Bag or not to bag

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

Bag or no bag

Have multiple bags everywhere
36%
One bag for everywhere
33%
No bag
31%

Total votes: 36

LDB

Post by LDB »

EDC, is that everyday carry or something else?
ConsummateProfessional

Post by ConsummateProfessional »

Oakley Icon 3.0
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I try to coordinate my dress color wise so I can match her bag.
Wow Doc, I never pictured you as one to wear a dress! ;) :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

LDB wrote:EDC, is that everyday carry or something else?
EDC does mean Every Day Carry.

I thought there were enough acronyms in the world then I started reading these forums and guess what? More acronyms.

Jack
Wicca_Is_Good

Post by Wicca_Is_Good »

when i'm not at work my EDC bag is a maxpedition colossus with a condor ma26 pouch & maxpedition m1 waist pack added with the molle webbing feature. i carry a leatherman, a small novatac light, pens/pencils/paper, lighter& that's about it, but sometimes i do have my glock in the ccw compartment. so the bag stays quite light really. it's mostly empty incase i'm out & buy something i can carry it in the bag, which i carry cross shoulder. so long as there's no gun in the bag the bag can easily be left in the truck or carried without any real hassle.

i'd just rather have one bag i carry around with me than buying 3 or 4 of everything.
gac

Post by gac »

The only bag I have is a duffel bag in my car with a spare change of clothes.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

The Deacon wrote:"... Carry a bag when I hike, mainly for my camera gear, but also holds a bunch of other stuff. Keep a bag in my car with spare clothes. Warm weather version holds sneakers, sox, swim trunks, towel, t-shirt, and a light jacket. Cold weather one holds a pair of oversize jeans, sweat shirt, heavy jacket, gloves, boots, and sox. …"
+1 on all of the above.

Also, have recently added mini "survival" kits to all 3 cars, and have a family bug-out bag (including few substantial fixed blades) at the ready.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Oh yeah, also carry a laptop backpack every day to work, which also holds a leatherman tool, flashlight, various electronic toys, often a spare knife ('cause I couldn't decide), sunglasses, books, leather folio, etc, etc ...

The "every day" part would likely explain why I forgot that one!
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Bags, bags and more bags. I carry a Maxpedition fat boy everyday with all my necessities. I have a couple of messenger bags as well. One is Timbuk2 and the other is..well ****, it's Timbuk2 as well. Then I have an ammo bag that has my BOB gear in it. Then I have a high Sierra internal frame pack that stays packed with all my camping stuff. So yes, I am a bagaholic.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
TrojanDonkey

Post by TrojanDonkey »

I have a cheap bag in my vehicle with a flashlight,batteries,lighter,magnesium firestarter,leatherman multitool and a Spydie Mariner and a NAA mini revolver and a box of ammo-oh keep a pack of propel waters behind my seat.Hatchet and cheap bow saw is in cargo area with paracord and tarp and metal oven rack-just in case.I also keep an old H&R .410 in one of my tarps with ammo.In my house I have a maxpedition bag with a 9mm and several magazines,a flashlight/batteries a buck nighthawk,two walkie talkies,medicines for the family,INFORMATON not on my cell phone first aid kit and paracord.I worry about natural disasters and being stuck on the interstate-be prepared.