Show us your Tactical Pens

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Show us your Tactical Pens

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

This is an Off-shoot of my Kubotan thread..many people mentioned that they carried a Tactical Pen instead of a Kubotan, I didn't understand why and didn't own any...so I picked up two a Smith and Wesson and the other from Schrade to get an idea of what people where talking about. What nice Kubotans they make, and now I know what everyone is talking about. Show us your Tactical Pens, mine are pictured below.....Doc :D

"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Top one, rest are my EDC pens.

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Didn't know they came in Pink....Very Cool in Pink...gonna have to pick one up for the wife...she loves pink!..So do I for that matter...That makes two!...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

Here is mine, in an old EDC image...

Marion
Marion David Poff
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I Think Spyderco Should make one of these Tactical Pens...an aircraft aluminum body Pen with countersunk holes running down the body and little divots (like on the lil Temp or Yojimbo) near the top to assist in rapid grip change positions, (there are six different positions to hold a Kubotan)..that would be so cool!!!...Doc :D

sarguy

Post by sarguy »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I Think Spyderco Should make one of these Tactical Pens...an aircraft aluminum body Pen with countersunk holes running down the body and little divots (like on the lil Temp or Yojimbo) near the top to assist in rapid grip change positions, (there are six different positions to hold a Kubotan)..that would be so cool!!!...Doc :D
maybe one with a light? sounds familiar, and yes I'd love one too.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

V-1

Post by V-1 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I Think Spyderco Should make one of these Tactical Pens...an aircraft aluminum body Pen with countersunk holes running down the body and little divots (like on the lil Temp or Yojimbo) near the top to assist in rapid grip change positions, (there are six different positions to hold a Kubotan)..that would be so cool!!!...Doc :D
Agreed. I'd buy one quickly. I love my Benchmade pen... even though it's anodized a hideous Gold. What can I say, I picked it up for $45 NIB. I've used it for a year (everyday at work) and I love it.
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

I bought the Pink Schrade for my wife for a stocking stuffer this year. There is a black S&W waiting for me to go pick up. Nice pens.

My daughter wants one in the blue now.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

Interesting thread, and timing. I just started looking at tactical pens.

I'm really impressed with what I see from Tuff-Writer. Anyone have experience with their product(s)?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Had an opportunity to handle both the Schrade and S&W pens when helping a friend overseas acquire them. They are very similar, virtually identical except for the details at the top (non-writing end). They both take the same refill and even the boxes and instruction sheets were the same aside from the logos. However, while were quite nicely made and felt good in my hand, the one thing which has kept me from getting one for myself was the cap. While it screws on very securely to close the pen, you must choose between letting it rest loosely on the pen, or just laying it down when you're writing. Assuming you're not carrying it solely as a weapon, but intend to write with it occasionally, IMHO that's a design flaw.

I'll stick with my Cross Townsend rollerball. Writes great, cap fits nicely in both the open and closed positions, and I think I could cause some pain with it if the need arose.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Interesting Paul, I'm not experiencing that with the S&W cap..it fits pretty snug..I'm worried about rubbing some of the finish off though as it slides on and off....Doc :D

jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I never post the cap with any pen, prefer to either lay it aside or hold it in left hand so that's not a problem for me.
kevininstructor

Post by kevininstructor »

This is my main tactical pen mainly because it does not have a pointed end like many do.
The :spyder: Endura IV rocks!!!
My home
kevininstructor

Post by kevininstructor »

This is one I carry when not concerned about having a pointed end.
The :spyder: Endura IV rocks!!!
My home
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I cannot say enough good things about the Tuffwriter. I have two of them. One full size like the one above and a full size exec model that I pried out of the company owners hand. Take care all and God Bless!
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

Thanks for the feedback, information and ongoing education I continue to get from this forum. Order placed with Tuff-Writer. I really liked the looks of the executive model on the website, but want full size. I envy you being able to pry such away from the company owner, stonyman!
dete

Post by dete »

wow very nice! I like how some of them are pointy when closed.

simple yet innovative. :cool:
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

kevininstructor wrote:This is my main tactical pen mainly because it does not have a pointed end like many do.
That is what I EDC as well. The Hinder Kubaton system is very cool!
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Picked up a pair of Zebra F701 pens for $10 at wmart this week for stocking stuffers. Mercop over on edcf recommended them as a suitable pen with kubotan opportunities. Looks like a pen, acts like a pen, but stainless steel and pointy makes for 'other' uses.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
untamed

Spot on!

Post by untamed »

The Deacon wrote:However, while were quite nicely made and felt good in my hand, the one thing which has kept me from getting one for myself was the cap. While it screws on very securely to close the pen, you must choose between letting it rest loosely on the pen, or just laying it down when you're writing. Assuming you're not carrying it solely as a weapon, but intend to write with it occasionally, IMHO that's a design flaw.
Those are EXACTLY my thoughts as well on an otherwise well-designed product.