What did you get for Christmas?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
StuntZombie

What did you get for Christmas?

Post by StuntZombie »

Title says it all.

I got a couple of Buck knives (303 stockman and 501 Squire)
Boker Pilot Survival knife
Bunch of DVD's
Bunch of books
PSP games
candy

and probably the biggest surprise of all, a Glock 26 from my girlfriend.

So, what did you guys open up this holiday?
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I got some time off from work and was able to spend it with family... that's all I needed.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

Carl Jung's Red Book
A Spyderco Khukri! :) I like.
Bunch of .357 ammo
Voodoo Labs Tremolo pedal for mah bass
socks

Good haul, and tons of great food.

I got my dad some really nice earphones for when we go shooting my .357 :D
Also got my Bro in law some nice rudder pedals for Flight Simulator, which he's really into.
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

*National Geographic dvd archive (1888-present)
*grilling cookbook
*handheld blender
*salt and pepper mills (and will be getting a special pink salt when it's in stock again, something like 30% of the sodium of sea salt)
*when we're done the basement renos, my folks are paying to build a cover into my truck similar to what dad put on his in '08.
*fleece bunnyhug (been wearing since I unwrapped it :p )
*2 pair of fleece sweatpants
*got a laguiole from a secret santa exchange on the other forum, been using it for about 2 weeks now.
*my niece made a stuffed green monster for me, just because I'm impossible to buy for and she knew I would have anything like it yet

Had tried to get the dvd archive a couple months ago through amazon, but I'm guessing someone else had clicked on it since it updated last... nothing went through on my card. Prices here were 30% more than amazon though my folks aren't saying much beyond it almost went missing at the office on my father.

Had a good laugh at the big family exchange yesterday (the 25th)... small usps box wrapped in shrink wrap, 4 layers of duct tape, and a fancy paper to hide it all. No-one else had a knife on them.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Piercieve wrote:Carl Jung's Red Book
Very cool. I was a Jungian and an advocate of the unconscious even before my conscious was crippled by brain damage. They're both still worth reading, but Freud was a captive of the Victorian era while Jung is still directly relevant.

My big Christmas present was a 10" Zodiac with Nissan outboard and trailer, all barely used and $900 on Craigslist. When crab season opens this Spring I expect to be eating a lot of Dungeness crab.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I got time with family, first and foremost. I also got Alton Brown's new book, some $$, a couple other books, a Spyderco shirt, and a foliage green G-10 FFG Endura!
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

We down scaled Christmas this year, I got a Spyderco "S" and a CRKT Ashworth Turtle.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was fortunate enough to get a Spyderco Bushcrafter from some very fine people. The first present I've gotten in 3 years or so. I thought Santa had forgotten where I lived. :)

Then I spent christmas day home sick to the point I couldn't get up to take the dog out. That doesn't happen often at all. Even coming home from surgerys I still get up to care for Finn.

It was a good year though.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

vampyrewolf wrote:*National Geographic dvd archive (1888-present)
*grilling cookbook
*handheld blender
*salt and pepper mills (and will be getting a special pink salt when it's in stock again, something like 30% of the sodium of sea salt)
*when we're done the basement renos, my folks are paying to build a cover into my truck similar to what dad put on his in '08.
*fleece bunnyhug (been wearing since I unwrapped it :p )
*2 pair of fleece sweatpants
*got a laguiole from a secret santa exchange on the other forum, been using it for about 2 weeks now.
*my niece made a stuffed green monster for me, just because I'm impossible to buy for and she knew I would have anything like it yet

Had tried to get the dvd archive a couple months ago through amazon, but I'm guessing someone else had clicked on it since it updated last... nothing went through on my card. Prices here were 30% more than amazon though my folks aren't saying much beyond it almost went missing at the office on my father.

Had a good laugh at the big family exchange yesterday (the 25th)... small usps box wrapped in shrink wrap, 4 layers of duct tape, and a fancy paper to hide it all. No-one else had a knife on them.
Jeez 'VW'.... looks like you cleaned up! Any standout recipes in that grilling cookbook?
raven

Post by raven »

I got:

Spyderco Phoenix (earlier)
a Very Warm Blanket
iTunes Gift Card
iPod Nano
Under Armour T-Shirt and Sweat Pants
A 9mm Jericho Pistol

and "ENGAGED" to a very Incredible Woman ;) .

Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Sequimite wrote:
My big Christmas present was a 10" Zodiac with Nissan outboard and trailer, all barely used and $900 on Craigslist. When crab season opens this Spring I expect to be eating a lot of Dungeness crab.
Where's Spinal Tap when you need them? :D
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I think ya got us all beat, Raven!
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Clawhammer wrote:Jeez 'VW'.... looks like you cleaned up! Any standout recipes in that grilling cookbook?
Haven't even gone poking through it yet. I use recipe books as ingredient lists usually. Open, find something I want to try, and head to the store to buy what I don't have yet. I'd wager I've probably made 1/2-3/4 of the stuff in there already though. I've got an electric countertop grill with a griddle top for it. With 3 food jobs and cooking my own food when I worked downtown at the greek place, I can do some amazing things with a griddle top. Planning to make chicken pitas tomorrow for supper, only because I don't want to make tzatziki today.

and apparently I have "something else" coming from my sister when she can meet the guy to pick it up.

We have a "$25 budget" to prevent overspending and losing the fact that the holiday season is to be with family and celebrate thier survival... not this commercialized abomination it has turned into.

My folks went over, Mom got a Wii console and Wii Fit Plus from Dad, but my sister and I kept the spending in check. I spent 250 on 5 people, good chunk of that on my niece.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

I got

Stretch C90CFP
Stretch C90P - The SS/Kraton version(on its way...soon)
Calypso Jr C52GY
Brooks Brothers Tie
Brooks Brothers Cufflinks
Cole Haan Howland Driving Moccasins

Canis

Edited for spelling.
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Among many other lovely gifts, I got a Fenix light. Somehow, it managed to turn on in my pocket and toast my leg. :(
Attachments
PD10Ti.jpg
PD10Ti.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

My sister and her boyfriend (we call him BILIT. Brother In Law in Training.) were able to come up from Phily. We talked, laughed a whole lot, ate, played some board games, watched some movies. It was nice to talk face to face, and to give hugs in person! Also, the other half has almost 3 weeks off work too. Those are the best gifts!

I was also gifted the following:
10 cans of Cambell's Chicken Gumbo soup. (You can not get this soup where I live. It is my favorite!!)
64 Gig iPod Touch
2 pairs of cargo pants.
a shirt
3 sweat shirts

But the best gift was my sister and Colin. My other sister was not able to make it this year, due to work issues. I am thankful for the time that we DID have with B & C!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I got:
A couple of shirts and a pair of jeans.
No knives or anything tactical this year.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Doc Pyres wrote:Where's Spinal Tap when you need them? :D
Cue the dancing dwarves.

A ten foot two inch Zodiac.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

TheKnifeCollector wrote: 10 cans of Cambell's Chicken Gumbo soup. (You can not get this soup where I live. It is my favorite!!)
I like this stuff, too... especially the low sodium kind. I've found that the Chunky Soup version is even better. After buying it for a while, and having similar problems with finding this stuff... (I live on an island in Alaska, where it is much in demand), I started making my own gumbo, from scratch. (Smoked sausage, pork drippings, bacon, sole [the fish], and chicken). I read about 10 different recipes, then fused core concepts together, and made about 2.5 gallons. It came out WAY better than the store-bought gumbo! Ate a ton of it... over and over... and then put a huge amount in the freezer.

I suggest you consider doing the same! :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »