Back order blues

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
chambers

Back order blues

Post by chambers »

I got a freakin problem,
(da,da, da, da-dum)
I can't buy no Spydercos
(da, da, da, da-dum)

It's way too early for me to be able to pull this off in blues riff format but that's what's going through my head.
I cannot seem to buy a knife these days without being bit by the backorder monster. Check this out.

Two months back I decided, I've been good, I need a new knife. I settled on a Bradley Meyhem Bali so I called up my buddy who's got a shop and said make it so. Two weeks later I called for an update. "Oh, it's on back order." I figured, fine, I'll live.

A few weeks past that I saw that Benchmade is about to release a new Bali too, So I called my bud again. "Get me one of these when it comes out" I know that it hasn't been released yet so I was ok with the wait.

like 3 days later I realized I was suffering from withdrawl. Like, bad. I had ordered two knives and neither one of them were coming. Twitch, twitch. I couldn't take it. I needed a knife. Where to turn? Who could I depend on for a knife NOW? Spyderco! I need a Spyderco, yeah! Call friend. "Dude. I need a knfe now. Deliver unto me a Spyderco Street Beat." "Sure man, I'll get that ordered" A week goes by and I check back. Guess what? "Yeah, it's on back order."

Aaaaaaauuuuugggggghhhhh! I'm Charlie Brown and that @#$(^%# Just pulled the football away from me AGAIN. Fine, Be that way I'll use the power of the internet and order a Spyderco myself!

So I noodled around and found a Spyderco Rock Salt for $124. Thought that was a pretty good price so I snapped it up. Waited 2 days and noticed I hadn't received a shipping confirmation yet. I started reading the website in question "We don't list whether or not we have an item in stock so if something is on back order it may take up to 14 days for us to ship your item"

It took surgery to remove the keyboard keys from my forehead.
I could cry. (I'm on day 12 now so I'm pretty sure the Rock Salt is on Back order)

I snapped.

I went to ebay and found a Ti-Lum (Chinese) for what seemed like a reasonable price and "Bought it now"
I feel better now.

I am still twitchy waiting for the Rock Salt and Street Beat.
Could care less about the other two anymore.
:spyder: Spyder bit. :spyder: Still no super powers though...
Donut

Post by Donut »

What is worse is that the Rock Salt is discontinued. Hopefully they get ahold of one to ship to you!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Then one day all of them pop up at the same time and you'll be having knifegasms all day. :D
chambers

Post by chambers »

Creepo wrote:Then one day all of them pop up at the same time and you'll be having knifegasms all day. :D
Oh please. Please let that happen. (until my cc bill hits :D )
chambers

Post by chambers »

Donut wrote:What is worse is that the Rock Salt is discontinued. Hopefully they get ahold of one to ship to you!
Knowing it was discontinued is what made me pull the trigger. Thanks for posting the reminder. I got tired of waiting and called company in question, may they rot in, some place bad.

After waiting for 12 of the 14 days I was supposed to for order confirmation I had to say "yeah, that's on back order and has been discontinued by the manufacturer hasn't it?"
"you're not going to send me the Rock Salt are you?"
After a short and pointed answer that rhymes with "go" from the rep I suggested that they try something painfully biological and geographically impossible that might best be labled "Crainal Rectal Impaction" and then wished them a bad day and hung up.

I am debating buying a Street Beat now rather than waiting for the back ordered one to come in. Grumble, grumble.

Oh hey, look at my Lum! Shiny

*gets distracted and wanders off*