Wrist Watch Decision

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gac

Post by gac »

Between the two I'd get the Luminox because of the tritium and the nicer face. I don't see the big deal about changing batteries. It's a battery, it will run down, you get a new one.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

The problem with the batteries is really a problem with me. I rotate watches and from time to time, I'll leave a watch sit for years. I've had to replace the movements on two watches because the battery died and leaked all over the place like in an old flashlight. Yes, automatics and mechanicals do need to be serviced from time to time to ensure water resistance and for lubrication. That being said, my fencing instructor had worn a seiko automatic since early in Viet-Nam conflict and has never had it serviced--after over 40 years.

My view on batteries is a personal thing--pluses and minuses. If you need an accurate watch and don't like hassles short term--winding, resetting time etc, quartz watches are great and available for much less cash. I just haven't enjoyed catastrophic failure--even and especially if due to my own neglect.
raven

Post by raven »

Hey All, Made my decision and went with the Luminox, but not the 8401. BBQ BOY posted the pic with the Luminox 6101 and I really liked the way it looks ... so pulled the trigger on it. I'll keep ya updated when it comes in ;) . Thanks for all of the feedback, Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

BTW, the pic is courtesy of JOMASHOP.com.

God Bless :)

-raven-
Attachments
jomashop_2090_101635121.jpg
jomashop_2090_101635121.jpg (58.51 KiB) Viewed 964 times
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

raven wrote:Hey All, Made my decision and went with the Luminox, but not the 8401. BBQ BOY posted the pic with the Luminox 6101 and I really liked the way it looks ... so pulled the trigger on it. I'll keep ya updated when it comes in ;) . Thanks for all of the feedback, Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

BTW, the pic is courtesy of JOMASHOP.com.

God Bless :)

-raven-
Gil, I love the look of that watch! It's just awesome! The bead-blasted case really sets off the black face and dial. Too cool for school!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Jomashop? Hey, I've got a red face Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph coming from those guys! My first from them.......... ;)

Regards,

BRIAN
jossta

Post by jossta »

My dad went through 3 Luminox Watches b/c he kept breaking the crystal, he's a boat captain though, so not exactly easy on watches, but still. He ended up throwing it overboard when the third screen cracked.

edit: I got my Victorinox Ground Force from Joma Shop for an AWESOME price last year, although it too is now broken (nothing serious, just haven't fixed it yet).
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

raven,
Love the carbon fiber face!
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

I like the Rolex Submariner
Never mistake kindness for weakness.