old tools

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Pete1977

old tools

Post by Pete1977 »

I was cleaning my boat and I have a bunch of rusty tools, mostly wrenches and a couple of large files. I can't use them and was going to throw them away. I actually had them in a fish tote on the way to the dumpster when I thought that maybe someone who makes knives can use them. I have seen knives made from files. there is at least one file and i could probably find a few more large bastard files. There are also several wrenches, some craftsman, some unidentifiable all rusted. the chrome is gone on all of them. I have some old sawzall blades and some old socket wrench sockets as well.

could any of this be used to make knives? if so, they are free to a good home. if not, i will probably just toss them.

Thanks

pete

ETA email is the best way to contact me or post in this thread. petegold2004 at yahoo dot com.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ay Pete, Don't throw any of that stuff out....Go to a gun shop or buy on line a product called "CorresionX" put a few drops on the wrenches and any other movable part on the tools....wait ten minutes...and you will have fully functional tools again...the stuff is amazing...I can't think of all the tools and wasted money I spent on replaceing frozen, rusted old tools by throwing them out and replacing them. Then I found CorresionX and never threw out another rusted or frozen tool again....It's not expensive and I guarantee it to work. Just get some....you'll see. You can use it any any frozen tools, fishing reel and equipment, guns, knives etc. any part of anything that moves metal against metal , door hinges, bolts you name it a few drops 10 minute wait and presto!...When you see how great it works you well be going around the house using it on everything...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Pete1977

Post by Pete1977 »

thanks doc! I will see if i can find some. :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

You can soak them in vinegar and it'll eat the rust off.

Funny story...when i was about 16 a friend of mine's mother went bankrupt. His father had passed away years before and was a mechanic, and had a shed full of hand tools, which had sat for 10+ years and rusted up. She gave them all to me, and the majority of them were Craftsman. Out of curiosity i took them to Sears....and they replaced every single piece.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David