Disney Carry?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
araneae

Disney Carry?

Post by araneae »

Heading to Epcot today...Anyone know if knives are currently prohibited in the parks?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Never been, but it seems I've read a few posts where people had to take knives back to their cars.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Here's a thread almost dedicated to it

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=725265

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
araneae

Post by araneae »

Thanks, looks like I'm going in neutered...
-Nick

BWPerdue

Post by BWPerdue »

Inside the pocket?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I carried my kershaw blur into every park but epcot is where a undercover got me. All they did was take the knife put it in a bag and kept it until i was ready to leave. I had it clipped to my pocket though. First thing they asked is if i was active duty military. I didn't drive to disney so i couldn't put it in my car but they gave it back. Mainly don't do it.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I went to busch gardens, islands of adventure, Blizzard beach, and universal studios this summer in florida. Although I didnt carry anything more than i had to..wallet and phone. For fear of losing everything on the wild roller coasters :eek: :D lol. I left my knives at the hotel when we went to the parks. We didnt go through any metal detectors at any of the parks that I can recall though..They just kind of took a peek in purses, handbags and back packs (looking for guns and such) although I wouldnt recommend it...I think IWB or even deep pocket carry would be alright.
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Billy

Post by Billy »

I live in Florida and go at least once a year. I've found if you just drop it in your pocket with no clip showing, you will be fine. I've also found that in general, I don't really need a knife of any sort in the parks. In recent memory, the only time I've used one was when I pulled my Izula out to cut up a breakfast fruit tart for me and my kid. Still nice to know I have one though. :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

They do a bag search before entry into the park, so as long as you keep it in your pocket and don't actually clip it, you'll be fine.

Just don't give it to your wife thinking they won't find it in her purse!
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I'm in Orlando training for a new job. I might hit the parks Saturday. I'll probably take a cricket deep pocket.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
ssmtbracer

Post by ssmtbracer »

I had a delica and a MT clipped on my pocket right before I was getting ready to walk in the gates with the Fam. and a under cover security ask to look at the blades and then said they were legal size and just to put them in my pocket. But that was just her some other one might say different. This was at epcot.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Rather than risk having to go all the way back to the car, I left the knife there. I didn't bring anything smaller than a Delica so I didn't want to risk using it and having an issue. It seems they have no written policy posted and that security may handle it as they see fit. I was okay without it, just not happy...
-Nick

java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Jimminy! Crickets and Mice OUGHT to be allowed in a Disney Park!

;)

j
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

We went to Disney Land in L.A. about a year and a half ago. We had a three day pass and every day I went I had my SAK Soldier in my pocket. They looked through my wife's purse and my camera bag though.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I just got home from my vacation in Orlando so Disney world/land which ever one is in FL. After getting ready to go to the parks I patted myself to check for my phone, wallet, keys, knife. I thunk twice about the Millie then clipped the Para. Then removed the Para and clipped the Tasman. Then my wife looked at me and I pocketed the Dragonfly instead. I carried the Dragonfly through all of the parks with no problem. It was in the lower pocket of my cargo shorts so no one would ever know its there. Me and my son went right thru the turn styles while my wife had her bag breifly looked at then went on to our day at each park. I'd say as long as security doesnt know you have it your good. Keep it conceled. Theres no metal detectors or crap like that. They check bags, purses, back packs, coolers. Using it in public infront of them is another story, I did not have any reason to use my knife while in the park. On the last day I went to Downtown Disney with my Para clipped. I used it a few times while there. Once on the ferry boat to peel back the wrapper on my sons unicorn pop. The boat driver didn't really give a hoot and that was that.
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

I was at Disneyland a week ago and they only looked through bags, which is where my wife still had her Ladybug-no problems. I regretted not taking one of my Caly's.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
duff72

Post by duff72 »

Several years ago I went to disneyland and on the tram going from the lot to the gate I realized I had my endura so I slipped it into my pocket (instead of going back to the car) and it was already too late . I am not sure if the tram driver saw it or what but as soon as I got in the gate past the bag search area a undercover security guard flashed her badge (it was shaped like mickey) and told me I had to take the knife in my right front pocket back to the car. pretty good catch on on their part in my opinion since they are screening tens of thousands of people a day . I wasnt trying to be slick ,just too lazy to go back to the car(which I ended up doing anyway) , my bad
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
JLS

Post by JLS »

Carried a Salt 1 IWB about a month ago with no problems at all. Never had to use it, but it was nice to have the option with me.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

whispers swick.... swick ..... neckcarry
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
tasmanH1salt

Post by tasmanH1salt »

I just went in February, didn't have any knives with me but there were no metal detectors so if you keep it not clipped to your pocket and do not have it in a bag you could probably get away with it. But, I always tend to travel a little more on the cautious side when it comes to things like this so bottom line I wouldn't do it at all.