I had a dream

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:quote by EvilD "I got everything and scurried back to the truck and unloaded everything, and then woke up......Doc :p
The truck in his DREAM... :D
thewannabesurvivalist
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

HellHound wrote:The truck in his DREAM... :D
That's what I'm saying!!!...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have had many :spydie: - related dreams, sometimes of models I'd like and sometimes models that have not been made yet. I don't think any of the designs are as practical as I seemed to think in the dream, or I would be working on or submitting them for consideration.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

What?

No fish?

Jack
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

and they were all free!! Good dreams dont come cheap??
GohawnFG

Post by GohawnFG »

When I ordered a Spyderco Bug for my girlfriend, I had a dream about it the night before it arrived. I insanely love receiving packages and opening them, so I was really excited when I went to bed. I dreamt that when I tore open the package and took out the knife, it split into three pieces, lengthwise :confused: as if you took three Bugs, opened them and stacked them on top of each other. The problem was, the first bug that "peeled off" was made of lined paper. The second one had a reverse S blade, which was as thick as the back lock on a Delica, and obviously not sharp. And the last piece was a fixed blade :eek: I was completely horrified and confused. Then I woke up and ran to the mailbox to get the box, opened it, and was relieved that it was a sharp, folding Bug in one piece :D

The horror almost repeated when I was waiting for the Honeybee to arrive. Except this time, the only thing wrong was that it was missing the box. Dreams are so complicated sometimes.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Today's Spyderco dream.....

I'm in this big 4wd truck with my uncle, and we're driving through some muddy trails out in the country (not something i ever do, which is odd in itself). We come into a big clearing with a large body of water, so i'm driving down the edge of the bank. Suddenly we spot these two crawfish/lobster things that are enormous....like 4 feet wide and probably 8 feet long at the edge of the water. My uncle says "i'm gonna go catch one" and i keep telling him they're huge they'll pull you into the lake but he goes after one anyway, so i get out of the truck. As soon as i get close, out of nowhere comes my chihuahua Lucy, who is barking and flipping out on these things (and mind you she's like the size of a man's boot so in comparison she's tiny). Well, one of them grabs her and tries to eat her, so i jump on its back so it can't swim out into the water, and pull out my Centofante 4 from my right pocket (my current EDC lol) and start stabbing this thing in the back of the head until it's dead. Then my alarm wakes me up.

:)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Friken alarm ! #@*(&)
I reckon you coulda done some real damage to the pair of em with that Cento 4 given a bit more time. Stupid **** clock didn't even give you enough time to cook the one that you had. Make bloody good eating I susspect. Go back there tonight & finnish the job, hey. :D
O.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I see a truck theme going on in these dreams...i don't even own a truck :confused:
~David
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Yeah!, that green 85 Ford :p
O.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Dude, you got it as bad as me. I don't know if that is a good dream or bad one, because when you woke up you had nothing in your pants. Well, except for the bloody stub of course.
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

I've had one where I was loving my new green flat ground Endura. I woke up and was very disappointed because I do not own that knife.

In another I was trying to get into the drivers seat on my truck and there was a big pile of Spidies I had to move before I could get in. There is a wierd truck theme going on here isn't there?
Spyder Count: 7
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well my latest dream was that i was using my Para 2, and the blade was brittle and everything i touched chipped pieces off the blade, until i was down to a nub :(

It was traumatizing.
~David
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I had a dream where I was in a shop full of Spydies on glass displays... and the best part was they were on crazy sale and were only a dollar. So I grabbed this shopping cart, and just started dumping them in. Then... I woke up. :(
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Yesterday I had a wet dream...it was all about H1....Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh man, last night was a nightmare. It was so bad i jumped up when i woke up. Someone had needed to stay the night at my place, like a forum member or something so they did. The next morning they packed up and left. Later that day i reach into my pocket to pull out my Para 2 and i get some kind of Kershaw assisted open flipper and i'm like WTF is this? So i go into my Spydie stash (which in the dream was like a big black suitcase) and it's EMPTY. This person cleaned me out. I got on the forums and his account was gone, i didn't have an email or phone number or anything, and then it was like i had this moment of "this has to be a dream" and i woke myself up.

:(
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So I had another fun dream last night (by fun I mean extremely stressful). I'm in the middle of a deal to get a M4 Manix 2 and I guess it's weighing on my mind a lot. I dreamed that I drove 4 hours to pick it up, and was playing with it when Chuck (our own Philippino forumite) came over and said "you realize that's fake right"? So then I got super mad and nearly beat the guy half to death for making me drive 4 hours to buy a fake. Then the dream switches to me outside the guys house or something, and it's me and a bunch of work buddies standing around his car, and I'm peeing all over the interior. Then it switches to me mowing my grass and the guy comes wandering into my yard so I chase him with the mower held up over my head still running. It's a good thing it's hard to run while carrying a running push mower or I'd have fed it to the guy. It all sounds kind of funny but it was so stressful I couldn't sleep and kept going back into the same dream when I'd drift to sleep. So I'm at work running on about 3 hours of interrupted sleep.
~David
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Are you by chance trying to quit smoking and taking Chantix? I've heard that causes really strange dreams :D .

On two different occasions now I've gone camping (with different groups) and the next morning they tell my I was laughing and talking loudly in my sleep. Since I live along I have no idea if that has become a nightly occurrence, guess I need to set up a recorder to find out if I do that every night :) . And I don't take Chantix and have never smoked :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nope neither for me, and I usually have pretty common/boring dreams except for a few that I've posted here.
~David
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Evil D wrote:I...then woke up. :cool:
DANGIT! I just hate it when that happens to me. :( I've had many dreams that were just too incredible to describe. However, it seems that just when everything is becoming too good to be true, my subconscious reasoning kicks in and I hear it telling me, "Uh, you do know this is just a dream, right?" I then groan to myself and say, "Yeah. Just give me a few more minutes... Just a few more minutes." :) Then the alarm goes off. AAAARRRRGGGGHH. Pretty cool story, Evil. On a side note, I wonder if any of the knives you found at Spyder River happened to be any of the 2013 Sprints? If so, which one did you like the best? ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal