Pocket Bowie

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Pocket Bowie

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Has anyone got their hands on Boker's New Pocket Bowie? It looks real sweet!....Doc :D

"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Samwise

Post by Samwise »

Looks pretty awesome, but....

If it's a Boker, then why does it have a Krein logo on it?
Spydie Count: :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Vics: Super Tinker, Farmer
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Samwise wrote:Looks pretty awesome, but....

If it's a Boker, then why does it have a Krein logo on it?
Can you say custom collaboration?......Doc :D
Many here know the name Krein and the fine work he does...this is a stunning example....and it looks like Boker did a nice job on it from the pics...I will get one soon and let you know what I think of it for sure...kinda reminds me of a fixed blade Chinook of sorts...but I understand the blade is much smaller...suits me just fine though...I love the design......Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I quite like mine, neat little fixed blade. The pinky hump is a bit pointy, so I rounded that part and it feels much better in hand. It's smaller than you'd expect, think a three finger grip.

pics:

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Fixed blade knife :: Boker Plus :: Outdoor knives
BOKER PLUS TOM KREIN POCKET BOWIE by Boker Plus as Fixed blade knife
Fixed blade knife by Boker Plus. The Pocket Bowie is a very popular Krein knife. The short, stout blade features a hollow grind and deals with every cutting task with this versatile blade shape. The handle features contoured G-10 scales with white fiber layers and fits the hand perfectly. The index finger choil enhances the secure grip. Blade steel is high performance 440C stainless. Comes with a Tek-Lok compatible Kydex sheath with ball chain (Tek-Lok not included). Blade length: 2 1/2''. Overall length: 5 3/4''. Weight: 2.2 oz. MSRP $49.95...Doc :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

jzmtl wrote:I quite like mine, neat little fixed blade. The pinky hump is a bit pointy, so I rounded that part and it feels much better in hand.

pics coming
Oh yes Pics Please!...and your general impressions...Thanks....Doc :D
Nice pics, love the design for sure, seems you posted before my request...Thanks

jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Ha, seems we both did it at exactly the same time.

I haven't had chance to really use it yet so can't say much. The F&F is good, some misses (i.e. lanyard tube and rivet not entirely flush with scale, sheath entrance not chamfered to allow easy insertion), but for a $25 knife it's as good as it gets.

Post by 224477 »

Doc. get it - I handled it and due limited funds didnt buy it yet, but its a great lil knife.
Stout, very sharp, good point. Amazing little fixed blade for a hard to beat price. The sheath might be a little tight, but that can be done with some adjustments. I think knowing your taste for knives in general, you might like this lil pup pretty much. :cool:
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

I'm looking to get one soon. Tom's designs are always very sound ergonomically for me, whether they be small blades or large, and I just love that clip point.

Could one of the folks who has the knife be so kind as to tell me what the stock thickness is? I can't seem to find that measurement in any of the standard product information.
~ Nate
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

I'd throw down for one, half out of novelty and half out of product design.

normally I wouldn't go in on a bowie that diminutive, but it's got great appeal and the price is certainly right.

I've got a VG-10 Chinook Proto LE, to keep the Boker company... but comparison in point -- this little blade has a high standard to live up to. ;)

Stay Sharp --
:spyder: SB :spyder:
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Wow that looks awesome! I might have to pick one up soon.
2edgesword

Post by 2edgesword »

O.k., I've got my birthday coming in a few weeks. My new e-mail signature on every e-mail sent to a relative will be... :)

Grandpa's Birthday: December 9th

ONLY $26.95

Order today and sure to arrive before grandpa's birthday!

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... =BO02BO266

Certified Instructor - Martial Blade Concepts

"The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men, and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it possible an empire can rise without His aid?" Benjamin Franklin
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

:cool: :cool: :D :D
araneae

Post by araneae »

Been ogling that one up for a few weeks. Maybe after I replenish my knife funds...

The edge looks a bit thick in the photos. Anyone care to comment?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Joe Internet

Post by Joe Internet »

A bit OT, but has there ever been a collaboration between Tom Krein & Spyderco? His name is mentioned very frequently around here.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

araneae wrote:Been ogling that one up for a few weeks. Maybe after I replenish my knife funds...

The edge looks a bit thick in the photos. Anyone care to comment?
It's a deep hollow grind so the edge is pretty thin. I've reprofiled mine to 30° and it's 0.027" behind edge.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Well, Tom is getting into the folder market, perhaps Spyderco could be the first (hopefully only company) to organize a folder colaboration? :)

I have the Pocket Bowie by Tom Krein via Boker Plus. It's in my pocket right now. I need to adjust the retension of the kydex sheath because it is too tight for my liking.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Cool looking utility-type knife. Will wait for the Spyderco version...do you think they'd make one???
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
tanrichguy

Post by tanrichguy »

Hey Doc,

Dagon (a forum member) has a review of the Pocket Bowie on YouTube. His YT name is MrDagon007 I think. It looks like a very cool little knife-little being the operative word. Krein has several colabs with Böker. I would very much like to see a colab with Spyderco sometime in the future.

Cheers!
Spyderco C60P Massad Ayoob avatar courtesy of Dialex.
gac

Post by gac »

Neat looking blade. I'm glad you posted about it.