AnyBody Vaporizing?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

AnyBody Vaporizing?

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

For the past week I have been Vaporizing..what is that you say?....Well I'm a long time smoker of cigs....really enjoy it..but it is a problem as I know they are not great for me, can quit at any time cause I have strong will power...but I don't cause I like to smoke. This week while walking through the local Mall I saw a booth selling E-Cigarettes, (Electronic) No Smoke, Just some Vapors, but it's like smoke kinda or at least the same sensation, minus the hot throat....No Tar, No toxic chemicals according to some research, Don't smell like an ashtray anymore, doesn't bother my wife who has asthma, Don't have to go outside anymore to smoke, Saving a whole bunch of money now that cigs in NY run between $10-$15 per pack.... Can smoke in the car again...and best of all I'm not bothering non-smokers by vaporizing in their company.... It does give me my nicotine fix, they come rechargeable with different flavors (I'm not intending to go crazy here with flavor vapors) But I must say I am very satisfied with a couple of puffs on my E-Cig a few times a day...and have basically quit smoking regular cigarettes for about a week now and I feel great, I am still getting my Nicotine, so no weight gain, or crazy cravings or even irritability....I'm breathing a whole lot better...and not craving any real cigs.I know it's a trade up from smoking real cigs...and I'm still taking in Nicotine, but I plan to lower my Nicotine levels over time and you can buy these things even without Nicotine...which might be fine with me.....Most Vaporizers don't consider themselves smokers anymore, I'm gonna think I'm still smoking, cause I like to smoke...but seems like a slightly healthier alternative. Just sharing some thoughts here for the smokers, who might want to give it a try...they even make disposable ones with about 300 puffs, so for a small investment you can try it out for the cost of a normal pack, which will last for at least two pack in duration. Anybody else here using E-Cigs and vaporizing as they call it?...Just wondering what your thoughts are...and don't anyone tell me to quit and how it's going to be better for me, I get that all day long from people who love me...not gonna happen...at least just not right now.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I think that's great Doc. I was the same, only smoking because I really enjoyed it. I did quit, but if I would have had a vaporizer I would sure have done it differently, on a different schedule.

I've heard of guys using those to smoke weed. They report the same advantages you have with Tobacco.

I lost a few relatives to the affects of cigarettes so anything you do to reduce the tar and other bad stuff is a good thing IMO.

$10 -15 per pack is pretty amazing. I remember my army days, getting cartons in the PX and commisary for a bit over $4.

I'm not sure what they cost here nowadays but I'm pretty sure it's a lot less than what you're paying.

:)
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I had heard of these, Doc, but have never tried it. Might try out the disposable one and see how it works.

$10-15 a pack? Holy crap. I thought the 6 or 7 each when I was in NYC in 2004 was harsh.. Then again, it's getting close to that here in NC now, which is of course just ridiculous because I could drive along a country highway in bloody near any county in this state, pick some tobacco leaves myself from a field or roadside and make my own smokes for free :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Good luck Doc. Anything you can do to get off the smokes is going to benefit you in the long run.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Nope. Quit cigarettes cold turkey nearly six years ago and I have no desire to revive my nicotine addiction, no matter how. But if that gizmo gets you off regular cigarettes and has no harmful downside of its own, then it's a step in the right direction for you.

Think New York is going to lose money on this new tax. Folks are either quitting, or looking to other sources. A lot of the smokers in this area are simply driving to VT or MA. At roughly $2 less a pack in both those states and a 20 or 30 mile drive to the border, someone who smokes a pack a day or more, can burn $10 or less worth of gas and invest a hour or so of their time to save $60 or more on a month's supply of butts. VT stores along the border are already reporting that cigarette sales are up.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

$15 a pack? Seriously? Really?

And people have a 2 pack a day habit?

So at that rate that's $900 a month if you buy per the pack.

