Good dual knife sheaths?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SolidState

Good dual knife sheaths?

Post by SolidState »

Do these exist?

What do I have to keep in mind when designing one? I have some ideas. I've been working on figuring out how pliable some of the plastics can be when softened, and how far I can process it with a minimal setup.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

SolidState wrote:Do these exist?

What do I have to keep in mind when designing one? I have some ideas. I've been working on figuring out how pliable some of the plastics can be when softened, and how far I can process it with a minimal setup.

Fixed or folder? My father had a fixed blade set when I was a kid. It had a small blade that sat on top of the larger knife. The sheath was made out of leather. With the tips both at the bottom of the sheath they were both easy to get to. With matching handles I remember it being a real attention getter. I haven't thought about it in years. I wonder if he still has it.

Check out the sheaths at the site below. I may get either the double or single but they look kind of bulky for EDC. I'm thinking about them for tool belt use.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/DOU ... tm#details

Jack
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I do not know if this is what your after but I have seen some guys "piggy back" the sheath for the smaller knife on the larger one.

Let me find you some pictures
This is what I am talking about http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... ack+sheath

Agian, do not know if thats what you are after, just thought I'd try.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Craig Wheatley made me a dual IWB/rear sheath for my millies. Pivots set a couple inches apart, with the handles at ~45 deg (with the slight curve making it feel more like 30).

I do seem to recall folks on BFC stacking kydex sheaths via chicago screws.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

vampyrewolf wrote:Craig Wheatley made me a dual IWB/rear sheath for my millies. Pivots set a couple inches apart, with the handles at ~45 deg (with the slight curve making it feel more like 30).

I do seem to recall folks on BFC stacking kydex sheaths via chicago screws.
Your sheath sounds exactly like what I want for some fixed blades. I'm looking for a v-shaped sheath with left and right access that will fit in the small of my back and attach to my belt.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

SolidState wrote:Your sheath sounds exactly like what I want for some fixed blades. I'm looking for a v-shaped sheath with left and right access that will fit in the small of my back and attach to my belt.
I just had to poke through email, I don't have any pics of it.
I'll see if I can get a workable shot for you.

I had it done for comfortable concealment. Tshirt tucked in, rig IWB, and my light vest is enough to hide it.
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Saskatoon has a heck of a particle accelerator, you wouldn't happen to work there would you?
Sir Humphry Davy
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

SolidState wrote:Saskatoon has a heck of a particle accelerator, you wouldn't happen to work there would you?
Nope, I'm in QA at Vecima. But a few of our good techs have left to go work at the CLS.

And I'm waiting on a letter to get me out of here and up to Fort Mcmurray.