How many White Castle burgers can you eat?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
4077th

How many White Castle burgers can you eat?

Post by 4077th »

I've never been to a White Castle but I'm developing an expensive addiction to the boxed version that's available at Walmart. You get six of these little darlings in a box and they're microwaveable. Problem is, six isn't enough. In fact, I don't know if twelve would be enough.... :eek:

So, those of us that have a White Castle in the area... What's your number? How many of these do you normally make disappear? :cool:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Forty odd years ago, the motorcycle club I belonged to stopped at a White Castle while out on a ride. Must have been about twenty of us. Typical bunch of AMA bikers of that era, not a lot of leather, no chains, no tats, riding everything from a Vespa scooter to a Harley. They refused us service and ordered us off their property. We went down the road to a little mom and pop place that had great food and was happy for our business. I've never eaten White Castle food since.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I'm gonna find out this very question this fall on my roadtrip. Just like I'm going to get dunkin donuts and see how much better timmy's is.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Never really knew what White Castle was until Harold and Kumar paid it a visit. Seems like a pretty difficult place to go.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

We stopped at one in Nashville a couple years ago.I had always wanted to try them as I love Krystal.I forced down 2 of them.They were nasty,to many onions and wet enough to just about be able to eat them through a straw.
I still love Krystal but after the White Castle my daughter that used to like Krystal can't even think about eating one.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I dont know about white castle but I have put down 12 krystals before. Let me tell you though you need to be on your way home pronto.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
4077th

Post by 4077th »

Domanfp wrote:...Let me tell you though you need to be on your way home pronto.
hehehehe... McDonalds' does me that way. Screws up my biological clock (I'm a first thing in the morning guy). One Bic Mac and I'm "off schedule". :eek:
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I thought that was the whole point to mcd's... at least thats what I use it for. 3-4 double cheeseburgers and it's off to the races.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I haven't been to a White Castle since the 80's when I was a kid. I can't believe its probably been almost 20 years since I ate at a White Castle. I do remember that I used to LOVE White Castle when I was a kid. I have been searching for one for about the last 5 years. Every time I go on a road trip I keep my eyes open for a White Castle. I have never found one. I don't even think they exist anymore.

-Eric
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I spent most of my life in St. Louis where it is a big chain. I've eaten as many as 6, but 3 is my usual. Sorry to hear about Paul's bad experience. My father used to go there all the time in the 40's on his Harley all decked out in leather.

Many years ago I read a big article about them in the Wall Street Journal. They had a stock program for the employees from the beginning and hundreds of the early employees who stayed with the company retired as millionaires.

I love the place and always stop by for a few belly bombers when I'm in St. Louis. If you don't want them to know you're an amateur order your White Castles (name for regular burger) with extra pickles, cheese fries and an orange Coke.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I LOVE White Castle!! I used to go when I lived in NJ, and when I was on a traveling assignment in MI. I used to get them for breakfast on my way to work when I was in MI. I think 6 is my max., but 3 is the usual.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Being a product of both north and south, I have experienced Krystals and White Castle. I have experienced good and very bad food from both, and I like either. But I have to say Krystals is much better.

As for how many 6 or 7 and a Chili cheese fry. (It sucks there isn't a Krystals in Charleston :( )

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

Ah, White Castle. Discovered them while I was in college, and rarely miss an opportunity to partake of them when I'm on the road.

The frozen ones can't hold a candle to ones hot off the grill, served on a paper plate.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

How many can I eat?

Last time I tired to find out the next morning was not very fun. :eek:
Come Join Us Click Here
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Oh man...Sliders?? I can't recall the last time I ate Sliders, but we used to get them by the dozen....
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

I have seen white castle burger joints up north but never ate at any of them.I have been told there real similar to crystal burgers,I have ate some of those.About two years ago while down in miami,Fl visiting my sister and I saw a royal castle hamburger joint.
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

I think my wife could eat a truck load of them! i can eat 4 of the double cheese burgers extra pickles. We only have Krystals in Texas, so they are good for a snack once in a while. I grew up eating White Castle in MI as a kid. They do have a way of flushing the system!
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

4 to 6 and i'm full............
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
Mr. Shawn

I dig Whities!

Post by Mr. Shawn »

I love White Castle, although my wife doesn't want to be around me the day after I eat them. :p I rarely eat them anymore, but when I do, I get 10 of them (in addition to eating the leftovers of my children) with extra, extra, extra pickles and onions.

I get extra stuff on everything I order, especially at Subway. I ask for so much extra vegetables that the person creating my sandwich is usually challenged to even close it! I have even told the sandwich creator that she doesn't need to close it because I will just take it all to my table and start eating. I just make sure to get a fork!
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton (American novelist and short-story writer, 1862-1937)
Tank

Post by Tank »

No white castles here in norcal that I know of. And frozen pre-made microwave burgers... no thanks
-John