I had a dream

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
M4Life

Re: I had a dream

Post by M4Life »

Sounds like a good dream :D .
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
Gevatter

Post by Gevatter »

I had a dream last week in which I rode my bike through an old arabic town. It was a mystical night and the streets were dimly lit. In an alley I found a gun store and I wanted to buy a Military. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw familiar high quality knives but the store owner and I had communication problems and he kept offering me cheap arabic daggers and plutonium.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:01 pm
ThePeacent wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:56 am
Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:50 am

As for reduced performance over time, have you ever seen a SE H1 blade sharpened so much that the teeth were nearly ground off?
yes, on eBay

Oftentimes under the "Barely Used" description :p

I'd snag one of those for cheap and continue sharpening it until the teeth are gone and see how the edge retention is.
I have a tasman salt I bought when they first came out that has been reground heavily, losing a lot of steel. Somewhere I've posted pictures of it here.

If you want I can send it to you and you can try it out. If you take me up on that you're welcome to sharpen it a bunch to get to even deeper steel.
:unicorn
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've spent most of today in bed with a migraine. I just woke up after dreaming that I had picked up my Cruwear Shaman and noticed a huge chip on the blade and I was trying to figure out how it happened. As I was opening and closing the knife the missing chunk of edge came out from inside the pivot and scratched a big circle around the side of the blade and cut a notch into the micarta scale.

Nightmares suck.

😭
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don’t have many knife dreams. I once had one about my Benchmade 705 (yeah, it was a long time ago). The blade kept on growing and thickening as the dream progressed, to the point that it became about as thick and sharp as a pizza crust. The rational part of my dream-self thought, “Who had the idea to design a knife, an instrument intended to cut things with, with an edge like this?” The edge even started to flake a bit, like dry bread, and the handle became different. Then I woke up and thought, “ That was a weird dream.”

Jim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just woke up from a dream...I was doing the testing with this Caribbean, where I was trying to carve into the beef bone. I was working at it pretty good and the edge was mostly sliding off the side of the bone but after a while I started making progress and started actually shaving good amounts of bone off until it started to seem like I was carving into a piece of soap. I was pretty impressed with the progress so I looked at the edge to see if there was any damage, and saw that I had wore off all the serrations from the first half of the blade.

Then I just got out of bed because I can't go back to sleep after a nightmare like that :eek:
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Lol :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I had a dream today.

I was on the South Side of Chicago in a bad part of town. I was at a gas station, and the attendant told me to go get so-and-so sitting in his car. I did not catch the name. The car was parked on the street, and it was a very large full size car. It reminded me of an old 80's or 90's Cadillac.

I told the driver the attendant wanted him and he said, "Hop in." So I jumped in the passenger seat for the ride back to the gas station. The driver starts driving at a high rate of speed, passing the gas station, and through this very run down neighborhood. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for the guy to go to the gas station or pull over and let me out.

The driver goes to the gas station, and as he enters the lot, barely hits a brand new shiny stainless street light. I see the light fall into the street behind us. The driver drives through the gas station and does not stop, instead he accelerates quickly back out on to the street and heads to a worse side of town than where we were. He is part of a team that wants me dead.

I jump in to the backseat as he is approaching 60+ MPH, and grab him by the face before we head in to a viaduct going to the other neighborhood. I pull his head back to expose his throat, and flick open my folder with my left hand....then the knife appears in my right hand, and I cut his throat twice, but there is little to no blood. So I really lean in to the cut and take him out.

Then I woke up....
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:29 pm
I had a dream today.

I was on the South Side of Chicago in a bad part of town. I was at a gas station, and the attendant told me to go get so-and-so sitting in his car. I did not catch the name. The car was parked on the street, and it was a very large full size car. It reminded me of an old 80's or 90's Cadillac.

I told the driver the attendant wanted him and he said, "Hop in." So I jumped in the passenger seat for the ride back to the gas station. The driver starts driving at a high rate of speed, passing the gas station, and through this very run down neighborhood. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for the guy to go to the gas station or pull over and let me out.

The driver goes to the gas station, and as he enters the lot, barely hits a brand new shiny stainless street light. I see the light fall into the street behind us. The driver drives through the gas station and does not stop, instead he accelerates quickly back out on to the street and heads to a worse side of town than where we were. He is part of a team that wants me dead.

I jump in to the backseat as he is approaching 60+ MPH, and grab him by the face before we head in to a viaduct going to the other neighborhood. I pull his head back to expose his throat, and flick open my folder with my left hand....then the knife appears in my right hand, and I cut his throat twice, but there is little to no blood. So I really lean in to the cut and take him out.

