDB »

Why are people questioning this? You people who are questioning this 33rd magazine, you do not need any knife with a blade over 2" in length. You will immediately pack up all your knives over 2" and send one each to those on the forum who don't question what honest citizens should be able to own. You will also take your cars in for speed governors within the next 30 days. You'll allow the a/c man in to rig your thermostat so the a/c can be set no lower than 85 and the heat no higher than 60. Your water heater will be replaced with a 10 gallon tank unit. The list goes on and on and on. Oh, you will choose your one Spyderco knife to keep as you can only use one knife at a time so you don't need more than one knife. On and on and on.

Better to be demanding no new gun regulations and severe new perpetrator penalties.
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Well put, LDB. Yeah... There's no reason for me to have bought over 30 Spydercos in the last 8 months. That's just "excessive," and nobody "needs" to have that many knives.

It amazes (and disgusts) me that so many people rush to blame inanimate objects for crimes. Or, in this recent tragedy, they rush to blame other PEOPLE not even remotely connected to the crime. In effect, they'll blame ANYthing or ANYbody, EXCEPT the individual sub-human excrement that actually committed the crime.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Seem to me the gun companys have gotten everyones number.. scare people with potential new gun laws and everyone immediatly buys there whole stock then they restock and sell it for more. As long as everyone thinks there guns will be "taken" away these company's are making a mint. I don't think its gonna happen. The NRA has many serious heavy hitting lobbyists to prevent it.

I am no expert but what harmful gun laws have been signed into law in the last say 20 years? I am very curious to know. It seems that anyone (even in california) can buy as many assault rifles they want still. I know my neighbor buys them all the time (three gun safes full of them). If I could afford it I would buy a few myself :)
-John
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

racer88 wrote:We should put "speed governors" on all cars (nobody "needs" to go over the speed limit). Right???? Slippery slope and ultimately the WRONG approach. It does accomplishes nothing more than "feel good legislation."
Actually most cars do have a governed top speed, but they can't limit it to whatever the speed limit is because of emergency situations. If a car company sold a car to someone that would only go 65mph, and your wife was having a heart attack and you were the only way to get her to the hospital and could only go 65mph to get her there and she died on the way, that'd be a giant lawsuit.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

im in CA :mad:

you guys have 23 more bullets than i do lol
Dr. Snubnose

Ay Guys Easy Does it!

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I posted this thread so that individuals who were interested in obtaining a large capacity clip for their Glocks where legal, would be able to do so at a reasonable price.
Let's not turn this thread into a political debate. The Deacon doesn't see any value to such an item and he is entitled to his opinion without catching any flack about it. A N.Y. Rep. will introduce a measure banning guns that can fire 10-20 rounds a clip following the shooting in Arizona that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) critically injured. This was to be expected. I don't necessarily agree with the measure, and feel it has little if any chance of getting passed. To quote Thomas Jefferson."Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." Let's keep this discussion non-political please and let's not be so quick to jump on others who don't share the same viewpoint...Thanks...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Piercieve wrote:Someone has obviously not shot a handgun with a high cap mag. :p
At the least it could be a gnarly bedside table piece.

And why the 50 dollar link, Doc? Hahaha, Someone paying you?

Nobody paying me!!!...I don't even own a Glock...furthermore it was 39.99 yesterday...those sold out overnight...now you have to pay for the increase from dealers who want to make good on the demand thingy. Still a decent deal if you ask me.... Glock Owners...Feel free to send me money for pointing you in this direction....just don't point anything else at me!:eek :D oc :D :p

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Hey Doc, can't buy those from the Philippines.

However, plus 2 is enough for me. I find that for the defensive shooting, a 30 round mag(30 rnds only for .40) becomes a disadvantage when shooting from cover and difficult shooting positions. Prone is particularly difficult with a 30 round mag.

I do practice changing mags. :D