What do you guys read for knife magazines?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RJNC

What do you guys read for knife magazines?

Post by RJNC »

I prefer Tactical Knives Magazine myself.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I read Blade for a year or so, then got tired of reading a magazine that was more advertisments than content.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I've bought issues of Blade, Knives Illustrated, and Tactical Knives - I haven't bought a knife mag for some time, though. (at least a couple of years - I have never subscribed, just picked them up if i saw them on sale, which was rare enough..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
christopher

Post by christopher »

I've subscribed to Blade since '85. Sure was glad when they came out with the CD. Also have subscribed to Knives Illustrated for a little time, for the realy interesting coverage of special construction knives. But may not bother to renew this time and just pick it up.
Chris
markg

Post by markg »

I pick up "Tactical Knives" from time to time.

Still miss the days of "Fighting Knives."

Now that was a knife mag... :)
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Subscribed to blade for a year--echo enormous advertising volume. I don't subscribe anymore.
JD Spydo

Tactical Knives & Knife World

Post by JD Spydo »

Of the 3 mainline Knife publications I prefer Tactical Knives far and above any of the others.

However there is a little known monthly magazine that is only available by mail that I really love. It's called KNIFE WORLD. They are out of Chattanooga Tennesee USA. It covers just about all aspects of the the world of knives and I highly recommend you all contacting them for a sample issue.

I agree with VAMP that Blade seems to be more advertisements than anything else. I usually only buy about half the issues they put out anymore. Knives Illustrated is either really good or it's really bad. You just have to look over every issue before you buy one. I used to get all of them no matter what but with times being as bad as they are econonomically I'm getting more and more selective about what I shell out money for.

But I've never seen a bad issue of KNIFE WORLD. Many issues have stuff that I'm not really into but most of the reading in KW is interesting and well done. I never miss an issue of Tactical Knives. There is always something very interesting in each issue. Although it's getting really expensive and it only comes out every 2 months.

I was hoping that some of our brothers/sisters overseas would share what knife publications they read.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JB3

Post by JB3 »

Blade
J D Wijbenga

Post by J D Wijbenga »

I like the German Messer Magazin. Good quality reviews and pictures.

JD
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Only read Blade in bookstore. I dont want to subscribe since I will see stuff that I know I will want. This month there was an interesting article on indexing that Sal was interviewed for part.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
JBE

Post by JBE »

I used to pick up an issue of Tactical Knives from time to time at the bookstore but haven't done that in quite some time. It's honestly been a while since the last time I read a knife magazine. With all of the information that is available online in forums such as these, Bladeforums, etc. it really doesn't seem worth it anymore IMO.
Jason
Jarhead90

Post by Jarhead90 »

I buy Tactical Knives magazine.
-Trevor

Endura
Temperance 2
Tops Wolf Pup
CS Voyager (SE)
CRKT Bear Claw
Native--M.I.A.
Paul Moore "custom" Knife
Meyerco Wharning
Shivworks Disciple
4077th

Post by 4077th »

In hard print, basically only the AG Russell catalog. On the net, well, it's obvious. Here and Bladeforums. But knife mags? Come on... No way I'd actually plunk down money for one of those rags. I thumb thru them at the supermart while wifey is shoppin but that's it. I suppose that's why I don't understand all the hype over the Barong article. I get the basic principle. Article is written and filed before discontinuation of the model. Folks read the article and go shopping for a Barong only to find out they're two months too late. This is driving prices and interest in the model sky high. I get it. So apparently SOMEBODY buys those mags. I'll bet whoever voted to disco the Barong is getting some corporate hate mail right about now. hehe heheh heheh..... Sort of like the guy that pushed for New Coke. :D
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I don't read any magazines. I bought Blade a few times but didn't really find it to interesting. The info online is more than enough.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
THG

Post by THG »

I don't. I browse forums :D
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

A German magazine called "Messer Magazin"
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

From time to time I'll pick up an issue from Tactical Knives. At least they cover production knives and post user-type reviews. I'm not sure how long I'll keep that up though. I'm getting annoyed about the constant jabs at the internet. Seems no issue can't be made without at least one jab at knife collectors on the internet.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

hi there,

I like reading the German Messermagazin and also the Dutch Messenmarkt magazine.

regards,

Werner
The only good knive is my sharp Spyderco........
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I don't.

I read other things. Popular Mechanics, Readers Digest, Books, etc.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Print is dead, just look at what you can get on line.