Have you heard of Happy Thoughts?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Th232

Have you heard of Happy Thoughts?

Post by Th232 »

So I take it everyone here has heard of Spyderco (well, you're in their forum, so I hope so), but have you heard of Happy Thoughts?

I believe that it's run by Sal's wife, Gail, and has copies of the pendant that some of you may have seen Sal wear, but of more interest for me at least are the T-shirts that they sell. A couple of years back on another forum, Sal had reason to post the following quote:

"No one wants to look a fool. Everyone does the best they can. . . If they knew better. . . they'd do better."

I liked it and asked Sal if I could use it in my sig line. Not only did he let me, but also emailed me asking me to select a shirt size and colour and he'd send one with that quote to me. They didn't have the colour I selected, so they sent that shirt and another with the quote:

"There Seems to be an Amazing connection between what people do. . . and what happens to them."

I think Sal's generosity is more than well known, but this just floored me. To date I still wear those shirts, and will happily do so until they wear out, at which point I'll gladly buy more. This is from someone who has no other shirts, jackets or jumpers with large motifs, pictures or text other than those two shirts and his UNSW Judo club shirt.

More important than that is how simplistic, yet deep the sayings on those shirts are, and how sometimes people say stuff like "You know, that's a good point". Some people may not get it, but if one person has realised it, even only for a few minutes, I think it's worth it.

Not sure what the point of this was, I just felt compelled to write this. But if it helps spread a Happy Thought, then I'll be even happier.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

some great slogans in the teeshirt selections...

i like "S--- doesn't just happen... it comes from a--holes"

best thing i've heard since "you can't make chicken salad from chickensh--."
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Those are neat!