New carbon fiber on my benz

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
VADER1313

New carbon fiber on my benz

Post by VADER1313 »

So you guys like CF knives, Check out what we do to Euro cars. The front has a CF lip too. This is a Matte Black CF rear diffuser for my Night Rider.
Pic of the car, and me getting yanked for no front plate..
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

very cool. glad i dont live in cali though
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

WOW what a sexy Benz!!!! Love carbon fiber on cars... That is definitely a great lookin ride :D :D
Vic
carpdiem

Post by carpdiem »

That's a gorgeous ride. What year is it?
carpdiem

Post by carpdiem »

On second glance, does your license plate border actually say "Renntech" ?

Because it looks an awful lot like it does... O_O
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Nice E-55....I'm a Benz nut almost as bad as my addition to knives...Currently I have an E500-4matic 2004 with Driving Dynamic Seats..and a C280-4matic 2006...I am currently looking to buy a CLK500 2006 and an SLK2008...the search continues for the right one....I have owned in the past, 190SL 1961, 240D 1985, 380SL 1983, 220seb-coupe 1963, 280SL 1971, 300D 1985, 300SD Turbo 1981, 450SL 1999, CLK500 2003...I miss the 190sl the most...If I find a clean one...well then it will sit in my garage forever..LOL....I must admit your E-55 is a sweet ride....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Vader, nice looking E-Class you have there, looks really good in black.

Doc, might I suggest you end your Benz list by finding a CLK63 AMG Black Series? One ridiculously nice Benz. For me, that is "The" Merc to get, although for roughly the same price I would most likely go for an Aston Martin V8 Vantage... but that's just me :D .

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

CanisMajor wrote:Vader, nice looking E-Class you have there, looks really good in black.

Doc, might I suggest you end your Benz list by finding a CLK63 AMG Black Series? One ridiculously nice Benz. For me, that is "The" Merc to get, although for roughly the same price I would most likely go for an Aston Martin V8 Vantage... but that's just me :D .

Canis
Yes I have to agree...but the CLK is for the wife and that CLK63 with top speed of 186mph (electronically limited) is probably a little more power and speed than she needs for her local trip to the supermarket...LOL...now if it were for me....well that's another story.....the Martin Vantage would be tempting for sure.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Yes I have to agree...but the CLK is for the wife and that CLK63 with top speed of 186mph (electronically limited) is probably a little more power and speed than she needs for her local trip to the supermarket...LOL...now if it were for me....well that's another story.....the Martin Vantage would be tempting for sure.....Doc :D
Well as a positive note, she would be able to get all the cold stuff home before it even had a chance to warm up :p . I get what you mean too much power, would be nice to have if you lived around a race track, say like the Nurburgring. :D

Vader, you plan on modding your car more, maybe in the future? It looks really good.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

carpdiem wrote:that's a gorgeous ride. What year is it?
thanx buddy, 06 e55 amg
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

Buckles wrote:very cool. glad i dont live in cali though
I put the front plate on, these broke *** cops got nothing better to do than get money off the middle class, it's a joke. I never ran plates for years on any of my cars, then we go broke and they start hammering you with tickets.
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

carpdiem wrote:On second glance, does your license plate border actually say "Renntech" ?

Because it looks an awful lot like it does... O_O
Yeah I have RennTech Aftermarket parts.
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Nice E-55....I'm a Benz nut almost as bad as my addition to knives...Currently I have an E500-4matic 2004 with Driving Dynamic Seats..and a C280-4matic 2006...I am currently looking to buy a CLK500 2006 and an SLK2008...the search continues for the right one....I have owned in the past, 190SL 1961, 240D 1985, 380SL 1983, 220seb-coupe 1963, 280SL 1971, 300D 1985, 300SD Turbo 1981, 450SL 1999, CLK500 2003...I miss the 190sl the most...If I find a clean one...well then it will sit in my garage forever..LOL....I must admit your E-55 is a sweet ride....Doc :D
Nice man, join us over on mbworld.org, I want a CLK Black series next..
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

CanisMajor wrote:Vader, nice looking E-Class you have there, looks really good in black.

Canis
Seems Doc is cool with the 500's The AMGs can bit a bit too much for some ppl and he seems to want AWD. Might live in the snow and a RWD CLK BS would be a nightmare.
I had a Porsche GT3 996. I loved it but for daily driving it sucked. I drove the Black Series and I love it, It's like the GT3 but more Lux and easy to take the potholes here in LA. The E55 is a big fast boat, I like performance cars over Lux, but the E55 is a great mix of power and lux, performance lacks in the handling dept but that because it's so big. I destroy a lot of people who think they are fast, they do not know this thing is stock almost 500 HP, so the speed and TQ make up for it.
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Yes I have to agree...but the CLK is for the wife and that CLK63 with top speed of 186mph (electronically limited) is probably a little more power and speed than she needs for her local trip to the supermarket...LOL...now if it were for me....well that's another story.....the Martin Vantage would be tempting for sure.....Doc :D
The Aston is going to COST you, Benz has a great Warranty and you can get them factory Starmarked uo to 100,000 miles.
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

CanisMajor wrote:Well as a positive note, she would be able to get all the cold stuff home before it even had a chance to warm up :p . I get what you mean too much power, would be nice to have if you lived around a race track, say like the Nurburgring. :D

Vader, you plan on modding your car more, maybe in the future? It looks really good.

Canis
Oh yeah it never ends. Looking to do the Stage 3 Renntech Underdrive pully Upgrade and other goodies, it ad a ton of more power.
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Very nice ride, Vader.

I'd love to have one of these:

[url=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/url]
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Doc Pyres wrote:Very nice ride, Vader.

I'd love to have one of these:

[url=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LOpIN ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/url]
Ahhhh. when that car reaches 317 km/h the steering wheel begins to shake....I'd pass on that one....LOL......Doc :D
0-100km in 3.7 seconds.....INSANE!!!!.... :eek:

cyberspyder

Post by cyberspyder »

I'm content with my Godzirra. :D

I BLEED TOXIC GREEN
:spyder: SPYDIE NUT
:spyder:

:spyder: Spyderco OG Manix PE
:spyder: Spyderco Black Dodo SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Black Paramilitary PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco SPOT PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco OG Blackhawk SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Ladybug/Photon *gone*
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

VADER1313 wrote:Seems Doc is cool with the 500's The AMGs can bit a bit too much for some ppl and he seems to want AWD. Might live in the snow and a RWD CLK BS would be a nightmare.
I had a Porsche GT3 996. I loved it but for daily driving it sucked. I drove the Black Series and I love it, It's like the GT3 but more Lux and easy to take the potholes here in LA. The E55 is a big fast boat, I like performance cars over Lux, but the E55 is a great mix of power and lux, performance lacks in the handling dept but that because it's so big. I destroy a lot of people who think they are fast, they do not know this thing is stock almost 500 HP, so the speed and TQ make up for it.
I have no doubt the CLK BS would be a nightmare on snow, it can be nightmare when it's raining. Merc even has a "Warning" letter that comes with the car talking about how it can be too much to drive, to the best of my knowledge no other company does that.

I do like your Porsches in the pic. I completely agree that the GT3 is not great for everyday drive, that its basically a stripped out version of the 911, and I'm assuming the suspension would not handle the potholes very well.

Have any others besides the E55?

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.