Then I woke up....

:eek:

Very vivid detail, Naperville.

My own dreams very rarely feature knives, but coincidentally, this morning, right before I awoke, I had a long and complex dream with a couple knives in it. I somehow bought or was given a couple of identical large folders with black handles and pocket clips. They weren’t any particular brand, but my dream-self understood that they were quality. That’s about as far as the knife content in this dream goes.

The dream was weird, though. To cut the long details short, at one point I found myself walking around in a crowded shopping mall in Hong Kong, barefoot, with two of the blankets I sleep in wrapped around me and over my head like a hoodie. As I stepped onto an escalator, I suddenly thought, “I must look stupid walking around with my blankets, like a baby. What the **** am I doing here, anyway? Why did I even come back here?” (The last time I actually visited Hong Kong was back in 1990, during the period I was living in Taiwan). But in the dream, Hong Kong didn’t look or feel like Hong Kong; it looked more like here. Then I woke up shortly afterwards. Lol.

Jim
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I was freaked out when I woke up. I cannot recall a dream using a knife before. So vivid!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

I used to have knife dreams all the time as a young boy... :rolleyes:
"Some call me...Tim?"
max808

Post by max808 »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:12 am
I had a dream last night that me and my mother were fishing (which is common) and we were on a river bank walking to find a good spot to fish and i came across a folder laying on the ground. I picked it up and there was another one under it, and another one under it, and then a bunch more under some leaves, then a huge fixed blade over here, then a bunch more over here, and i just kept picking them up and cramming them into my pockets until i could barely walk from all the weight.

You know how sometimes in a dream you'll dream about someone but you never see their face...you just know it's them in the dream? Well it was like they were all Spydies but i couldn't tell you the models...but i do remember seeing a bunch of orange handles for some reason and the one model i do remember was a Warrior that i kept trying to stick down the front of my pants. It was like i had just found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and i had to collect the goodies before the leprechaun came back. I got everything and scurried back to the truck and unloaded everything, and then woke up.

:cool:
😂
Hilarious stuff, had me laughing hard, thank you for that.
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Had a dream last night that I pulled my Autonomy out of my pocket and the pivot and fire button were falling apart in my hand. The more I touched it and tried to figure out what was wrong, the more screws and parts kept falling out until I wasn't even holding a knife anymore, it was just a pile of parts and screws in my hands.

I woke up about a half hour ago with a migraine. :cussing
~David
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I had a dream I was with Bloke and we ran out of beer ! :) Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:34 am
Some would call that a nightmare.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:57 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:34 am
Some would call that a nightmare.
Ha ha ha buddy !
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Had a dream last night that I had wore the serrations on my Autonomy practically down to stubs, only the top parts of the scallops were left on the blade and the edge was so blunt it was wide and thick and flat.

Oh the horror 😱
~David
James Y

Post by James Y »

I dreamed last night that I could get an affordable (Byrd-level pricing), high-quality, legal-to-carry gravity knife, so I was handling some examples of the same model. It had about a 4" + blade, which had a similar shape to a typical Latin-style machete, and had like a stone-washed finish.

The first sample had a perfect edge grind, but there was slight blade play. So I checked a second sample, and there was no blade play at all. So I put the first one back. Then I examined the edge, and the part that swept up towards the tip had only thin, obtuse bevels that were not sharp at all (similar to an actual machete), compared to the first example. So I was trying to figure out if I could accept an example with slight blade play and great edge bevels along the entire edge, or zero blade play and obtuse bevels on the upsweep towards the tip. Not even thinking that I could just reprofile the edge bevels on the example without the blade play.

Interesting dream for me because, even though the knife model doesn't exist, I could see the two examples of it in vivid detail, including the handles, the blade finish and the grind lines on the edge bevels, and the sensation of feeling the relative edge sharpness.

Jim
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:12 am
I had a dream last night that me and my mother were fishing (which is common) and we were on a river bank walking to find a good spot to fish and i came across a folder laying on the ground. I picked it up and there was another one under it, and another one under it, and then a bunch more under some leaves, then a huge fixed blade over here, then a bunch more over here, and i just kept picking them up and cramming them into my pockets until i could barely walk from all the weight.

You know how sometimes in a dream you'll dream about someone but you never see their face...you just know it's them in the dream? Well it was like they were all Spydies but i couldn't tell you the models...but i do remember seeing a bunch of orange handles for some reason and the one model i do remember was a Warrior that i kept trying to stick down the front of my pants. It was like i had just found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and i had to collect the goodies before the leprechaun came back. I got everything and scurried back to the truck and unloaded everything, and then woke up.

:cool:
Good story!
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.