I can't even imagine. You may as well take up coke for that price and skip lung cancer while you're at it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Have to admit that when I first read the title, I though Doc had added a portable particle beam weapon to his EDC arsenal.
Paul
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

At first thought this was a thread bout pot..... :D anywho the healthier alternative sounds like a great idea. I smoke 2-4 smokes a day ,some times more if I have any tence expierences during the day. With a job like yours ,Doc, I can imagine you need that nicotine pretty bad.
thewannabesurvivalist
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

vap technology is so incredible. research it

volcano vap digi -solid valve kit- (top and bottom) $64:p ;)
x-mas gift to my self last year. i got some cooool pics around xmas. so healthy. more effective...
tanrichguy

Post by tanrichguy »

Doc I live in Nassau County. $10/pack average out here. Good thing I quit my pack a day habit. It's been 52 days now. I am using the patch. Got the first couple weeks free through that ny quits website, then it's $30 every two weeks. They are working well. I haven't cheated-or wanted to cheat.

I was spending $300/month on cigs even before the price increase! Now I have transfered that money to my knife addiction instead. Much better for my health!

I loved to smoke too but i'll tell you I feel better than I have in years. Good luck! Quit if you can you won't regret it.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

The Deacon wrote:Have to admit that when I first read the title, I though Doc had added a portable particle beam weapon to his EDC arsenal.
Now that's a thought!...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

tanrichguy wrote:Doc I live in Nassau County. $10/pack average out here. Good thing I quit my pack a day habit. It's been 52 days now. I am using the patch. Got the first couple weeks free through that ny quits website, then it's $30 every two weeks. They are working well. I haven't cheated-or wanted to cheat.

I was spending $300/month on cigs even before the price increase! Now I have transfered that money to my knife addiction instead. Much better for my health!

I loved to smoke too but i'll tell you I feel better than I have in years. Good luck! Quit if you can you won't regret it.
I'm out in Suffolk, Most places here it's between 9-10 a pack...in the city and at some price inflated gas stations HERE they are charging up to $14.95... Gee I remember when a pack was 35 Cents...Boy am I getting old..LOL..Doc :D

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The electronic cigas are pretty cool. I don't smoke cigs but my buddy bought the ecig and I tried it. I find its like smoking a hookah almost. Very smooth and the tobacco flavor is kinda sweet. My girlfiriends father smokes it inside his house and real cigs outside
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

There has been a lot of discussion about the real benefits of these things. Even though some may tell you they are approved by the FDA they really aren't. In fact I remember a while ago the FDA releasing something saying the flavors in those things are potentially hazardous. Now how much more hazardous than cigs? Not sure. But I gotta say, if something sounds too good to be true, you can pretty much bet there will be a catch. I wouldn't want to figure out exactly what that catch is.

And BTW Doc, I've known plenty of smokers and have grown up around many of them through the years. I've watched people go from non-smokers to smokers. And EVERY single smoker I've ever known has held this one single thing in common- they have all at once used the phrase " I can quit anytime I want". Quit now my friend.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

reading that last night almost made it impossible to light up a regular ciggy

i hate smoking but i started along time ago.

keep us updated on this vaporizing technique
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

I just picked up a enjoi 510 kit and and an assortment of juices. I need to stop smoking...

Thanks for the thread Doc....
9 er's.....

Latest :spyder:s...C173G, SC90FPGYE, C81GPGR2...
swanseajack

Post by swanseajack »

My mother and brother have given up tobacco with the esmoke thingy. I have one but I'm still trying it out..
I find Snus better.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

The Deacon wrote:Have to admit that when I first read the title, I though Doc had added a portable particle beam weapon to his EDC arsenal.
I thought he meant the 200 degree weather. :D

Great to hear though. Not only does it do good to you, but to everyone else around you especially family. I'm really happy for you Doc!
Slick

Post by Slick »

I have a friend who makes and sells vaporizers. I doubt many of his customers are looking for a path to quit tobacco products.

I am surpised to learn there is a possibly legitimate use of a vaporizer. Not that my friend could possibly had any idea of illegitimate uses.

Edit: I'm going to have to learn just what a vaporizer is.
Not really all that slick ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Seems there are now either three very different devices called vaporizers, or three very diverse uses for the same device. When I was a kid, and suffered a lot from bronchitis, I spent a lot of time in front of one of these sniffing Vicks.
Paul