TSA and "Tactical Pens"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Went through security twice 2 months ago, dressed for an interview. While they commented on the steel shanks in my dress shoes, they didn't say anything about the inova x5 in my briefcase or steel pens in my jacket.

Like anything else, perception is key. The further you can fade into the background of their minds and memory, the less they are to pay attention to you.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

In the eyes of the TSA,

The pen is mightier than the sword. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Easy way around this new bit of nonsense from the TSA . . . Carry a metal pen that isn't advertised as being "tactical."
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Right you are monocrom! ;)
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

Monocrom wrote:Easy way around this new bit of nonsense from the TSA . . . Carry a metal pen that isn't advertised as being "tactical."
When I read the first post, I immediately thought, "Next new product line, the Non-tactical line of tactical pens."
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

sarguy wrote:When I read the first post, I immediately thought, "Next new product line, the Non-tactical line of tactical pens."
hmmm would give new meaning to "Tactless Pens"....Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

All I have to say is, thank goodness the TSA is here to save us from ourselves. What would we do without them???
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Jimd wrote:All I have to say is, thank goodness the TSA is here to save us from ourselves. What would we do without them???
Not have to arrive at the airport two full hours before the flight is scheduled to take off.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: